Singapore Vacation Days

This Is Not Like The Dramas That You See, Get It?

Eun Jung finally posted her pictures at Merlion Park.

"This is so gonna be exciting," she said to her new friends as she tagged certain people in the company--her close friends there.

"Na do!" Fei and Sojin excitedly said.

Taecyeon only sighed. Though it was an era of SNS, it was only Line that he knew how to use. He did not have Facebook, Twitter, KakaoTalk, KakaoStory, Weibo, Instagram, or any others. He felt like an old abeoji dealing with high school girls.

"Ya, did you notice Shin Hye and Jung-jangnim?" Sojin broke it up to them.

"Mwoya?" asked the other two ladies.

"They looked really sweet recently," Sojin said.

"Jinjja?" asked Fei.

"I know they're close..." Eun Jung said.

"But not like how they acted last Saturday morning," Sojin said. "Like, something must have happened. Jung-jangnim often held her around the waist, and Shin Hye cuddles up to him."

Eun Jung and Fei looked at each other in excitement.

"I bet they're a couple already!!!!" Sojin excitedly said.

Eun Jung and Fei seemed to know what Sojin meant.

"They're hotter than all the couples that Dispatch had revealed!" Fei said.

Taecyeon did not share what he knew. 

"Gaja," Taecyeon blandly told the girls as they walked away. Today, their adventure would be to Little India.

*****

Some of Eun Jung's friends in the office saw her uploaded photo.

"Wow, daebak," one sighed. "I wish I can travel to Singapore too!"

"Na do, na do!"

Woori and Min Hyuk sighed. They were among the employees who had taken the test to get the chance to be in Singapore, but they were not lucky enough to get there.

"Omo, what rumor is this?" one of the women asked as she read Eun Jung's message.

Min Hyuk and Woori heard that. They went to the other women's table to snoop.

"Jung-jangnim and Shin Hye are a couple already?"

"Huh! I bet Shin Hye will get freebies from now on."

"While we might be punished, she will be let off because they're close friends."

"Ya!" Min Hyuk screamed at them.

The girls looked at him in fright. Min Hyuk had a really angry expression on his face.

"Do you always go around trading gossips? Do you really know what happened?"

The girls looked at Min Hyuk like they were asking for his mercy.

"That's why this country is can be so annoying most of the time! You judge all the time! Have you watched 'Sound Of Music?'" he asked.

"Ah...ne..." one of the gossipmongers replied.

"If so, do you know what Friedrich said to Louisa when she asked about Baroness Schraeder?" he asked again.

"Uhm... 'Mind your own business?'" the woman replied.

"Then take your own advice and mind your own business!" Min Hyuk said angrily. "So what if Jung-jangnim and Shin Hye are lovers? Do they not have any right to love each other?"

"Also, Jung-jangnim sure knows the company policies about giving punishment," Woori finally stepped up to her friends. "I am sure he will not let Shin Hye get away should she commit something grave."

Someone clapped his hands, and when they turned around, it was the doctor, Park-seonsaengnim (Park Jin Young). 

"Do you think it is right to gather and gossip about the private matters of other people?" he asked them, including Min Hyuk and Woori.

"Animnida," they replied.

"And when you checked your salary, did it increase every time you gossip about other people?" he asked.

The gossipmongers were ashamed, much to the amusement of the doctor. 

"See? If it does not concern you, why bother? It does not make you rich," the doctor said before going back to the clinic.

The gossipmongers cringe, and the leader of them all glared at Woori and Min Hyuk. The lovers just rolled their eyeballs and went back to their cubicles.

****

Yong Hwa and Shin Hye were strolling again in a mall when they saw a tarp stating that Eric Lai will be having a book signing on Friday at 1 PM.

"Wow, I wanna see him!" Shin Hye gaped. "Can I buy another of his book so I can ask for his autograph?"

Yong Hwa smiled and went with her to the book store. By now, there were already some fan girls who were also buying some of the books. Most of Eric Lai's books are cyber thrillers, but there were three that were romance books. Shin Hye picked one cyberthriller and paid to the cashier.

"Let me guess, you will stay up the whole night to read that," Yong Hwa said.

"Wae? Are you disappointed?" she asked him in a teasing manner.

Yong Hwa smiled his toothy grin. After what had happened for two days, he had no reason to be greedy of her time.

"Ani," he replied.

They strolled here and there, eating food which they had not tasted before, and going to other tourist spots that tourists should check out in Singapore.

****

Meanwhile, in Seoul...

It was lunch time. The women who were gossiping about Yong Hwa and Shin Hye were walking back to the office when they continued gossiping about the two.

"Jeogiyo," a person called them out.

When they turned around, they saw a really tall and dashing man with tantalizing eyes. They immediately fell for him that they forgot to speak.

"If it is all right to ask, the agasshis were talking about Park Shin Hye-ssi," the person said. "Who is she with?"

"Ah... Jung-jangnim..." the first said before her friend elbowed her.

"Shin Hye-ssi eodiyeyo?" he politely asked.

"Shin Hye-ssi is in Singapore," the second said.

"M...mworaguyo?" the guy asked. 

The third respectfully bowed to him and pulled her girl friends away. They did not know that the guy was Shin Hye's ex-boyfriend Lee Min Ho.

"Jamshimanyo!" he called them out again. "Where in Singapore?"

"Mianhande, jeongmal moreugesseumnida," the third said in apology, for they really did know where Shin Hye is in Singapore.

"Ah... geuraeyo? Gomapseumnida..." Min Ho said.

The other two gushed at his handsomeness, but the third pulled them away. As they were out of his sight, Min Ho fisted his fists. He did not know Shin Hye should block him, and he did not know why people had to lie that she's in Busan.

"I have to go and talk with her!" he thought. "But where can I find her in Singapore?"

****

Finally, the day came for the book signing. Shin Hye patiently waited in line as many other fans lined to have their books signed by Eric Lai. Finally, when her turn came, Eric smiled and signed her book.

"I am a fan from South Korea," she said.

"Oh! I want to go to Korea," he told her as he signed her book. "I don't think my book is in Korea yet."

"Ah... not yet..." Shin Hye replied. "But I really want to write like you, Sir Eric."

Eric laughed. 

"Why! You can do that too! I am planning to go digital this year, and I am sure there are fans who will purchase e-books, right?" he told her. "Should you need to give me a shoutout on the fine things of my book, or if you want me to go to Korea, just send me a tweet."

"Ah... ne..." Shin Hye said.

But Shin Hye had no idea what Eric Lai's Twitter account was. 

"You can just search for my name, and, after all, it's verified," Eric said with a wink.

Shin Hye bowed to him to let the other fans have their time with Eric. Shin Hye smiled like an idiot as she walked back to Yong Hwa.

"So, how did it go?" he asked her.

Shin Hye told him, "Do you remember how I used to review books in my blog but I had to stop because I was feeling inefficient? When all I saw was my friends being successful while I am being stagnant?"

"Okay? So you want to get back to it?" he asked.

"Ne," she told him. "I will make a book review of it and send him a tweet of my review. Maybe, just maybe, he will expand to Korea."

Yong Hwa hugged her and told her to do what she wants, and he will support her. 

"And continue writing a book, just as you want," he assured her. "Do not compare yourself with Woori. She's successful on her own, and I am sure, you too will be."

Shin Hye smiled and pushed him so she could see his face.

"Gomawo," she whispered.

Yong Hwa leaned forward to give her a kiss, and Shin Hye kissed him back.

 

~~~~

Yeoreobun, annyeonghaseyo?

I would like to apologize for updating so late lately and for the past months, and here's why.

You see, my friend and I were (and are) helping our author friend with her book, which she posted in Wattpad. I was ghostwriting for her last year, and I also helped her edit her work. My other friend also helped with editing and "marketing" and making the FB page.

Please take time to read my friend's work over Wattpad.

She's Ryanne Salve, and her work's "She's Older Than Me." This is a coming-of-age teenage story with some twists (not the usual good-girl-meets-badass-boy type of story). I am sure you'll enjoy this. (Btw, this isn't a YongShin fanfic but an original story.)

I am currently stationed in Manila, so I had no idea that she had self-published this as an e-book over Buqo. She just told me recently. So, here I am, helping her (and our other friend) in "marketing." Please support her and like her page on Facebook.

Daedanhi gamsahamnida!