Chapter nine

Affecting you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day Jongin stayed inside his room all day.

The food on the tray outside his room was untouched. 

Jangmi got worried after the last meal of the day was served, he hadn't eaten anything. She wondered if it was her fault for making him upset yesterday. 

Injung said that he had been like that since the start and that Jangmi shouldn't worry too much.

"Don't worry Jangmi. If you look that troubled you will end up worrying the other kids." She said with a smile. 

During the evening Jangmi was painting with the kids who hadn't yet fallen asleep. 

"Jangmi! Jangmi look at my flower!" Chorom shouted as she pulled on Jangmi's sleeve. 

Jangmi sat next to her on the round table in the playroom. It was Jangmi, Chorom and two other kids who slowly fell asleep and were taken to bed by Injung. 

She turned to Chorom's drawing and after seeing what it was, she smiled. Three flowers in the colors yellow, blue and pink. Very bright colors and they reminded her of the spring. 

"That's a very nice drawing Chorom. I like the colors you have chosen." 

The little girl's face exploded into a big smile before she turned to continue her drawing. 

Jangmi looked at her while she was attempting to draw more flowers. 

She tried to discreetly have a look at the girls brain tumor. Of course it hadn't grown visibly much but Jangmi was sad that it was so big that she could see it with her own eyes. It always saddened her whenever she saw it. The doctors said that if it grew larger they would remove it. Doing it right now would involve too much risks. 

She continued to watch the girl draw and hopefully she would be able to see her drawings improve together with the sight of watching her grow up. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After Chorom fell asleep and Jangmi put her to bed she decided to once again visit him. 

She thought of doing it daily because solitude was never a good choice. Especially not in the case of Kim Jongin. 

She walked with her nightgown to his room. Jangmi thought of everyone in the house as siblings or relatives and were therefore not ashamed of what she wore in front of them. After having seen kids run around and nurses looking poorly because of stress she realized that no one really cared how the other looked or dressed. 

She knocked on his door. 

No answer but she didn't expect one either. 

She sighed and her lips curved into a small smile. 

Of course she hadn't forgotten what happened inside this room yesterday but remembering his face she felt that she could neve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter