Chapter three

Affecting you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Kim Jongin." Injung said and heaved a sigh. 

The two of them, Jangmi and Injung sat in the nurse kitchen, a smaller kitchen for the nurses to eat their breakfast before waking the children up. It was quiet here, compared to the bigger dining room where all the children ate including Jangmi herself. 

The walls were white giving it a clean feeling and the furnitures were a darker color of wood, the room gave off a feeling of coziness which always managed to make Jangmi feel calm everytime she entered it. Yes, Jangmi came here quite often just to talk to some nurses or help them with cleaning. 

Injung leaned forward to the dining table where Jangmi sat opposite her and grabbed her coffee cup. 

"Well.. where do I begin?" 

"What does he suffer from?" Jangmi had never seen someone like that. The older children she had seen always seemed sad but Jongin only gave off the vibe of being... hateful. 

Injung just shook her head. 

 

"Nothing, he's totally healthy." 

 

Jangmi raised her eyebrows. She had never heard of anything like this. This was a hospital, a place for sick children, not healthy teenagers like him. No parent would send their child or children here if he or she wasn't suffering from an illness. 

"Why do you look so shocked? It's not new is it?" Injung said, her eyes slightly said. Then she seemed to realize what she had just said. "Ah- I didn't mean it like-" 

"No, it's fine." Jangmi reassured her with a smile. "Please continue" 

Injung played with her bang, embarrassed yet sad. 

"Jongin is healthy, at least physically. I don't know why but my husband, doctor Henry told me that the hospital received money from Our future to take care of him here." 

Jangmi nodded. Our future is a charity helping children or teenagers in this case to get back on their feet. Usually they're orphans or have just been to the wrong circuit with drugs and violence. Jangmi had heard of them but she didn't know what they did, until now. 

"As you have seen Jongin seem to be a..... problematic child." She said having a hard time describing him without using the "wrong" words. 

Jangmi also couldn't find the right words to define him either. There seemed to be that.. wall surrounding him. Anyone who came close enough like she did when she touched his hand and saw his wrist would trigger his defense mechanism and he would raise the walls even higher, making one unable to see the one behind it.

 

He seemed to gua

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter