Flashbacks

Your happiness or his

A/N: Warning everyone that this chapter would have the use harsh language. Things are getting a little steamy between Yoochun and Ah Jung.  

 

Ah Jung couldn't believe what she was hearing, she was just asking why he was asking about the Oppa thing and now he's telling her she's not a normal Korean girl? What the is his problem. She huff, rolled her eyes and looked at him with you-tick-my-sensitivity-sensor look and stood up "Jung-ah, Mian.. I don't.." Yoochun was cut off by an angry but in calm voice of Ah Jung "I don't know what kind of mood you have right now but you have to keep that mood in check and you think I'm not normal? and you think those intense cheering and aegyo and squealing is normal? Then I don't give a , Yoochun. Go find "normal" girls to hang out with, I'm going home" she said and stormed off. 

She was hurt, Yoochun was always happy and not judgemental. But what is this she's hearing now? She's a girl too, she was feelings and she's overly sensitive like any girl would be. He wa being an today and she could not put up with insensitive people. She ruffled her hair and stomped her feet, hoping the hurt would fade away. 

Yoochun slapped himself and stood up. "I shouldn't have said that, I knew she would blow up. You messed up big time Park Yoochun" he thought out loud to himself. He kicked the pole that held the swing and wanted to go after her but he didn't know what he would say. It is truth and he admits it that he was in an awful mood today, and it's because of him leaving her last night which caused Ah Jung and Jaejoong to meet. Because of his immature behaviour he gave Jaejoong a head start while he was still in the starting line, not moving.

He was still standing in the same spot where he stood up and he walked to the swing where Ah Jung was happily sitting before she got mad courtesy of her mood shaken bestfriend. Yoochun ran his hands up and down the metal chain that held up the main swing. Remembering the promise made in this very area.

"Chunnie-ah! From now on, let's be bestfriends. I promise to make you smile whenever you're in a badmood, sad and lonely. And to be by your side whenever you need me" Ah Jung held out her pinky to a handsome cheerful guy to cling it to hers "What did you call me?" he said smiling "Chunnie, isn't that you nickname? Well, I figured they call you that since it's close to your name" she explained. "Aniyo, No one on earth have called me "Chunnie" before" he said and made a face. Ah Jung still waiting for Yoochun to bind the promise of clinging his pinky finger to hers was impatient "Arasseo! If you don't want it I won't call you Chunnie. Yoochun! Promise?" she said waving her pinky in front of his face. "Yah! Don't stop calling me Chunnie, I like it. It's kind of embarrasing but I'll let it slide. You're the only person who can call me that, Arasseo?" he said firmly. She nodded and smiled "Promise" he said and clinged his pinky finger to hers and smiled. 

From that moment on, Yoochun knew he was falling for Ah Jung. He just didn't want to admit it, it was when they were on their first day of being 4th year students he admitted to himself that he didn't want anyone else but Ah Jung. Of course he couldn't stop guys from liking Ah Jung, every year, no every day she was getting more beautiful, mature and strong. He couldn't bear to see Ah Jung love any other guy but he couldn't do anything because he was just a friend. And that . Bigtime. 

He had witnessed Ah Jung's first confession and it stuck his heart like a huge splinter that can never be removed. It was in their Freshman year when that happened.

Ah Jung and Yoochun was at the locker section of the school to put their stuff away and get other things for their class. Yoochun twisted his lock in the correct code and it opened, placing his things and getting the college algebra, abstract and color book out and placed it in his bag. He looked at Ah Jung seeing if she's ready, he saw her shocked and smiled, he quickly looked where she was staring and he felt his heart sink and his mouth getting dry. 

Inside Ah Jung's locker was a a small box neatly wrapped with wrapping paper that has bunnies and carrots and has a white crisp bow on top, beside the beautifully wrapped gift was a pink envelope that was addressed to Ah Jung. She stared at the thing inside her locker and smiled, she turned to Yoochun who already knew why she was silent for a while and said "Chunnie! DId you put it here?" she asked him. "Aniyo, I didn't." he said well, in the back of his mind he wished he had done that. 

Ah Jung took the gift and letter, closed her locker shut and locked it and dragged Yoochun out of the locker area and into an empty bench in the school's garden, it wasn't really hot so she chose that place and she didn't really have space in her brain to think. She was occupied by the gift she had surprisingly got. They sat down and she spoke first "Chunnie, If you didn't put this.. How could this person get in there? It's just me and you who have copies to the key of my locker." She quizically asked him. "I don't know." he emotioinally said "Open the letter, and let's see who's it from" he said and was a little nervous. 

