#10 You and Me

Love at Victoria Falls

During the next filming session, which was two days later, the filming crew, as well as Amoeba’s team were both surprised to find the two Directors to be so much in tandem with each other. The intimacy shared by those two made it apparent that there was something between them. Not only were had they been working in harmony for the past several hours, the respective directors had also treated their staffs kinder than they ought to be. Since that was the case, the staffs from Amoeba and the filming crew thought that there could be no better match than this.

Taeyeon has finally discovered what the missing element during their previous filming session was. It was the element of thrill and feel. Yet, the Film Director was still uncertain about her judgement and consulted the Creative Director. “Tiffany, is it really necessary to film such dangerous scenes? We could use graphic effects, you know? These computer generated images are really very good nowadays.”

Tiffany then tilted her head and made a scowl. “It wouldn’t feel the same. As you’ve pointed out earlier, these advertisement would be better with the element of thrill in it. Otherwise, the feels aren’t there.”

“But…” Taeyeon wanted to argue but she could not come up with any good points. After all, she was the one who had brought up the flaws in their concepts and shots.

“Is there a problem?” Tiffany inquired suspiciously and when she saw Taeyeon gnawing on her bottom lip, the Creative Director knew the girl was hiding something from her.

Taeyeon immediately stopped chewing on her lips when she caught that intense stare from Tiffany and recovered her poise, “very well then, we will proceed with these shots.”

Tiffany found it odd that the Film Director seemed reluctant to film shots which involved the use of stunts, and by stunts, Tiffany meant those which requires their artistes to be flipping in the air. The Creative Director had thought it was every Film Director’s dream to be able to experiment with these hard-to-do shots, especially since Taeyeon had an exceptional amount of talent in filming and breathing life into her scenes.

The Creative Director also realised that the Film Director was becoming more jittery and had been checking and rechecking the safety equipment for the past hour. Her nervousness soon became obvious to all the staffs instead of only Tiffany and whispers began to break out amongst them.

The Creative Director was never one to eavesdrop, yet, she did so. Her curiosity was invoked because it involved Taeyeon and she genuinely cared about her. She scuttled close to a pair of gossipers who was amongst Taeyeon’s filming crew and listened. Between their exchange, Tiffany could distinctly make out two phrases. One of which was “her phobia was acting up” and the other “took a leave from filming”. That left the Creative Director more puzzled than ever. She could no longer reign in her curiosity and decided to interrupt the pair’s conversation.

“What and whose phobia are you two talking about?” Tiffany asked as naturally as possible and saw the startled expressions on the duo’s face. Judging their expressions, the Creative Director wondered if she should have used her authority but decided not to for she knew that might result in incomplete honesty from these two. This is especially so since all those who were involved in filming seemed to have gotten a hint that the two Directors shared an intimate relationship, or should have guessed so.

As expected, the duo kept mum, and was surprised that the Creative Director was so near them during their conversation.

“Go on, tell me, I promise your Director would not know of these, I already know you two are talking about her anyway. I would definitely not tell her who betrayed information to me even if she did know.” Tiffany had decided to be as direct as possible. “I don’t even know the two of you anyway, so please just tell me.”

The taller of the duo casted furtive glances all around her before speaking in a hushed tone. “Director Kim has traumatophobia and it is a well-known fact in the company.”

Tiffany’s brows knitted together the instant she heard the unfamiliar vocabulary. “Could you be kind enough to enlighten me what that actually means?”

The staff sighed as she explained. “It actually means injury phobia. The fear of causing injury to oneself or to others.”

That revelation caused Tiffany’s eyebrows to shoot up this time. Well then… I do not see her exhibit any fear when I got injured for her…

“Director Kim has a big fear of injuries pertaining to the use of cables,” the staff hastily added upon noticing the incredulous look on the Creative Director’s face.

Makes much more sense now. Cables? Something nasty must have happened when she used those cables then. Tiffany was beginning to piece the newly-attained information together by herself but decided to ask anyway.

“What trouble did she get into when she used those cables?” Tiffany pressed on, determinedly.

