I'm In Love With My Best Friend

This Is Not Like The Dramas That You See, Get It?

Annyeonghaseyo, yeoreobun? Yep, it's good to be back, writing YongShin fics. Thank you for all your love and support, and I miss you all. I will do my best to make this story as enjoyable as possible. And hey, for those MinShin fans (after "Heirs"), joesonghande, I am not a MinShin fan and will never be, but if there is a MinShin that I will like, that will be Min Hyuk and Jung Shin, hahahaha. 

Ya, please do me a favor. Please spread this YongShin fic to all your other YongShin friends. ^_^ Gamsahamnida. ^_^

****

The alarm of the mobile phone went off after a finger pressed the snooze button. Yong Hwa slightly opened his eyes and saw some bleak ray of light outside his window. It was already seven in the morning, but the sun had yet to shine in Singapore. Yong Hwa got up, put off his alarm altogether, and slowly got out of bed to head to the bathroom. There, he brushed his teeth.

He was looking lazily at himself when he realized that he was indeed so handsome, and that his handsome face should be seen by someone whom he had known since he was young. That someone, he will be seeing this afternoon, for he will be ending his week-long work/vacation in Singapore. 

"What else will I bring for Shin Hye?" he thought as he went inside the bathroom to bathe.

He had scouted all the good stuff at ION Orchard, as well as those at Millenia Walk. He even bought some Etude House products at Harbourfront though Etude House was literally all over Korea. He got some goodies at Chinatown, as well as got some memorable pictures at the Botanic Gardens to make Shin Hye green with envy. 

"Damn! I wonder when the two of us can go on vacation together?"  he asked himself. "The last time we had been going on vacation together was like... university years?"

He had to bathe and get dressed fast, and grab his breakfast in the hotel as soon as possible. He did not want to miss his flight, not when Shin Hye's birthday will be tomorrow.

After being ready, he went out of the room, went to the lift, and waited for the lift to come down. He did not notice some women looking at him with desire, for Yong Hwa was handsome. Extremely handsome. And yeah, he was making himself very handsome because he wanted to look good for his best friend.

And a sad realization hit him.

Does Shin Hye also make herself look good for him? Or was he just a friend to her?

Finally, the lift stopped at the floor, the doors flung open, and Yong Hwa stepped aside, the gentleman that he was, to let the lovelorn ladies get in first. After they entered the car, he got in as well and tried to push the button of the designated floor when he realized that someone had pushed the ground floor button already.

When he reached his destination, he immediately went straight to the restaurant to grab his meal, not listening to the murmurs of the ladies who were sighing at his innate beauty. Yong Hwa ate as solemnly, yet as steadily as he could because he did not want to waste time. His flight would be at twelve, and he had to be there at Changi Airport at ten.

****

Indeed, the plane landed on time, and Shin Hye looked at her watch. She was excited to meet her best friend. She even wondered what gifts Yong Hwa bought for her.

"Hmmm... would it be chocolates? Perfume? Clothes?" she mused. "But I have a lot of those already!"

Anyway, she was waiting at the arrival area, and she had parked her car at the designated parking lot. Finally, Yong Hwa came out, bringing a backpack and another handcarry luggage. Though he had been in Singapore for a week, he knew how to manage his clothes, laundry included. After all, he could afford to splurge and not get broke. Shin Hye waved her hand to catch his attention, and Yong Hwa saw her and smiled, waving back.

"Annyeong?" she greeted warmly. "Just in time for my birthday tomorrow!"

"Mullon! How could I forget?" Yong Hwa told her.

The two friends walked to where Shin Hye parked her car, and they entered the vehicle. Shin Hye pestered him about the goodies that he was bringing for her and for their other friends.

"I have heard that Jong Hyun passed out when he donated blood," Yong Hwa asked her, telling her that Jung Shin told him over the phone. "I thought vampires do not fear blood loss."

Shin Hye laughed heartily. It had been the circulated rumor in the office that Jong Hyun is a vampire due to the fact that he is so white and good-looking, just like the vampires that the Western world had fed our consciousness.

"You know how he is," Shin Hye told her bestie. "Jong Hyun loves to dare, but when it comes to seeing his own blood, he passes out."

"He should not have given his consent in the first place," Yong Hwa sighed. "If he cannot stand such an invasive procedure, might as well pass."

The two friends shook their heads as Shin Hye maneuvered her car. Later on, she told him that Min Hyuk and Woori were already engaged, and Yong Hwa felt sorry he was not able to attend the engagement party due to the fact that he was in Singapore for work. Shin Hye told him that Min Hyuk understood, as it was already in the plan of activities of the management that they send someone to their branch offices to oversee the operations, and Yong Hwa was qualified to go there, being a manager.

"How is Jung Shin doing at the clinic?" Yong Hwa asked about their other friend, who recently became the company nurse.

"Jung Shin is doing fine," Shin Hye informed him. "He knows the nursing stuff, though he had to adapt to the administrative side of his job."

"It can't be helped," Yong Hwa replied as he dug inside the pocket of his jacket. Then, he pulled out something and handed it to her.

"Mwoya?" she asked without looking at the thing, for her eyes were on the road.

"Ah... mian," he replied. "It's... it's a gift, care of ION Orchard."

"Sheesh, you're such a braggart, Yong Hwa," Shin Hye . "I bet you met high-class ladies at Orchard Road."

"Me? Meeting high-class ladies? Andwae!" Yong Hwa replied. "I was too busy managing the business operations to even date."

"Lie to me," Shin Hye joked.

"Well, if it pleases you, would you go out on a date with me?" he asked, hoping his offer sounded like an actual offer for a date rather than a casual offer to go hang out with a friend.

But Shin Hye did not get it.

"Date? Geurae!" she replied casually. "After all, you have nothing to do this afternoon, and I took the day off from the office just to fetch you. The boss agrees, you know."

Yong Hwa was crestfallen. How come Shin Hye never read the signs? Once he would give her the gifts he had bought in Singapore, he was hoping she'd change her mind and look at him the way he had been looking at her.

Wait.

Looking at her?

Since when?

"I wish you'd look at me that way too, Shin Hye-ya..." Yong Hwa thought sadly as he placed the gift back inside the pocket of his jacket.

 

~~~~

Since when did Yong Hwa had a crush on Shin Hye?

 

~~~~