Chapter 2

The Senatorial Candidate

When he woke up that morning, Kyungsoo’s only goal was to let Kris Wu know about his daughter. Never in his whole plan that he would be in Kris Wu’s penthouse apartment in the same building as his headquarters was, nor did he dream that he’d actually stay in the apartment—hopefully for just one night.

Between the little meeting at the conference room and where he was currently sitting timidly in one of Kris’ sleek black leather sofa; he tried to devise a plan on how to make his great escape. He was on the 30th floor, 10 floors above Kris Wu’s headquarters. He hadn’t seen the building entrance because they didn’t go through it to get inside. So it would be hard for him to know where he would go once he reached the ground floor, inconspicuously at that. There was another problem in his plan as well—the security guards manning the front door. He was sure the guards were already made aware about him and how he was not allowed to be let out.

It happened so quickly. One minute Kris and Suho were arguing about who would take him in and the next chaos erupted as they alerted the security team through Tao. His picture was taken in haste that Kyungsoo wasn’t sure if he looked decent in the photo. When Tao gripped his arm again and pulled him away from where he was sitting, he let out a groan of protest but was once again ignored. He was then taken to Kris’ penthouse where he was dumped on the sofa to wonder alone. Tao left and Kris had not followed him yet.

Kyungsoo let his eyes wander at the make-up of the apartment. It was very minimalistic and full of edges, a perfect home for a hot bachelor like Kris Wu, but not conducive for a baby girl. It gave him that metallic feeling because he could only see silver or black in the house, no splotch of color at all. If Soojin would live there, it wouldn’t be educational for her as there were no reds or pinks to stimulate her eyesight. He thought of telling Kris Wu that but he wasn’t even sure if the Congressman would take Soojin in.

Speaking of Soojin, he really had to call his ahjumma boss to let her know that he wouldn’t be able to fetch Soojin that day. He reached for his phone in his pocket and dialed his boss’ number. When the ahjumma answered, he apologetically explained his situation and it didn’t even take a lot for Kyungsoo’s boss to tell him it was okay and that they’d love for Soojin to stay over a little more.

Kyungsoo just finished his phone call when the door opened suddenly followed by Kris entering the room. Kyungsoo sat up in attention and Kris had actually jumped a little upon realizing that Kyungsoo was there. The latter heard Kris groan in frustration as the taller walked past him and went straight for a door. When Kris came back, he already had two canned drinks in hand and Kyungsoo thought that the taller male must have gone to the kitchen. The blonde placed one of the canned drinks on the table while he clicked one open and started to drink from the can. Kyungsoo just stared at the drink, not sure if he should open and drink from it or just leave it.

“Why are you just staring at it? Drink,” Kris commanded before he sat on the corner seat.

Kyungsoo immediately grabbed the drink, opened it and drank from the can.

“Okay, Kyungsoo. Let me just make it clear that by staying here it doesn’t mean I believe you and your story about the baby. This is simply containing the situation,” Kris started.

The carbonated drink almost went out of Kyungsoo’s nose upon hearing what Kris Wu. He couldn’t believe that the Congressman was still insisting that he was not Soojin’s father. But if he thought about it, they wouldn’t hold him captive if they thought that there wasn’t a possibility that Kris Wu was the father. Kris Wu’s team had just indirectly admitted that they were considering the idea that Kris was really the father.

“Whatever you say, Congressman Wu. But if it turns out that she really is yours, then we’ll have to talk about the color of this apartment and how we can make it child-friendly.”

Kris snorted. It was unbelievable to him how confident the little man was about him fathering the baby. There was no way he would be the father. He hadn’t even met a certain Sandara Park in his life so he was absolutely sure he wasn’t the father.

Kris was about to respond to Kyungsoo but his phone buzzed in his pocket and chose to divert his attention to it instead. He looked at who was calling and couldn’t stop a smile from gracing his lips.

“Hello, sweetheart, how’s Paris?” He stood up and turned to go to his bedroom and continue the phone call from there.

Kyungsoo could only follow the man with his eyes. Sweetheart, that must have been Congressman Wu’s fiancée. The one Suho and Kris were talking about at the conference room.

Kyungsoo wondered what type of person Byun Baekhyun was. If the latter was going to marry the senatorial hopeful one day, of course Kyungsoo would like to know if he was going to accept Soojin. He read a lot of stories and seen a lot of movies that tackled about stepdaughters and their evil stepmother’s and he didn’t want his niece to be one of those pitiful daughters that slaved for their ugly stepmothers.

The Congressman said something about Paris so what did Byun Baekhyun do that required him to be in Paris? Was he a celebrity who flew to Paris to promote a movie or was he a fashion designer who was in Paris for fashion week? Kyungsoo wasn’t able to dwell on it more as the blonde Congressman was back from the room he entered to answer the phone call.

“You can stay in the other room for tonight. You better get to sleep because you are coming with us tomorrow and we’ll leave early. I don’t know what Suho was thinking but he wants you supervised all the time,” Kris announced.

“Can’t you just let me go home? I promise I’m not gonna say anything to anyone. And you can always have someone get us once you’re ready to do the paternity test.”

“Huh, sorry, can’t do that. I don’t trust you at all. Come, follow me, we don’t have all night.”

Kyungsoo sighed in defeat. He decided he’d let go of trying to go home for now and would think about it tomorrow. He was tired anyway. He had been standing from when the political rally started, looking out for the young Congressman, until the minute he was able to finally get the senatorial aspirant’s attention. And the little meeting in the conference room didn’t help at all in somehow giving him a time to rest. If anything, it even added to the stress he was feeling.

He stood up and followed Kris as the latter lead him to another room. The blonde opened the door and motioned for him to get inside. Once inside, the Congressman bid him goodnight and shut the door.

Kyungsoo’s eyes wandered inside the room. It had the same feeling as the living room; dull and boring. He went to the closet to check if there was something he could change to and was glad that there was. The only problem was; the clothes were too big for him. Well, the owner was like a tower so he shouldn’t have been too surprised about that. He settled for an oversized gray shirt and went to the bathroom to wash up. When he finished, he didn’t bother to put the sweatpants on, leaving only his boxers, because it didn’t fit and put on the shirt that almost reached his knees and the collar slipping off of his sleeve. He climbed onto the bed and immediately fell asleep as if he had been sleeping in the room for a long time.

Kyungsoo was an early riser. He would wake up at 4AM no matter what time he slept the night before. Occupational habit—that was what he called it. He had to be at the market before 4:30AM or all fresh ingredients they needed for the ramyun shop would all be gone. He was one of the two helpers in the shop and was in charge of the early morning market trip. So, Minah would have to do it in his place seeing that he was held captive by Congressman Wu and his team of political monkeys.

He went out and slowly made his way into the door that led to the kitchen. He checked the fridge for ingredients and was disappointed that there was nothing that could help him cook a decent breakfast, so he settled for scrambled eggs and bacon. He ate silently when he was done cooking. He didn’t know if Congressman Wu ate breakfast so he only made enough for himself.

Congressman Kris Wu was an early riser. He always woke up at 5AM to start his morning routine before he went to his office. But that day was different. It was Election Day; the day that would either make him a Senator or not. He always had trouble sleeping, he was lucky if he could get 2-3 hours of sleep every night. But he hadn’t slept a wink at all last night, too nervous about the uncertainty of the election results.

Kris went out of his room and went for the kitchen. He needed coffee so he could stay alive for the whole day. But what greeted him when he opened the door stunned him momentarily. He totally forgot that he had someone else in the house. It was a good thing that his temporary tenant’s back was turned and hadn’t noticed him yet. By how it looked, Kyungsoo was eating happily and humming a tune Kris was not familiar with. Well, he wasn’t the type to listen to music so it was just normal he wasn’t familiar with it.

It was a typical sight, really. Someone eating should have been an ordinary sight but he was not used to having someone else around that early. His fiancée had been to his apartment on more than one occasion but Baekhyun hadn’t stayed until morning. They had and after that that was it. Baekhyun would hurry up and go home.

For some reason, Kris found himself smiling at the scene before him. Kyungsoo was wearing his oversized shirt that had the collar sliding off of his right shoulder, exposing the smooth, creamy skin. And the next thing he knew, he found the view to be y and Kris could feel his insides heating up; which it shouldn’t have considering that he had just met the guy not 24 hours ago.

“Oh. You’re up. Would you like some breakfast?” Kyungsoo asked when he turned to place the plate on the sink and found Congressman Wu standing by the door.

And the funny coincidence of Kyungsoo’s words had Kris mentally slapping himself. He blamed the morning high testosterone level for it and not because Kyungsoo looked rather enticing in his outfit.

Down boy, down.

.

To be continued…

…………………………..

Noona’s Notes:

I’m sorry this took a long time. And sorry this wasn’t posted on the day I promised to post this. I just had a lot going on didn’t have time to write. Hopefully it won’t take the same amount of time for me to update the next chapter.

Comments and upvotes are well appreciated. As I said in Troublesome Pregnant, comments really give me the drive to write more so I hope to see more of that.

Talk to me in twitter. If you follow me because of my stories, introduce yourself so I can follow you back. And maybe tell me which of my stories you liked the most.

Until next time!

@sunskyivee