Chapter 19

The Senatorial Candidate

 

Kyungsoo was not in the ramyun shop when Tao came to fetch him. That information made Kris’ anger rise up to unreasonable level. What was worse was that Kyungsoo went with Congressman Lee as Tao was informed by Kyungsoo’s boss.

 

Kris was seeing red everywhere. His brows were furrowed and his breathing was labored. If it was possible for steam to come out of his ears, it probably would have with his fury boiling inside. He was angry because Kyungsoo dared to release a statement without consulting him or his team. Why would Kyungsoo incriminate himself like that?

 

Moreover, his anger was also because of the fact that Kyungsoo couldn’t be located. He wanted to talk to the smaller male as soon as possible about the statement he released. Be it to know the reason why or how they could make Kyungsoo’s statement as less implicating for the latter as probable. But Kyungsoo was nowhere to be found, not to mention that he was with Congressman Lee.

 

Kris convinced himself that he was enraged because of the first reason, that Kyungsoo did not consult them before he released his statement. But he knew he was only kidding himself in believing that. His heart was leaning towards the piece of information that Kyungsoo was with Hongbin; it was the ultimate reason why he was infuriated.

 

Yixing could only watch his best friend who was sitting in his living room couch, deep in thought. Just by looking at the Senator, no one could even dare to disturb him. If anyone did, that person may have had a death wish. Kris seemed like he was ready to murder someone that whoever would bother him would certainly be the object of that deadly plot.

 

It was almost midnight when Yixing’s door beeped indicating that someone had punched in the lock code. Everyone in the living room; Kris, Yixing, Suho, and Tao, who was waiting for that one person who was the reason why they were still gathered there, turned their attention at the door. Kris stood up when the door revealed Kyungsoo with Soojin strapped at his front, the angel already sleeping. The Senator’s anger was uncontainable at that point. Having seen the baby girl so pitifully uncomfortable with her position, Kris wanted to strangle Kyungsoo, among all other reasons.

 

Yixing was quick to react and walked past Kris to go straight for Soojin. He didn’t even bother to look at Kris when he bumped his shoulder. He only had one goal and that was to makes sure that Soojin was safely tucked away and comfortable before the Senator started to attack Kyungsoo. The latter wasn’t even able to react when Yixing immediately removed the straps from Kyungsoo and carried Soojin away.

 

“Where have you been?!” Kris yelled the moment the door to the room Yixing brought Soojin to clicked shut.

 

“I, I—“ Kyungsoo stammered but he was cut by another outburst from Kris.

 

“We were looking everywhere for you! Do you know what time it is?”

 

Suho stood up from where he sat and closed the distance between him and the Senator. He placed a hand on Kris’ shoulder, a gesture to let the latter know that he would talk to Kyungsoo instead. Kris’ outrage was not helping them in making Kyungsoo cooperate.

 

“Kyungsoo,” Suho pulled Kris down to have a seat before he continued. “We were worried about you and Soojin,” he strode towards Kyungsoo and arm around the smaller male. He ushered Kyungsoo to a single-seater couch right across the one he made Kris sit on. When Kyungsoo was seated, he went to sit in the middle of the long couch, acting as a barrier for the two.

 

Soojin’s Uncle bowed his head and looked at his hands. The statement that he released earlier was what he wanted to do, but why did he feel guilty about it at that moment? He couldn’t look at any of the people in the room in the eye, especially Kris who he could feel was excavating holes on him.

 

“We wanna know what happened, Kyungsoo,” Suho said. “Why did you release that statement?”

 

Kyungsoo huffed a breath for courage before he answered. “I felt that it was the right thing to do?”

 

“The right thing to do?!” the Senator interrupted. “Do you know that what you did actually make everything complicated? Most especially to you and Soojin. How could you be so reckless?”

 

“I am prepared for whatever will happen to me,” Kyungsoo bravely replied.

 

“And what about Soojin? Whatever happens to you affects her too! Did you think of that?” Kris couldn’t stay in his seat anymore and stood up in frustration, carding his hair in the process.

 

“I will be responsible for all the repercussions my statement would bring to me and Soojin. You don’t have to be so concerned,” the smaller male answered monotonously.

 

With Kyungsoo’s statement, nothing could stop Kris from doing what he was about to do. He grabbed the smaller male by the arm and forced him to stand up from his seat. Suho wasn’t even able to react when Kris lunged for Kyungsoo, more so Tao who was leaning against the wall near the window overlooking the view outside.

 

“Why did you do that? Why did you release that statement? Tell me because I don’t understand why you would deliberately inflict harm on yourself!” Kris was shaking Kyungsoo forcefully while he said those things to Kyungsoo.

 

On the other hand, while Kyungsoo was violently being shaken to answer, his brain would have probably lost its grip because what came out of his mouth was something he promised to not let the Senator know.

 

“Because I love you!” Kyungsoo gasped as soon as the words left his mouth. He could see that Kris was stunned by the revelation based on how the Senator abruptly stopped shaking him. He was aware that Suho and Tao also caught what he said but at that point, he didn’t care anymore if the other two heard him.

 

There was really no point in denying it anymore. Kyungsoo had feelings for Kris. He loved the Senator. It was the biggest reason why he released that statement. It would free him from his fake arrangement with the politician and in return he could save himself from having to witness Kris and Baekhyun together.

 

“I—, I don’t understand,” Kris stammered, still obviously shocked.

 

Kyungsoo grabbed his arm from the Senator’s grip and turned to face the man. “I love you. I have feelings for you. And it hurts me to see you and Baekhyun together, which is absurd because of course you should be together since he is your real fiancé. But I don’t want to have front row view of your blossoming love because it’s killing me inside. Now, do you understand why I had to release that statement?”

 

 

 

……………………………………..

Noona’s Notes:

Just a short update just to get by. I’m just really busy. But I posted Gugmang Giatay 2.0 already so to those who are already invited, Go! Read! Lol. And I’m sorry to those who requested to be invited after the deadline I’ve set. I can’t invite you yet since I’m really lazy and I don’t have the time yet to check whoever you are one by one so I can add you to the list. Maybe later, I’m just not sure when.

Love lots, krisoo_noona