The flap of the envelope was meticolously opened by Ah Jung, she slide out the letter slowly, she was nervous and scared at the same time, afterall this was her first time to receive anything. She didn't receive anything back then because she acted a little tomboyish and boys didn't apparently liked that so yeah. 

Jung Ah,

The days come by slowly when I don't see you, you are the best part of my day. It's been a long time since I admitted to myself that I like you. I can't stand beside the sidelines and love you from afar when I know I should be standing in the stage with you, loving each other. Somehow, I have developed a sense when you're inside the room. I miss you when I don't see you, I want to make you smile all the time, feed you with the food you love to eat and even drink Soju with you and give you a piggy back to your house. Inside the box you would understand everything.

Im hoping that you would accept this little gesture of mine and also my heart. 

All my love,

Jung Yunho 

Inside the box, laying in a bed full of shredded colored paper was there glistening in the sunlight was a silver necklace and hanging in the middle of it was silver locket. Ah Jung took the necklace out and inspected its beauty, the necklace made her eyes moisten and sparkle. Ah Jung was completely touched by Jung Yunho's gesture. She faced Yoochun and gave him the necklace "Yeppeuji? (It's pretty right?)" she said smiling like a fool. 

Jung Yunho was not bad. He was a varsity player for the Basketball team and also the Team Captain, he was part of the dance crew in school and he sings like an angel in church choir. Appearance wise, Yunho was handsome, has a small face, has full pink lips and a body that could prove he was a varsity player because of his defined muscles. On other hand, the more important thing Jung Yunho was a gentleman, polite and impossibly charming. He could sweep anyone off her feet with his charm. 

"Chunnie, put it on me" she said excitedly. "Waeyo?(Why?)" he asked curiously. "Just put it on!: she ordered. After he clipped the fasten on the necklace "There, all done." expressionless looking at the thing that dangled around her neck, he detested it. Ah Jung fished her compact powder in her bag and inspected the beautiful silver locket that was in her neck. "Chunnie, Don't wait up for me today. I'll go home alone today, I'll see you tommorow?" She said while getting up from her seat before she could go Yoochun spoke "Yah! Eodiya?(Where are you going?)" she gave him a soft smile and hug "I'm going to find Yunho, Looks like I'm not going to be single any minute Chunnie. Bye! I'll text you!!" with that she left. 

Park Yoochun's heart felt like it was ripped from his chest, soaked his heart in vinegar and rolled in salt then hooked in a fishing rod and casted out in the sea for the Piranhas to feast on. He felt his cheek was damp, "Stupid, Yunho" he thought out loud. He didn't really felt like going home and he didn't want to wander in school because he might see the new couple prancing around in school. He was there until the sun left the sky, so he decided to leave and go home. 

He was lying on his bed eyes closed when he felt the bed vibrate, he grabbed his phone and read the message, it was from Ah Jung. He knew already what the message would say, he knew it would hurt but he read it anyway, he was hurt already how bad would it hurt more? "Chunnie, Yunho took me home today. I am now a girlfriend! Who would have thought he liked me?"- Jungie  Another wave of pain punched him square in the face, I guess it would hurt more after all. 

Yunho and Ah Jung only lasted for a year. And it was the most painful years that Yoochun had endured in his entire life. Turns out Yunho had to leave Korea because he was offered a scholarship in Spain for Basketball. He clearly chose his future before Ah Jung, but their relationship ended on a happy note. They were both understanding of each other's situation. Of course they were both sad about the sudden end of a wonderful and nearly perfect relationship but an opportunity was an opportunity and she didn't want to be the reason for Yunho's success. Although someone was clearly happy though, Yoochun smiled like an idiot when Ah Jung told her the news. Although he knew Ah Jung would sad, he was there to comfort her and make her move on. 

And Yoochun felt the same in all Ah Jung's admirers, she would receive gifts and letters from guys. Sometimes they would try to give it to Yoochun and tell himi to give it to her. But after Yunho, she didn't ever had any boyfriend after him. 

Yoochun's thoughts were halted when rain started to pour down from the sky. I guess the heaven's is crying along with me. Mianhae, Ah Jung-ah.. I didn't mean to. I'll make it up to you tomorrow. The rain kept on pouring but he stayed in his place, the rain drenched his clothes and body. No one would ever know that Park Yoochun was crying, the heavens is being good to him.