Chapter 7

The Senatorial Candidate

 

Noona’s Notes:

 

As previously advised, I do not know how the political arena works in South Korea, nor do I know their political protocols. All of the terms used in this story are based on what I know and think I know (lol). I do not have any intention of confusing you or otherwise. .

 

………………………………… .

 

They have been exchanging glances and smiles; Kyungsoo stirring the soup at the kitchen counter where the cooktop was and Kris slicing additional ingredients. Soojin, on the other hand, was busy making a mess on her high chair with her baby food. They have not spoken a word but their actions spoke louder. It was a comfortable silence anyway, like they didn’t need to actually voice out that they were both at ease with each other’s presence.

 

Kris finished slicing the onions and went to put the ingredient in the pot, slightly brushing Kyungsoo’s arms when he stood beside the man. He could feel the tension there but he controlled himself.

 

“It tastes bland. Do you think we should put more salt?” Kyungsoo raised the spoon for Kris to have a taste. The latter hesitated at first but wrapped his mouth around the spoon that Kyungsoo fed him.

 

“I think it’s okay,” the Senator absently replied. He actually did not taste the soup. He just said that to avoid giving out a hint that he was distracted by having to use the same spoon that Kyungsoo had in his mouth a couple of seconds ago.

 

“I don’t know. It just doesn’t taste delicious to me.” The smaller male vacated his place beside Kris to get the jar of salt and went back to put more in. “Now this taste a lot better,” he mumbled after stirring and tasting the soup again. He raised another spoonful of soup to Kris’ direction and the Senator did not hesitate this time.

 

Indirect kiss, Kris couldn’t take that off his mind.

 

Kris had been going home early for the past few days and it had become a habit that they eat dinner together. Suho was right. After the Sunday when they took the paternity test, the politician’s schedule had become bearable. Nothing had made him having to go home late. There were still a few interviews here and there, but nothing that would actually take his time off of having dinner at home. Not that having dinner with Kyungsoo was the main reason why he actually wanted to go home early. Or was it? .

 

They finally finished cooking and settled themselves at the table to eat their dinner. .

 

“Soo?” Kris broke the silence when they started eating. .

 

Kyungsoo was taken aback at the nickname. Nobody had called him ‘Soo’ since his Dara Noona. It had always been ‘Kyung’ or ‘Kyungie’. But he welcomed the nickname the Senator used. He liked how it sounded when it rolled off of Kris’ tongue anyway. “Yeah?” He responded. .

 

“I’m gonna be taking my oath of office tomorrow and we’ll be having the victory party afterwards, would you like to come?” Kris shyly invited, holding his breath as he spoke the words because he might squeak. .

 

The smaller male was overwhelmed. It didn’t cross his mind that Kris would want him to be there at one of the most important events in the politician’s life. It had only been a month or more since they first met and only about half or less of that they started to be closer. He wanted to go. He wanted to be part of it. But half of him was screaming that it was a bad idea. He wasn’t supposed to be part of anything Kris Wu related because that would mean danger. It would be dangerous for his heart because he was starting to like the Senator in a way he was not allowed to. .

 

“I can’t. What about Soojin? Nobody’s gonna look after her.” Kyungsoo half-heartedly rejected, lacking of conviction. .

 

“That’s not a problem. Yixing can babysit. He doesn’t go to these things. It’s above him.” Kris laughed awkwardly before he continued, “And I’m sure he would love to have Soojin all to himself.”

 

The desperation in Kris’ voice was not left unnoticed by Kyungsoo. The blonde actually wanted him to go. And who was he to throwaway an invitation from the Senator himself? .

 

“Okay, if you insist.” Kyungsoo smiled in agreement.

 

 

 

“I, Wu Yifan, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully and conscientiously fulfill my duties as Senator of the Republic of Korea, preserve and defend its laws, do justice to every man, and consecrate myself to the service of the Nation. So help me God.”

 

The House of Senate was filled with echoing claps after Senator Wu repeated that last sentence of the oath of office. A lot of people came to witness the Senator take his oath, most of which Kyungsoo didn’t know. But most of them looked like important people that Kyungsoo couldn’t help but feel small. It didn’t help that he was wearing the suit that Yixing hastily picked out for him for the first time in his life. He thought he looked like a clown. .

 

When he dropped Soojin earlier in Yixing’s apartment with Tao—Kris had went ahead of them for obvious reasons—he did not expect that Yixing had a suit ready for him. He was content with his outfit—a white buttoned-up shirt and dress pants—but the manager argued that he looked like a sales attendant in a mall. His taste in clothes was insulted and so he put up a fight about having to wear the suit. But of course, he didn’t win against Yixing. The man was unbelievably tenacious that the only way for Kyungsoo to win was to actually give in. If that was winning at all. .

