Chapter 11

The Senatorial Candidate

 

They were awkwardly silent in the kitchen the next morning. What was an intense make-out session the morning before had become a cold war the next. They moved about separately, getting their fill of coffee. It hadn’t bothered them before that they both wake up so early but at that moment it was inconvenient for the both of them.

 

Kris did not stay in the kitchen when he got his mug of coffee. He left Kyungsoo because he couldn’t stand being in the same room with the man. He was angry at Kyungsoo for avoiding him. But honestly, he was angry at himself more because he knew Kyungsoo was right. He had known that what he was doing with Kyungsoo was wrong but he still went for it. He loved kissing the man and it didn’t feel wrong when he was doing it.

 

He did not feel any guilt at all when he was kissing Kyungsoo. It felt so right, like nothing could go wrong. He couldn’t even think of Baekhyun and how the situation would have affected his fiancé. He just went along with his feelings and it told him that he had to be with Kyungsoo.

 

However, he couldn’t deny the fact that he had promised Baekhyun marriage. If Kyungsoo did not barge into his life with Soojin, none of it would have happened. And now he was faced with a dilemma between following his heart or keeping his promise.

 

 

 

It wasn’t helpful that Kris did not have anything in his schedule for the day. Well, he intended it to be that way because he thought things would be okay with him and Kyungsoo and they could spend the whole day together.

 

They weren’t speaking. Even when Kyungsoo was in the living room playing with Soojin on the sofa and Kris was sitting at another part of the room, reviewing documents, they acted as if the other wasn’t there. The Senator could actually do his job in his room, at the comfort of his own desk. But he couldn’t stop himself from wanting to see Kyungsoo and Soojin although they weren’t interacting at all.

 

Their heads snapped up at the same time when they heard the doorbell ring. They looked at each other for a moment, as if deciding who between them should open the door. Kyungsoo took it upon himself to do it because he could see that Kris was immersed in a pile of papers. He made Soojin sit comfortably on the sofa and gave her a toy to distract her with before he got up for the door.

 

The moment he opened the door, he was face-to-face with someone unfamiliar. The man in front of him wasn’t taller than him, in fact, they were about the same height, but the difference between them was that while Kyungsoo was plain and ordinary, the other was the complete opposite. Sophistication and power were what the man exuded and Kyungsoo couldn’t help but feel small despite the absence in the height difference.

 

“I guess you’re the who’s playing house with my fiancé,” the man announced and barged in without even waiting for Kyungsoo to invite him in. It was clear who the person was and Kyungsoo was left by the door stunned.

 

Baekhyun entered the apartment with all familiarity and Kris stood from his seat upon knowing who came in. “Baek…” he whispered.

 

Baekhyun moved further into the living room and stopped just where he could take a good look at the baby playing with a Pororo plushie. He stared at the baby for a moment before he diverted his attention to a rooted Kris. He moved to where Kris was and closed the distance between them with a kiss, a soft brushing of the lips. The Senator was stunned but he circled his arms around his fiancé’s waist anyway when he felt Baekhyun’s around his neck.

 

Kyungsoo tried his best not to point his eyes at the sweet couple. But he was not safe with his peripheral vision. He could still see them at the corner of his eye as he removed the Pororo plushie from Soojin’s grip and picked up the little girl. He attempted to walk away from the scene and go to their room but he heard Baekhyun address him before he could put more distance.

 

“Where are you going? I have something to tell you so you better listen up,” Baekhyun called out which made Kyungsoo stop moving and turned to face the couple. “I know what you have been doing with my fiancé. I know everything and I know you’re an opportunist who’s using a baby to take advantage of Kris. But that’s gonna end now because I want you out of this apartment right now!”

 

“Baehyun,” Kris protested. “They can’t leave. Soojin may in fact be my daughter and I don’t want my child not to be with me.”

 

“I knew you would say that. So, I took the liberty of getting the paternity test results. It was out since a week ago by the way, and supposedly, my dear fiancé, you should have been eager to know if she’s actually your daughter so you could be freed from this.” The hint of sarcasm in Baekhyun’s voice wasn’t left unnoticed by either Kris or Kyungsoo. Beakhyun faced the Senator again only this time with a firm expression on his face, “I want them out of here right now.”

 

Kris grabbed the test result from Baekhyun’s grip and opened the piece of paper. There, written in bold font, was the negative paternity test result. Soojin wasn’t his. He looked up in Kyungsoo and Soojin’s direction with widened eyes. He was stunned because he wasn’t Soojin’s father. He had actually prepared himself to be the baby’s dad and to know that he wasn’t sent him into disbelief.

 

“You see,” Baekhyun said turning to Kyungsoo. “Kris is not the baby’s father according to the test result. Therefore, you have no business being here anymore. You have stretched your welcome far too long and it’s about time you pick up what’s left of your dignity and leave here now.”

 

Kyungsoo was speechless. He was sure that Kris was Soojin’s father but with the test result disputing his conclusion, he was now questioning his judgment. And Baekhyun was right. He and Soojin didn’t have the right be there anymore. But he was waiting, waiting for Kris to say something, hoping that the Senator didn’t want them to leave, that he wanted for them to stay despite it all.

 

“Baekhyun is right, Kyungsoo. You need to leave,” Kris said and it was all it took for Kyungsoo hope to crumble down.

 

 

 

To be continued…

 

 

 

……………………………………..

 

Noona’s Notes:

 

Sorry for the short update. I just wanted it to be about Beakhyun’s arrival. Finally, the diva is here. LOL.

 

Cheerios! Ivee Noona (sunskyivee)