Both the staffs were awe-stricken by the Creative Director’s quick-thinking as well as straightforwardness. They decided that there was no point in hiding anything from her and that was how Tiffany got nearly all the information she wanted in no time.

The two girls had revealed that Taeyeon’s gifts for filming had actually been long recognised and was given a chance to be part of an important project of the company. She was an apprentice director for an action film, a sequel to a highest-grossing film and was performing up to expectations from both herself and others until a misfortunate incident happened. A stuntman who was to perform multiple dangerous scenes while on a safety cable had actually fallen from great heights when the safety cables that held him snapped suddenly. It happened on the first day Taeyeon became the supervising director for an action scene. Despite having rushed the stuntman to the hospital, the doctor concluded that he had lost the use of both his legs due to a fractured spine and can never fully recover. After several investigations and questionings had been conducted, the investigators ruled this as an unfortunate mishap. There had been no foul-play on set and everyone, which obviously included Taeyeon, had adhered to all safety regulations. Taeyeon however, had blamed herself and attempted to resign from her post but was denied such an option. Frustrated, the Film Director requested for a break instead and the company approved of her request conditionally.

By the end of it, Tiffany was slightly dismayed that Taeyeon had not confided in her about this problem of hers during their nights together. Tiffany pursed her lips as she concentrated on the paranoid director who was now giving instructions. Taeyeon was panicking over every single slip-up and apparent slack attitude.

The situation finally reached a boiling point for the Film Director when the stuntman had disobeyed her instructions and almost slipped off a beam.

Tiffany saw the Film Director’s face ashen quickly and thought the girl might just collapse right there and then. The Creative Director edged her way through the crew and staff members and hurriedly made her way towards Taeyeon. She had just managed to wrap an arm around Taeyeon’s waist when the girl faltered in her steps.

“You okay?” Tiffany asked, her voice and expression full of concern.

The Film Director had her eyes shut tightly and was leaning heavily in Tiffany’s embrace as she nodded. The colour had not returned to Taeyeon’s face and she was becoming paler by the second.  

“Let’s take a break from here,” Tiffany called out to the rest in the Film Director’s stead.

Taeyeon muttered a weak ‘thank you’ to Tiffany before going limp in her arms shortly after.

**

 “Cut!” The girl shouted in her dream before she woke up with a start, her body drenched with cold sweat.

She saw Yoona dabbing a wet towel carelessly against her forehead and was slightly disappointed that it had not been Tiffany instead.

“Hey, I thought I could finally have the house to myself,” the familiar voice exclaimed.

Taeyeon let out a sigh but wore a smile shortly afterwards. “Yea, you’d wish I was dead then you would have to pay the full rent by yourself.”

Her housemate pouted defiantly in response.

Taeyeon’s brought up a hand to her throbbing head as she attempted to get into her sitting position.

“Hey, easy… You just fainted during work,” Yoona explained.

“How did I get home so quickly?” The girl asked, she could only remember as far back to collapsing into the Creative Director’s arms. Shouts for her name coming from the Creative Director was the last thing she heard.

“Well… she sent you home?” Yoona replied, her eyes darting about slightly sheepishly.

“Who is she?” Taeyeon had a pretty good idea who she was but thought she should confirm her deductions.

“Well… you can go outside to have a look, if you desperately wish to know.” Her housemate jerked a thumb at the door.

The short girl got up with the help of her friend. A smile was plastered on her face once she witnessed the scene outside. The mighty Creative Director of Amoeba had fallen asleep in the most ungraceful sleeping position.

Yoona rolled her eyes upon seeing the silly grin on her friend but was fortunate enough to hide it before her housemate could see.

“Why is she sleeping on our sofa?” Taeyeon asked.

Yoona shrugged. “She insisted on staying till you wake. In fact, I just took over her duty of caring for you.”

Yoona later shuddered at the sight of her friend’s cheeks growing redder and chewing her lips with all shyness. She was however, secretly glad that her friend, Taeyeon, had found someone. Also, Yoona judged Tiffany to be of good character and thought that they might make a pretty good pair.

