Harsh

The Walls Of The Heart

 

 

 

Taeyeon sat on one of the tables, the pizzeria was now empty. Her shift was over and she was exausted, plus she had to work for 2 extra hours to make up for her being late to work. 
 

-"Here" Sooyoung said as she put a can of Coke in front of the almost sleeping Taeyeon.

-"Thanks" Taeyeon said smilling as kid.

-"Try not to be late again, I know you have other jobs and that you really have it hard kid"

Sooyoung called Taeyeon "kid" but Taeyeon was older than her. They never cared much about it, they were friends since middle school and Sooyoung knew all about the harshness in Taeyeon's life, she really felt sorry for her. That's why when she started the whole pizzeria business she entrusted the delivery job to her best friend. Sooyoung's had this pizzeria for 3 years now and it was a small but rentable business, her employees were also her friends. Taeyeon was Sooyoung's friend and Schoolmate, Yuri was a girl Sooyoung met when she visited Japan and they've been friends since then, Seohyun was Taeyeon's and Tiffany's best friend, Seohyun's mother took care of Tiffany whenever her parents were away either in business or on vacations. Taeyeon always had to work to make up for her expenses since her family didn't have much money. She had worked in a dozen of different jobs doing a hundred different things. She only hoped of the day she wouldn't have to work in her life.

Taeyeon looked at the Coke can and heaved a sigh.

-"I'm sorry Sooyoung" She said as she looked down.

-"No worries kid" Sooyoung said as she smiled.

-"So tell me all about your returned friend Tiffany" Sooyoung said.

-"Ah, that infant..." Taeyeon said as she smiled remembering the way Tiffany behaved.

-"Infant?" Sooyoung asked.

-"Yeah, she behaves much like a child, goes arround does whatever she wants and even pouts like one" Taeyeon said.

-"Hahaha, so now you're a babysitter" Sooyoung said as she laughed.

-"What? Of course not" Taeyeon said.

-"Tiffany Unnie is a child?" Seohyun asked as she also sat on the table next to Sooyoung.

-"Yeah, she's not that different from when we met her all those years ago"

-"Nice, good to see some things and some people don't change" Seohyun said as she smiled.

-"Yeah I guess..." Taeyeon said.

*Perhaps I need some change, change in my life* Taeyeon thought as she rested her chin on her palm.

-"Taengoo" Yuri called waving her hand in front of Taeyeon's face.

-"We kinda lost you there, c'mon let's go home" Yuri said.

-"Ugh? Ah, yes"  Taeyeon said as she got up and followed Yuri.

-"Bye Unnies" Seohyun said as she moped the pizzeria's floor.

-"Bye kid, Bye Kkab" Sooyoung said from behind the register.

Yuri and Taeyeon walked silently to the bus stop they were both exausted so neither could even speak.
Taeyeon started thinking of Tiffany again and how she behaved, the things she did, her face, everything about her was so...beautiful. Yuri shook Taeyeon's body.

-"Wake up, the bus is here" Yuri said as she shook Taeyeon's body.

Taeyeon quickly got up from the bus stop bench and went inside the bus. She sat in the farthest seat in the back, that's where she usually rode, almost no one bothered to seat so far in the back. She pulled out her Ipod that Sooyoung had bought her for christmas. She scrolled through the songs, choose a nice ballad and before she noticed she fell asleep again. Yuri looked at Taeyeon and smiled, thinking of how she could be such a kid sometimes. 

-"Taengoo, Taengoo" Yuri called her waking her up.

-"It's your stop" Yuri said smiling.

-"Ah thanks" Taeyeon said as she got up from her seat.

-"See you tomorrow" Yuri said.

-"See ya" Taeyeon said.

-"Taengoo"

-"Huh?"

-"Fighting" Yuri said lifting up her hand.

-"Fighting" Taeyeon answered as she got out of the bus.

It was a short walk from the bus stop to the mansion's grounds. The night was cold, and it looked like it would start to drizzle any minute soon. Taeyeon hurried to her house. As she got near the main gates she saw someone running from some security inside the mansion grounds, she narrowed her eyes and realized it was Tiffany. Tiffany? Running? From security? Why?
Taeyeon, rushed after Tiffany, but the latter hid herself in the middle of some trees. Taeyeon went and looked for Tiffany.

-"Fany, Fany, it's me" Taeyeon said.

-"It's okay now" She said in a soothing tone.

Suddenly someone clinged to her shirt. 

-"TaeTae" Tiffany said as she tugged Taeyeon's sleeves.

-"What's wrong? Why were you running from the ahjusshis?" Taeyeon asked as she tried to think of all possibilities.

-"I can't tell you..." Tiffany said as she started crying.

-"What? Why?" Taeyeon asked.

-"Just take me home...please" Tiffany said as she made puppy eyes.

-"Okay, okay no need for the puppy eyes" Taeyeon said smilling.

 

-"Yay! Puppy eyes always work on you" Tiffany said smilling.

-"Pfft, really?" Taeyeon said as she chuckled and thought of how Tiffany had these mood swings.

-"Yes, it's failproof" Tiffany said as she grabbed Taeyeon's hand sending mini eletric shocks up her spine.

-"TaeTae? Are you okay? You suddenly turned red..." Tiffany said as she put her hand in Taeyeon's forehead.

-"I'm okay no worries" Taeyeon said as she smiled.

She and Tiffany walked hand in hand back to the mansion where one of the maids came to take Tiffany inside.

 

-"Bye Bye TaeTae, goodnight" Tiffany said as she waved much like a kindergarten kid.

-"Goodnight Tiffany" Taeyeon said with a smile.


They both went back to their worlds, the two different and never touching worlds.
Tiffany was back in her bedroom where from under the bed she pulled a big box from where she took a photo album.
She opened it and it was filled with pictures of her when she was a kid and with a girl beside her...that was Taeyeon.
Taeyeon was back in her room, she opened her nightstand drawer and took out a small pendant with an angel. Tiffany took out the same pendant from one of her desk drawers. They both sat in their beds thinking of each other, it was harsh for one of them, but was it harsh for the other? Did one see the other in the same way? Was Taeyeon's love...equal to what Tiffany felt for her? Tiffany put the pendant back in the drawer and laid down in her bed looking at the ceiling. Taeyeon had now fell asleep with the pendant in her hand.
Tiffany does she have it easy? Or is her life as bad or worse than Taeyeon's?