 

Kyungsoo watched as Kris accepted the hands that shook his in congratulations. The man had a genuine smile on his face, one that would tell whoever was looking that the Senator was truly happy of where he was and what he had achieved. Kyungsoo felt happy for the Senator. In the short time that they had started to talk and having felt comfortable around each other, he had learned a lot of things about Kris. And the more he learned something about the man, the more he felt that he liked him. But of course, he wasn’t going to act on his feelings. The Senator had a fiancée and he wasn’t going to be fiancée-stealer for that matter. His feelings would all go away eventually.

 

He stood next to Tao by the side entrance near the podium. He was feeling too out of place because it seemed that he was he the only person who had no business there whatsoever. So, he decided to stand alongside Tao although there was a seat reserved for him at the audience. He didn’t get to extend his congratulations to the Senator when the ceremony was done as the man was swept away by the media and all the fuss from the spectators. He was then ushered by Tao to exit the House of Senate and into the car so the bodyguard could take him to the victory party venue.

 

The party was held in some hotel’s huge function room. Most of Senator Wu’s staff was there along with invited guests; businessmen, politicians, friends. Kyungsoo was sitting on one of the chairs at a corner because he didn’t have anyone to talk with. Tao left him right after they walked in on the party scene. Suho only greeted him when he came but then left him as well to attend to other guests. Luhan and Minseok were the same. And as for Senator Wu, the man was busy greeting all the guests that Kyungsoo couldn’t find it in his heart to interrupt.

 

It was after he had finished his first glass of champagne that Kyungsoo decided to go out to the function room’s balcony. He was feeling a little stuffy because of the drink and decided to get away from the noise and from being a wallflower. But it didn’t stop him from grabbing another glass along the way.

 

The air was cold outside, sending a shiver down Kyungsoo’s spine. But it wasn’t cold enough for him to abandon his sanctuary of isolation. He could still hear faint noises from the party inside but it was quickly shut off when his mind started thinking about things.

 

He thought about Soojin and how he loved her so. He didn’t want anything else other than for Soojin to be with her father who could provide her with the care she needed. And speaking of her father, Kyungsoo thought about Senator Wu. It would totally be a relief if the man was Soojin’s real father. Kris wasn’t so bad after all. He had noticed how the Senator had tried to not feel too attached to the baby but he could also see that Kris had slowly opened up. And if Kris was Soojin’s father, it was all the more reason for him to shove his feelings for the man in the most hidden pit of his heart. It wasn’t like he loved him already or anything. It should be easy enough.

 

“Why are you here?”

 

Kyungsoo’s thoughts were abruptly halted when a voice interrupted. He leaned away from the stone railings of the balcony and turned to face the owner of the voice. “I didn’t know anyone in there anyway so might as well be in isolation.”

 

“I’m sorry I didn’t have time for you. I invited you to be here but I’m not even there for you,” Kris apologized. He had been looking for Kyungsoo since the oath taking ceremony but just didn’t have the opportunity to do so until that moment.

 

“Don’t worry about it. You had your hands full. Your guests are more important than me anyway and I understand.”

 

“But I appreciate your presence more than all of them combined.”

 

“Don’t say that. Somebody might hear you.” Kyungsoo let out a small laugh before he continued, “Why are you here?” He asked as he jumped to lift himself onto the stone railing to sit on it. However, he lost his balance and almost fell backwards if Kris hadn’t been quick enough and grabbed him.

 

The space between them was too small to be appropriate. Kris had his arms around Kyungsoo to steady him on the railing, while the smaller male’s hands were tightly gripped on either side of the Senator’s shoulders. They could feel each other’s breaths on their faces, and the beating of each other’s hearts was loud in their ears.

 

Kris didn’t know what made him do it. It could be the amount of champagne he had consumed earlier, or it could be his on-going fixation about Kyungsoo’s lips that he moved forward and kissed the man. He wasn’t planning on prolonging the kiss, but when Kyungsoo didn’t do anything to stop their lips from touching, Kris started to move his mouth to get a better taste of the man. It was sweet and oh so fulfilling that he aggressively put more force on the lip lock. He moaned when Kyungsoo started to kiss him back in the same intensity. His hold around Kyungsoo’s waist tightened as the latter laced his fingers through his hair. He couldn’t stop. He wanted to consume more of Kyungsoo’s tasteful lips, but a flash of a camera had brought them back to their senses.

 

“What was that?” Kyungsoo asked when their lips separated. He was still catching his breath from the kiss but he was stunned due to the flash of light that suddenly captured them.

 

“I think a reporter just took a photo of us kissing,” Kris replied worriedly.

 

“What the actual fu—“

 

 

 

To be continued…

 

………………………

 

Noona’s Notes:

 

Yes! Krisoo kissing! /evil laugh/ This will be a start of more moments for them. I think. Well, enjoy!

 

To Dana: I updated. Quit your whining. Lol.

 

P.S.

 

Please comment and upvote. Those things really do wonders for my writing speed. I feel more inspired to write a faster update when I see comments and upvotes. And thanks to those who constantly comment and those who already upvoted. I appreciate them more than how it seems.

 

Cheerios! @sunskyivee