“Or would you rather she be resting in your bed?” Yoona suggested testily afterwards when Taeyeon still had not responded. The blush on Taeyeon became more obvious by the second and the girl was even twiddling her own fingers. Her housemate could no longer conceal her disgust at her friend’s display of shyness and did a grimace.

“What?!” Taeyeon asked, sounding offended.

“Ask yourself.” Her housemate began imitating her earlier actions and that caused Taeyeon’s face to flush red a third time from embarrassment. The girl then began assaulting her friend in every way she could think of and Yoona retaliated not realising that they were causing a din. Their fight was soon interrupted when their sleeping guest awoke with a huge yawn.

“Eh…? You’re awake already?” Tiffany mumbled as she rubbed the sleep from her eyes, not noticing that a fight was taking place.

The fight between the housemates was paused momentarily as the flustered Taeyeon attempted to make herself look right before their house guest and that left Yoona to giggle to herself.

“U-Uh yea… I am fine already,” Taeyeon replied, throwing warning glances to her housemate.

“Yeap, she is fine enough to fight me after I exposed of the relationship between the two-” Yoona’s sentence was cut short when Taeyeon slapped a hand over , refusing to let her elaborate. Yoona tried to wriggle out of the short girl’s grasp causing odd noises to be emitted from her covered mouth.

Tiffany squinted her eyes at the bizarre action from the two. “Okay, well then. I should be leaving now since you’ve woken,” the girl spoke while stretching.

“So soon?! I-I mean…” Taeyeon’s eyes fell to the ground as she searched for words.

“She means that she wants you to stay,” Yoona explained helpfully.

Both Taeyeon and Tiffany’s eyes bulged in synchronisation at Yoona’s words. Yoona grinned to herself at the couple’s awkwardness in that situation.

“Tiffany, on behalf of Taeyeon, I invite you to stay for the night. Would you be agreeable to it?” Yoona asked their guest playfully.

“Y-Yea… I guess I am good with staying,” the guest replied, her eyes looking everywhere else except her two hosts.

**

It was truly a miracle how the two could always end up staying with each other for the night. That was not to say that it was a bad thing for either of them, in fact, they were quietly glad about it. Tiffany however, was the gladder of the two that night. The Creative Director had some questions of her own that required answering from the other director. As they lay in bed, Tiffany thought of the most appropriate way to start the conversation.  

“Kim Taeyeon, is there something you want to tell me?” Tiffany began, her voice was gentle and understanding.

Taeyeon bit on her bottom lips as she contemplated.

Tiffany found her action adorable but that would not make her give in in her search of answers.

“Well? Is there something a Creative Director should know of her work partner?” Tiffany pressed on, her voice slightly firmer this time round.

Taeyeon stammered and paused a few times before she took a deep breath and confessed. “I don’t think I can do those scenes for you Director Hwang. I am so sorry but I guess you’ve got to find another more competent director.” Her voice sounded strained as she tried to hold back those defiant tears.

The Creative Director had been listening patiently to the girl the entire time. For someone who was not known for her consideration, Tiffany had changed a lot in a short span and she knew it was because of Taeyeon. Her face remained stoic even when the Film Director had revealed her inability to complete the advertisement for her. Finally, Tiffany pulled the girl towards her into a hug and her shoulders lightly.

“It will be okay, really. I’ve learnt about your incident. I am not going to say worlds of consolation that others have already said to you but instead, I will be here for you and help you get over it,” Tiffany cooed and felt Taeyeon pressing herself against her own body more closely. A warm, wet patch then began spreading over her chest area. The Film Director was crying again and Tiffany smiled at the thought of having to brave through everything that will come their way with this crybaby in her arms.

“Well, since now that I know about your insecurities, it is only fair that I told you mine too. The reason why I left you was because I was afraid of beginning a relationship with you. I was beginning to like you a lot and I knew we could have become something more if I had not fled.” Tiffany confessed.

Taeyeon’s attention was now all riveted on Tiffany, biding her to continue.

