Chapter eight

Affecting you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin was still the same the days after his tantrum.

Walking around without a purpose and spending most of his time in his room. 

He was like a walking corpse, always silent and never showing any emotions. 

Injung told Jangmi to just leave him alone, he would eventually open up she said. 

How wrong Injung was. Because he wouldn't open up if no one was there to listen. He wouldn't open up to someone he didn't know simply because he was spending a lot of his time with them. No, it wasn't that simple. Especially not in his case, Jangmi understood it more than anyone else here. 

It was also not like one could ignore him totally since he scared the kids, the nurses and even the doctors. His existence couldn't be ignored and it surely wouldn't be either. 

After a few days in which she had done as Injung told her, to ignore him until he would eventually calm down, she walked to his room. 

Of course it hadn't turned out as Injung had wished since Jongin wouldn't calm down because of time. No matter how much time passed by, he would probably not change. Even time can't heal everything. 

It was almost midnight and most of the people in the house had went to bed. 

Jangmi had spent a lot of nights sleeping with the small ones since they felt very lonely and had nightmares. 

Today was a day she finally got to spend her nights alone. She felt sad about it since she loved to spend time with everyone but today she also felt hopeful. 

It was another day she would try to heal Jongin.

Time couldn't heal him, he needed more than that.

She walked with her long, white nightgown to his room. 

Slowly she knocked on his door and waited for an answer. 

Of course nothing came and she pulled down the door handle and silently walked inside. 

The sight made her heart sink. 

Jongin was sitting on the floor leaning his back against the bed while looking in front of him at absolutely nothing. The moon shone through the window revealing his empty face. It lightened up a big space around Jongin. 

 

Pain was the only thing she could read from his face. 

 

His eyes were so empty, like there was nothing inside that body. 

She truly hoped for a day when she would see his face filled with happiness. A day where she would see his smile and heart radiate a happiness warmer than the sun. A day when he would feel happy to be alive.

"Good evening." She greeted with a soft voice as she closed the door behind her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter