#5 Passions Ignited

Love at Victoria Falls

The tour had lasted for four more days and during that time, both girls had become so comfortable with each other that they looked almost like a couple on their honeymoon trip to others.

Tiffany’s personality was still as abrasive as before but Taeyeon was beginning to see the raw affections Tiffany had for others. Even though Tiffany often sounded crude on the surface, she is actually deeply concerned for those who matter to her. The way Tiffany talked about her family members and what little friends she had were evidence of that. Sometimes Taeyeon wondered why Tiffany did not want to let her true emotions show easily before others but decided to stall these questions for later when they became closer.

Asides from sightseeing, Taeyeon would sometimes find Tiffany cooped up in her hotel room, apparently furiously working on some assignments which Tiffany would always be secretive about. Once Taeyeon had even goaded Tiffany into revealing her job and her work assignment with the help of a little bit of alcohol but it proved ineffective. Tiffany was either a damn good drinker a very tight-lipped person about her personal life and that made Taeyeon all the more curious.

Tiffany, on the other hand, rather enjoyed Taeyeon probing about her life. There was rarely people who bothered to go to such lengths as Taeyeon did into finding out more about her. In fact, this was a classic example of stringing oneself up. After the numerous attempts made by Taeyeon, Tiffany promised that she would one day, talk to the girl more about herself and in return, find out more about Taeyeon as well. For now however, she preferred to maintain her status as the strung-up fellow traveller. Besides, Tiffany was afraid that she would fail to become responsible towards Taeyeon, especially since she was such a nice girl. Tiffany would sometimes wonder how much further the two of them could progress if they let their relationship blossom. That brought an involuntary smile to Tiffany’s face until she remembered of her more important commitments and shook off those thoughts. Now is not the time for romantic relationships, Tiffany Hwang. She scolded herself.   

**

On the last night of the tour, the tourists were all treated to traditional African dance performances. The show was first heated up by a group of nearly twenty African male dancers, dressed in Earth colours, encircling a bonfire, dancing to and clapping to a traditional beat. Tiffany and Taeyeon were amongst the guests who were eagerly awaiting their dinner for the day. The performance grew heartier when the performers interacted with their waiting dinner guests and even Tiffany could not help but chuckle when one of the dancers presented her with a wreath weaved with dried straws.  

The atmosphere was further inflamed by the dishes that were being served without stopping. Guests, which had included Tiffany and Taeyeon scooped copious amount of food and gorged themselves on them as they enjoyed the performances. Sharing food and feeding each other was no longer an alien thing to the both of them. From that, they learnt about each other’s food preferences and eating habits. No matter how many times Taeyeon have seen Tiffany’s pinkies stick out when she held her food, it still irked her. Taeyeon would always push Tiffany’s pinkies close and would earned grudging glares from the other girl as she did so.

Tiffany too, realised that Taeyeon would sometimes sit with her legs open so wide and that piqued her. The girl would then clamp both Taeyeon's legs shut whenever they were too unglamourously wide, earning defiant stares from Taeyeon which soon dissolved into a harmless quibbles. Those harmless quarrels they had with one another would soon morph into hysterical laughter. They had become so used to getting into small arguments with each other, giving each other allowance when required and humouring themselves.

That night, Tiffany and Taeyeon had both tasted African brew for the first time. It was strong stuff and although it had tasted foreign to them initially, they were soon drinking heartily. Alcohol began to first take effect on Taeyeon. The shorter girl began clapping and cheering loudly as the performance went on. Instead of feeling embarrassed, Tiffany found herself smiling at the shorty’s actions and joined her shortly after.

When asked for volunteers, Taeyeon had taken the lead and sabotaged her travel companion to join her. Though the usually haughty Tiffany appeared reluctant and required Taeyeon to half drag her out onto the dance floor, she was soon immersed in the dances by the enthusiasm of Taeyeon and also the other dancers. Tiffany had never enjoyed herself so much before and soon felt adrenaline coursing through her body like never before. It did not matter how many times Taeyeon had spun her around, it did not matter how Taeyeon had made her laughed unglamorously because she was finally letting go of her herself. Revealing her inner-self to fellow tourists, and especially Taeyeon, was not easy but she still did anyway.

The dance went on and on, Tiffany and Taeyeon had lost count how many times their bodies had made contact with one another. They soon seemed to have become addicted to each other’s touches and began to make bolder dance moves using each other which drew hoots and whistles from their audience. Cheering amongst them most enthusiastically were the athletic couple, Sunny and Hyomin whose faces also seemed to blush from the effects of the strong African brew.

Tiffany and Taeyeon’s bodies soon had the faint scent of sweat yet their enthusiasm smelt more pleasant than any roast that was served that day. Their plastered-together bodies were drunken and tired yet their minds were clear and rejuvenated. Tiffany had never found herself to be a good dancer, but she felt so right beside Taeyeon. The two were so synchronised, even at making mistakes. It finally occurred to them that they were falling, undeniably falling into the embrace of their environment, of Victoria Falls and in love with each other.

When the drum beat came to a halt, the dancers and the volunteers froze in their finishing move and were warmly lauded by the audience. The two girls collapsed immediately on the spot, panting and laughing heartily, not caring where they were, only caring who they were with.

Taeyeon, you can be quite fun to be with.

You brightened up my life too, Tiffany.   

