ONE: THE FINAL MISSION

Broken Hearted Arrow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Heads up: None of the major gods here share familial ties/blood (like the original mythologies so you don’t have to worry about or anything; just think of them as a group of friends or whatever). Ok, enough of the ramblings. Here you go…

 

What happens when the god of love himself gets his heart broken? Simple. Every arrow he shoots brings about heartache and misery rather than true love.

 Yonghwa aka Cupid/Eros in Olympus, trudged his way towards the Royal Court where his parents and the rest of the gods awaited his presence.

“FINALLY! HOW DARE YOU MAKE US WAIT! ARE YOU AWARE OF THE HAVOC YOU’VE CAUSED?!” Yunho aka Zeus roared as soon as he set foot in the court. The demigods led him to stand in the middle, before the council.      

He was expecting this to happen. He didn’t dare look up because he knew that everyone present was seething in anger. They’ve got a million complaints from the human world regarding matters of the heart, of which, he is responsible.

“I’m sorry.” That was all he could say and based on the frustrations and groans, he knew it wasn’t good enough.

“Well, your “sorry” doesn’t cut it! How long do you plan on moping around like some depressed and pathetic mortal?! Wake up Yonghwa!!! The humans are mocking us and throwing curses for all the failed relationships you put them through…!”

 

As if on cue, they heard a shout of complaints, which obviously came from the human world.

“HEY CUPID!!!! The next time you shoot an arrow, make sure to hit us both! You !”

“I hate you Cupid! F**k you!!!! I’m never gonna ask for your help again! You hear that?! NEVER!”

“Stop messing with my love life Cupid! You’ve done nothing but to make me fall in love with jerks who are the scum of the earth! What have I done to deserve this?! Curse you and the rest of Olympus! I don’t give a damn about you anymore!”

“Yo Cupid! Don’t you think it’s about time you grew up from your diapers and weaned from your baby bottles?! Because the way you’ve dealt with my relationships has been nothing but bulls**t! If you consider love as nothing but child’s play, then stay the hell out of my relationships! Bastard useless god of love!”

“Hey Cupid! You jerk! What’s the point of making me fall in love with someone I can never have?! Worse, she’s a married woman!!! If I didn’t know, I could’ve broken such a wonderful family! I hate you!”

“Is your supply running low? Have you run out of arrows and only ended up shooting one of us?! I thought you were the god of love! You’ve done nothing but bring me misery! F**k off you chubby diaper winged creature! You’re no god of love so stop masquerading as one!”

 

Yonghwa felt even more terrified. He could feel his knees shaking and his sweat trickling down his forehead. He took a quick glimpse towards his parents’ side in hopes of finding ‘moral support’ but the two clucked their heads in disagreement and he knew that he messed up. Big time. If Zeus/Yunho was already upset with him, then the recent outburst from the human world has done nothing but to magnify his wrath. The last thing any god wishes for is to be punished by the ruler himself.

 

“You see what you’ve done?! We’ve been the subject of ridicule for the past hundred years because of your stupidity and irresponsibility!!! How are you still not over that wench?!”

 

“Psyche is not a wench!” Yonghwa cried out in defense.

 

“SHE IS!!!!” (EVERYONE)

 

The 8 muses didn’t bother hiding their vexation over the god of love’s predicament.

 

“Oh my gosh how can you still not be over that witch?! She’s poisoned your mind to make you believe that you’re in love with her!” (Jessica)

 

“It’s been a century Yonghwa! Wake up! You were NEVER in love with her! She casted a spell on you and made you drink some disgusting potion to plant this delusion in your head! Get over it!” (Sooyoung)

 

“I still don’t understand how a witch managed to charm a god. How can the god of love himself fall victim to some sickening love potion?!! Yah, aren’t you supposed to be immune to those stuffs?!” (Hyoyeon)

 

“It’s because that witch’s thirst for immortality knows no end! She found a way to lower Yong’s defenses by mixing that sordid potion of hers in our nectar wine!” (Taeyeon)

 

“She’s a hideous beast alright but she’s also 100% cunning and manipulative! Aish! If only those newly recruited demigods knew better, then that hideous monster wouldn’t even get the chance to step foot in our kingdom and poison Cupid’s drink.” (Yuri)

“Why did he target Yong anyway?” (Yoona)

 

“Because he happened to be the only god wandering far outside the confines of Olympus, that’s why! Aish.” (Sunny)

 

“Girls, girls, calm down. This isn’t helping the situation at all. I’m curious though. What happened to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter