Chapter 3

The Senatorial Candidate

 

When a car parked right outside Kyungsoo’s cheap apartment building that night, he wasn’t surprised. He kind of expected it due to the fact that just that morning he had managed to escape Kris Wu’s guards and successfully went home. He took his opportunity when the car he was in with the Senatorial candidate stopped for the red light. He sprinted out of the car and nobody was able to stop him because the light suddenly turned to green.

 

He went straight to the ramyun shop after his escape and he was just in time for it to open. His ahjumma boss greeted him with Soojin in her arms and Kyungsoo couldn’t be happier to see his niece. The little girl was reaching out for him and excitedly giggled as if she had an idea that they were not together the night before.

 

Thankfully, his boss reported that Soojin had been a good girl. She ate her meals without a hassle and drank her medicine. Soojin had always been easy to take care of. It was like she understood that she couldn’t give her Uncle Kyungsoo a hard time because he was working diligently for both of them. It was why Kyungsoo’s boss didn’t mind if Soojin came with him to work. The baby girl was just put in a high chair at a corner and Kyungsoo would check up on her from time to time without so much as a little squeal from her. With food on her table and toys within her reach, Soojin was out of Kyungsoo’s hair for most of his work hours.

 

Tao got out of the car and Kyungsoo felt a little scared. The bodyguard really gave off this dark aura which would send a shiver down to anyone’s spine. If Kyungsoo didn’t know that he was harmless, he would have already run for his life the moment the tall person got out of the car.

 

“Pack your things. You and the baby are coming with me,” Tao announced when Kyungsoo stood right in front of him.

 

“Why? Where are you taking us?”

 

“To Kris. Where else?” Tao informed rather mockingly. He couldn’t believe the smaller male would still ask that question. Wasn’t it obvious already?

 

“What if we don’t go with you?” Kyungsoo braved but he knew it was pointless. Judging by the fact that Kris sent Tao, the Congressman’s most trusted bodyguard, it was obvious that they would be taken willingly or otherwise.

 

“Then I will just have to make you.”

 

Kyungsoo felt goose bumps all over his body. There was something in the way the panda said those words that had a chilling effect on him. Maybe it was also because he had experienced the power of Tao’s grip so he knew that Tao could very well take him and Soojin to Kris Wu by force if it came down to it.

 

“Pack a lot of things because you might be staying longer. Really depends on when Kris could do the paternity test.”

 

Kyungsoo did not put up more of a fight. He packed his and Soojin’s things carefully which made Tao frustrated. He ignored the taller male that when he was finally finished, he got surprised when Tao let out a loud “thank god!”

 

The apartment that he left that morning was the same one that he came back to that night. The moment he entered, the living room was filled with people, few he had already met and others not yet. When Suho saw him, the campaign manager excused himself from the person he was talking to and moved to meet Kyungsoo.

 

“Is this Soojin?” Suho asked as soon as he reached Kyungsoo. He inspected the little girl strapped to Kyungsoo’s front in a baby carrier and smiled at the sleeping little angel. “She’s so cute! I think I’m in love with her already.”

 

“You should wait when she’s awake. You’d be surprised how cute she can be,” Kyungsoo bragged. Of course there was no other baby as cute as Soojin was.

 

“I’m sure she is. Come on. I’ll introduce you to the rest of the team.”

 

They moved further into the living room and all eyes went to Kyungsoo and the baby he was carrying. Suho introduced the people one by one. He started with Tao and Chanyeol, who just nodded at Kyungsoo in acknowledgement. Next was Luhan who was a lot friendlier than the other two. The deer-looking male even went as far as hugging Kyungsoo as if they had been friends for a long time. Luhan was Kris head legal adviser.

 

“Don’t be fooled by the innocent face. Luhan can be fierce when it comes to legislations and bills Yifan need to pass. Some Congressmen are even afraid of him.” Suho informed and Kyungsoo had to make a double take on Luhan.

 

“Oh do not patronize me, Joonmyeon,” Luhan jokingly complained and left to sit beside someone named Minseok who, Kyungsoo learned, was also part of Kris Wu’s legal team.

 

Minseok and Luhan were a force to reckon with when it came to legal battles. Kris’ fellow congressmen had tried pirating them but it was their loyalty to their friend that they had stayed with Kris.

 

Next was Yixing. Kris’s best friend slash manager. Or Yifan’s best friend slash manager. Yixing had insisted on calling Kris by his real name. He had known Kris the longest and he had been used to addressing Kris by his real name that he couldn’t suddenly just change it. He was in charge of Kris schedule and overall well-being. From food to clothes, everything that Kris needed to decide on but didn’t have time to do the thinking himself, Yixing decided for him. It was like they have one mind.

 

“Can I carry her?” Yixing asked when he got a good look at the sleeping Soojin. He carefully lifted Soojin off of Kyungsoo and the latter removed the baby carrier so Yixing could carry Soojin properly. The baby girl was sleeping so deeply she did not even give any sign that her sleep was disturbed. Yixing cradled and cooed at the angel that Kyungsoo couldn’t help but smile.

 

“You’re good at this,” Kyungsoo commented and Yixing did not even bother taking his eyes away from Soojin when he answered.

 

“I love babies. Yifan is so lucky to have a daughter.” This time, Yixing looked up at Kyungsoo. “I don’t see why that , oops sorry for the language baby,” he apologized to the sleeping angel before he continued, “I don’t know why that a-hole keeps on insisting he doesn’t have a daughter. If she were mine, I’d be more than willing to take her.”

 

Kyungsoo looked at Yixing as the latter caressed a finger on Soojin’s face. There was a feeling of sudden warmth in his heart just by watching the little girl leaned into Yixing’s touch. It was like she was longing for a father’s care.

 

There were others that Suho introduced Kyungsoo to while Soojin stayed in Yixing’s arms. The latter refused to give Soojin back to him so he just let him be. Soojin didn’t seem to mind because she was still sound asleep even when Yixing had smothered her with kisses from time to time.

 

“Xing, where did you put my speech?” Kris was unable to continue upon seeing Kyungsoo. He just emerged from having changed clothes in his room. Annoyingly, he was still worked up about the incident that morning he was suddenly unable to look at the little man without feeling awkward.

 

What was the matter with him? He shouldn’t have been acting so weird with Kyungsoo. There was nothing to be acting weird about. He just saw Kyungsoo in his shirt, soft, creamy, white shoulders exposed, and a face so innocently able in that testosterone-induced morning, nothing to be weird about. But who was he kidding? He looked at the man differently already. He had already imagined Kyungsoo’s thick lips stretched around his . His fingers itched as he glanced at the man in the car that morning, daydreaming about stretching Kyungsoo’s hole.

 

Kris shook his head to get the images out of his mind. It was just hard because Kyungsoo was looking at him with clueless naivety. The smaller male must have been really confused about his actions.

 

“Xing, can you get my speech for me please?” He muttered and turned his gaze to Yixing who was surprisingly holding a baby.

 

“Yifan, come here. Look at her! She’s so adorable!” Yixing commanded, totally ignoring what Kris had just asked him to do.

 

“I’d rather not,” Kris declined, rooted to the ground.

 

The attention of everyone turned to Kris. The people in the room are the most trusted part of Kris’ team so they had all been informed about the baby-daddy issue. And they had all been anticipating how Kris would be around the baby.

 

Yixing was one of the people who could handle Kris and his stubbornness. He was also one of the few people who Kris allowed to be so careless with him. If it had been anyone else, Yixing would have been knocked to the ground when he stormed straight to Kris and handed him the baby without so much as a warning. Kris struggled on how to properly hold the baby. He was so awkward that Soojin started to squirm in discomfort and eventually woke up just to let out a loud cry.

 

Oh great! I think I am going to ing enjoy this. Kris thought, sarcastically of course.

 

 

 

To be continued…

 

…………………………………………

 

Noona’s Notes:

 

I’m sorry for the long wait. My new work schedule is really draining the hell out of me that it’s too hard to find time to write and update. A friend was actually bugging me to update this already although she already knows where I’m going with this. So, yeah. I can’t promise when the next update would be thought. I hope it’s soon. Depends on how stressful work will be, I guess.

 

P.S. – Thanks for sticking it out with this story. And sorry about the short update. I had to do this and Troublesome Pregnant at the same time so its kinda short because Sunday is the only day I’m free now. I love you all! -- @sunskyivee