SEVEN: A STEP BACK IN TIME

Broken Hearted Arrow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

          Everyone in Olympus rushed towards the Royal Court. As soon as the attendance was complete, Yunho spoke up and tried to be all solemn and serious.

          “We are all gathered here today…”

          Everyone else yawned upon his opening statement. “Aish. These people! Can they not let me practice my dramatic acting?” he thought. He decided to abandon that and just proceed with the announcement.

          “Today marks the end of Cupid’s mission. I gathered you all here to watch the finale…”

            He wasn’t finished with his speech just yet when pandemonium enveloped the entire venue. Everyone spoke all at once.

          “What?! Today is the last day?!”

            “Are you sure he’s going to shoot the arrow now?! But why!”

            “Wait! How can it be so soon? I mean, yeah, it’s not so soon, but I think it is so soon because Seohyun doesn’t look like she’s into that guy just yet!”

            “I know we all heard his thoughts the previous day but is this for real?!”
            “Am I shipping the wrong couple? I tried hard to make myself believe that Soohyun and Seohyun are soulmates but I just can’t! They have NO chemistry! We all know she will never see him more than a brother. That’s the extent of it!”

            “I don’t think I can watch this….waaah! Joonyoung! Uri Yong-yong. How can he survive the human world on his own?!”

            “He has to. Unless he made the right choice with that Kim Soohyun.”

            Yunho shushed all of their worries and fears and signaled for them to keep quiet.

          “We have some guests arriving. What time is it and they’re still not here? Aish. That girl must’ve overslept again! Anyway, we all better keep our mouths shut. The show is about to start.”

 

Her alarm rang. It was 5:01am. Seohyun got up and went on her usual routine. She didn’t have to report to work today. Her Jihyo unnie said she’s got some last minute wedding preparations to oversee and since most of their work for the upcoming publication of TheFNC is done, everyone was granted today as their day off.

          She has finished cleaning the house and went out to take the trash. As soon as she was outside, Yonghwa slipped inside her bedroom and waited for her return. It was taking her longer to come back and he didn’t notice he had fallen asleep. Seohyun had no other plans scheduled that day and for no known reasons, she just wanted to lie around and doze off in bed.

          Once she stepped inside the house, she sensed that something was off. She kept her steps as quietly as possible as she searched every nook for potential ‘danger.’ Her bedroom was the last place on her list. Before entering, she grabbed the nearest thing she could find and it was that thick and long wooden stick.

Her bedroom door was slightly opened. The curtains were shut as well as the lights. She squinted her eyes in the darkness and saw a figure lying on her bed. The shameless ert had the nerve to cover himself in her favorite blankets as if it were his own. She walked closer towards the bed. She stood nearby the side table where her night lamp was. She switched the lamp on as she simultaneously hit the figure with that stick. The stranger was yelping in pain but she wouldn’t relent.

          “AAAAAAHHHHHH!!! WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING IN  MY BED?!!!! BYUNTAEEEE!!!”

            “WHAT THE?!!!! OUCH! HEY! STOP! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING! OUCH! YAH!”

            “HOW DID YOU GET IN HERE YOU ERT!!!”

            “I’m not a ert! Yah! Stop! It hurts! It’s me! Ouch! Yah! HYUN!!!!! I said it’s me! Stop!”

 

Once she heard the name ‘Hyun’ she immediately halted her attack and got up from the bed to switch on the lights. Yonghwa fixed the messy sheets first before facing her. He scratched the back of his head and shyly said,

          “Uh…hi? Long time no see..hehe.”

            There wasn’t any response. The atmosphere was getting even more awkward and he’s afraid that she might suddenly bolt out the door and run away from him, so he did what he thought was best: act like the ‘choding.’ He cleared his throat and mimicked the way he introduced himself to her the first time they met.

          “I am Cupid, the god of love and attraction. I am here to help you, Seo Joohyun, find your perfect true love.”

            Still, there was no reaction. His nervousness was eating him up. When he found the courage to look at her, she was crying. He rushed to her side in less than a second and stammered as he wiped her tears.

          “Uh..why are you crying? Hyun? Yah. Did I say something wrong? Did I offend you? Are you mad because I slept in your bed? I didn’t mean to! I was waiting for you to come back and I fell asleep and the next thing I know someone was hitting me..and I, uh. Stop crying please? What do I have to do? Hyun! You’re scaring me. I, uh, I’m not good at this. Aish. How do you make a girl stop crying? Umma! Hyun? I’m really sorry!”

            He was on the verge of a panic attack when he felt her wrap her arms around him in a tight embrace. He hasn’t even enjoyed the moment before she took that stick again and hit him with it.

          “Ouch! Hey! What the? HYUN!”

            “YAH! Where the hell have you been Yo~ng Choding?! What makes you think you can just disappear like that and walk back in here like nothing happened?! You pabo! I hate you!!! I hate you! I hate you!”

            Seohyun cried as she continued to hit him with the stick. He caught her wrist and successfully threw it aside. She didn’t dare make eye contact as she whispered,

          “But…I hate myself even more for missing you.”

            His cheeks burst upon hearing that and he gathered her up in his embrace as he ruffled her hair.

          “Aigoo. I missed you too.”

            They stayed like that for a minute longer than they intended to. He was the one who broke the hug first.

          “I have a request that only you can grant.”

            “What’s that?”

            “Go out on a date with me.” he felt like a high school boy asking his crush to go out. He tried to mask his anxiety as much as he could but any minute now, he fears that his cover might be blown. She contemplated for a few seconds before answering back with one eyebrow raised.

            “I thought you said you’re not supposed to ‘fraternize’ with your targets?”

            “This isn’t ‘fraternizing’ Hyun. I’m just here to show you what you’ve been missing out. You’ve been dating a guy who hasn’t managed to come up with an idea of his own. Don’t you think it’s time that you experience dating THE original most eligible bachelor? Ha! Consider this as an honor! You’re the only mortal who gets this once-in-a-lifetime chance of dating the god of love!”

All those dramatic feelings just flew out the window. It wasn’t a bad thing though because the tension was broken and they were back to the way they used to (well, at least, almost).

          “Psh. Fine. Give me a few minutes to dress up and gather my things.”

            She shooed him out of her room but not before he said,

          “I already picked what you’re going to wear! It’s there in your walk-in closet. Don’t you dare choose another one!”

            “Arasso, arasso. Now just get out of here unless you want to waste more time.”

            One of the perks of ‘dating’ a girl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter