Sparing Yong Hwa From The Pain

This Is Not Like The Dramas That You See, Get It?

Annyeonghaseyo, chingudeul?

Nope. The noona with the fiery appeal won't be Dara because she is cute and dorky. And yes, she will be from a girl group. Nope, not from my unfavorite group, nor of my favorite group, nor of the other groups that I had mentioned in Chapter 4. Not even one from After School, so don't worry. And nope, it's not gonna be Lee Hyori. ^_*

****

Jong Hyun grabbed the phone after putting the picture back on the table. He searched the call registry and deleted Shin Hye's number from the list. If Yong Hwa should be spared from pain, he would rather side with Yong Hwa as of the moment. For him, Yong Hwa was perfect, unlike him. He was the ideal boyfriend, so what's not to love in him?

"I understand if Shin Hye doesn't love Hyung, but why? Hyung is perfect."

After deleting the said entry, he placed the phone back and went out of the room. He sent a text through his phone to Woori and the rest that Shin Hye called, and Woori called him when she received the text. They talked at length, with Woori telling Jong Hyun at what transpired at the bar.

"Shin Hye had a crush on a stranger just because he had sparkling eyes?" asked the burning guy.

"Shin Hye seemed to have a penchant for guys with the bad boy aura," Woori pointed out. "Do you know she used to have a crush on Min Hyuk?"

"Ara," Jong Hyun said as he sat on the couch. "That's why Hyung hated him in the past. Sheesh, Hyung is so intelligent, but he is so possessive."

"And Shin Hye used to have a crush on you too," Woori spilled the beans.

Jong Hyun's eyes grew wide.

"Mwo?" asked the resident vampire. "I never knew that!"

"So now you know the reason why Yong Hwa gave you and Shin Hye the cold shoulder for two weeks in the past?"

"Jamkkanman, who told you that?" Jong Hyun asked. He was still shocked that Shin Hye chose a bad boy over his hyung, and he was also shocked that he used to be Shin Hye's eye candy.

"Jung Shin," Woori said.

Jong Hyun rolled his eyeballs. The nerve of that nurse. Anyway, Jong Hyun told Woori not to tell Shin Hye that he deleted her call history on Yong Hwa's phone, and to tell Min Hyuk and Jung Shin the same.

"And do not tell Yong Hwa that she called, arasseo?" Woori instructed him.

"Ne, ara," Jong Hyun said. "We should spare him the hurt. I could tell him that she called, but it seems that Hyung had experienced too much already. I pity him."

"Na do," Woori told him.

Jong Hyun hung up and went back to Yong Hwa's room and continued to attend his hyung. As he fanned the sweating Yong Hwa, he noticed tears trickling down from Yong Hwa's eyes.

"Shin Hye-ya... tteonajima... (don't leave me)... gajima..." Yong Hwa murmured.

Jong Hyun shook his head as he continued fanning his poor hyung. He still could not get over the fact that, after Shin Hye was feeling guilty after lunch, she seemed to enjoy the company of a stranger.

"Sigh. I guess we should let her have her happiness," Jong Hyun thought to himself.

****

Shin Hye was tossing and turning. The thought of Jong Hyun telling her that Yong Hwa was asleep bothered her more than Min Ho's text messages excited her.

"Aish, Yong Hwa understands me, right?" she justified herself. "I deserve to be happy, and he does too. I hope someone can love him better than I can do for him..."

Nevertheless, sleep was too unkind, for the thought of the sad Yong Hwa came back to mind again.

 

~~~~