**

That night the two girls had no idea how they ended up in the same room, all they remembered was a lot of stumbling down the corridors and more touching along the way. Once in the room, they shared a kiss with each other ferociously, an attempt to devour what little innocence the other party had. Tiffany, the more experienced kisser had dominated but was occasionally overpowered by Taeyeon’s guiltless enthusiasm.

Things were beginning to heat up but amidst their kissing, the door-bell rang abruptly and Tiffany groaned in obvious annoyance at that brief interruption. The girl was greeted by a bellboy who had meekly handed her the tray of foodstuffs she had requested along with a bottle of “special request”. Tiffany smiled despite not having done this before. It's just like in those movies where strangers had rapidly grown feelings for one another and had decided to give each other for just one night. Would it be just one night though, Tiffany thought uneasily about it and decided to push back that thought to the back of her mind and just live in the moment.

Tiffany returned to the other girl, swirling the precious bottle of vintage wine as she looked lustily at Taeyeon. More alcohol for the night. The sweet smell of the wine permeated across the room as the cork popped free from the bottle. Taeyeon poured a glass for Taeyeon expertly, then poured another for herself. Tiffany proved her seasoned experience with wine as she downed the glass smoothly and then savoured another glass sip by sip this time round, a smile played over her lips as she urged the other girl to do the same. Taeyeon followed obediently, slightly worried but excited about where all these would lead too. That glass of wine warmed her cheeks in an instant. It felt so good that Taeyeon had put her worries to the back of her mind.

In their nearly-drunken state, the two began to talk about everything and anything they had in mind as if they had known each other for years. They first openly shared about their hobbies, their secret desires and it soon further escalated to talks about more intimate topics. Most of the information they knew would have been forgotten by the next morning.

The excessive amount of lights in the room soon became a hindrance to the two. Tiffany smiled sinisterly at Taeyeon as she moved away from her. Tracing a finger slyly across the wall to where the light dimmer switch was. 

Even though she was drunk, Taeyeon bit her lips shyly and in arousal as she watched on. The hostile stranger whom she knew just days before had unexpectedly transformed into the most desirable being right at that moment. She yielded, letting out a frustrated groan as she went up to where Tiffany was and pinned her against the wall. 

"You're lonely aren't you?" Taeyeon growled in an animalistic way, the girl had not even know that she was capable of such things.

"Not anymore..." Tiffany cupped Taeyeon’s face as she spoke, her voice was slurred from the alcohol.

Tiffany released a high-pitched laughter before crashing her lips onto Taeyeon’s soft, full ones. Tiffany’s fingers fumbled to get control of the switch amidst their hasty kiss. Finally, darkness descended as their kiss deepened and their breaths quickened. 

**

Sunlight filtered through the drawn curtains the next morning and Taeyeon woke up to aches she has never experienced before. It did not help that her head still felt heavy from all the drinking from the previous night.

The girl woke up groggily to an empty bed as bits and pieces of memories came flurrying back to her. That caused another wave of pain in her head and she doubled over, feeling the urge to puke. Then the sudden realisation that she was alone snapped her mind to attention. Where is Tiffany?! Her mind screamed.

The girl sat upright immediately as she swivelled her head, looking in all directions for signs of the girl. Taeyeon was very aware that she was still beneath the sheets and that what she had done the night was something she had never done before. Panic arose within her. Yet, as if it were a scene in the movies, she found a bedside note. Gasping and then letting out a sigh, the lone girl took it. She knows fully well what will follow and even though she dreaded it, she still read on.

I know it is cliché to apologise but I will still do it. Sorry Taeyeon, you are a really nice girl and I have enjoyed my time with you these past few days but I don’t think I’m ready to accept this. I’ve never in my life thought that I would have fallen in love, especially not with another girl. Yet, you made me fall. I thank you for letting me experience the best few days of my life but I need some time to clear my thoughts and think through this. I’m so sorry for my cowardice but I promise I will contact you again when I’ve straightened out my thoughts.

P/S I’m taking a flight back to Seoul this morning for an urgent meeting. Enjoy your breakfast and remaining time in Zimbabwe.

Tiffany, signing off.

**

A/N:

orz. probably a bad idea to remind you guys about the indignities that Tiffany is going through now but I just hope that even though we cannot do much except to support her mentally through this period of time. Stephanie Hwang is awesome! :D

Hopefully this read will also lift your spirits up even a little...

Okay so to the story... XD TaeNy was getting so so so damn close and then Tiffany decides to flee like a jerk xD

keehee... well... throughout this entire fic, i was hoping to show that tiffany actually is a pretty uncertain girl despite her tough front meanwhile Taeyeon though seemingly more careless, is actually a girl with somewhat a stronger passion for things especially in a relationship as such xD

Fret not... love will find its way xD if the girls will it to... :D but definitely not in zimbabwe since they have got commitments at home. hinthint. 

And also did I saw sunbyung had their last appearance in the previous chapter? right right... i just mentioned them here in one sentence, during the final edit. this will definitely be their last appearance in this fic though xD 

Now the usual, thank you for all the subs, comments and upvotes. They are all really precious to me and I hope you guys have enjoyed reading this fic thus far :)

Seeya!

 P/S This is not very relevant to this fic except for the use of Taeny. xD i have actually written and is almost completing a TaeNy x pokemon fic xD orz i am such a kid i know xD hahaha i haven't posted it up. not sure whether i will or not but if i do... then i look forward you to guys' support :) keehee