Tiffany in a deep breath before continuing, “What I want to tell you is that we can be cowards but I wish we could find courage in one another. Just like at the Victoria Falls where we had braved through so many ordeals with each other.”

Those words and thoughts elicited chuckles from Taeyeon and she nodded in agreement.

“You’ve changed you know? From the first time I met you. You were so hostile back then... but now, now you are so gentle and loving,” Taeyeon spoke, her tears were drying.

Tiffany smiled reminiscently, it was true and she knew it herself. “Well… your image to me is still the same. Clumsy but cute. A minor correction there in your observation, I am only gentle and loving to a certain someone. A certain someone who has been crying in my arms.”

Tiffany pulled back and offered her a smile. She deftly wiped off any remaining tears in the girl’s eyes. “But I will continue to be gentle and loving to this person for fear of seeing her tears once again.”

Taeyeon’s face reddened immediately then pulled the gentle and loving Tiffany into a bone-crushing hug. “You’re such a loving jerk.” Tiffany chuckled reply and said nothing more, nuzzling her head into the crook of the girl’s neck.

“Promise me we will visit Victoria Falls again?” Taeyeon said, sleepiness was evident in her voice.

“I promise but can we not visit the lion cubs so often the next time we do?” Tiffany japed.

Taeyeon laughed again. The two remained in that position for a good hour before they fell asleep but they were still hugging even when they’re sleeping.

Thank you Tiffany, thank you for being so gentle and loving to me.

Thank you Taeyeon, for letting me have the chance to be gentle and loving to you. 

**

The two Directors had gotten another Film Assistant to supervised scenes that required stuntmen and so the advertisement finally turned out to have be satisfactory to both the demanding Directors.

That very evening when the filming of the advertisement had finally concluded, Tiffany had not only presented the Film Director with a kiss, since pretty much every one on set knew about their relationship, but also a pair of plane tickets that will take them back to Zimbabwe.

“Zimbabwe?! Really? Are you going to abandon me there again?” Taeyeon teased.

“Of course not, you silly girl. How can I do that when you love me so much.” Tiffany responded.

“No, you arrogant woman. You love me more,” Taeyeon retaliated with a pout and Tiffany had no choice but to relent.

“Maybe, I do. Taeyeon, will you be willing to travel to places with me? Not only Zimbabwe, we will go to many other places together.” Tiffany asked boldly and heard many whistles and hoots in the background. Her heart pounded in her chest as she waited for an answer.

“Yes, I will. I love you.” Taeyeon replied earnestly and honestly.

At that moment, the two shared another tight embrace and beamed at each other with so much joy that those who were watching were almost envious.

Let’s start off with Zimbabwe but it will not end there.

My love for you will never end.

As do mine.

**

A/N:

WOOHOOO finally. this is the last chapter of the story! All there is left is the epilogue and it is officially completed! Actually I can already put a completed tag to this story :D

Well... this story finally speaks of Taeyeon's insecurities and Tiffany's discovery about it. Just like Tiffany, both girls had been reluctant to confide in each other about their uncertainties and fears but they finally did so because they found courage in one another. What was more was that they will brave through them all together. :D Even though this story did not exactly narrate how they overcome their fears, it still gives us a hint on how the two of them are invincible when they are with each other. 

Besides finding courage in each other, they also find other qualities to themselves, espcially Tiffany. From the hostile stranger in the first chapter to the considerate girlfriend of Taeyeon in the final chapter, Tiffany has learnt more about herself and is making changes to her personality, of course it is because she wants to be a better person (for Taeyeon). 

This story is a pretty short one (even after revisions have been made) but I hope you guys had enjoyed this ride with me :)

I will post the epilogue some time next week :). Reading the epilogue is optional. It will be a scene about them returning to Zimbabwe. Hope this helps you to decide if you guys want to read it or not. 

With this, I conclude my story. 

Thank thank thank you so much for following this story. To the old readers, I hope this rewritten story was worth reading and to the new, I hope you all had fun reading it :D

Once again, thank you for the subscribes, comments and upvotes. See you guys!