Chapter 12

The Senatorial Candidate

 

The moans of pleasure bounced off the walls of the small room. It was the second time they made love that night—and wouldn’t be the last if it was up to him—but it still felt like it wasn’t enough. The whimpers and mewls let out by the smaller male beneath him was agonizingly sending him over the edge that he pistoned faster to both of their release. He landed on top of the smaller male, panting and sweating, riding out his high before he kissed him and rolled off to the side of the bed.

 

He didn’t expect his lover to move closer and bury his face in his neck—the smaller male was never the one to cuddle after —but he did and he was thankful for that. It just showed that his lover missed him because he was willing to loosen his restraints a little to show a little affection. Not long after, he could already hear the smaller male’s shallow breathing, indicating that he was asleep, but he couldn’t get himself to sleep, afraid that when he woke up the man wouldn’t be there anymore. However, two rounds of reunion had made it impossible for him to keep himself awake so he gave in.

 

He was awoken from his sleep when he heard a thud followed by a low groan. He sat up and discovered that his small lover wasn’t in bed with him anymore but was down on the floor, struggling on putting his pants on. The smaller male must have fallen on his behind while trying to put his pants on in the dark. If it was another person, he would have laughed. But he couldn’t find in him to laugh when he was about to be left behind again by the man he was in love with.

 

“What are you doing?” he asked his lover although it was clear to him that the man was getting dressed to leave.

 

“Isn’t it obvious that I’m getting dressed to leave?” came the snarky reply. The smaller male, although small, had a sassy mouth and admittedly it was one of the things he loved about the man.

 

“Why?”

 

“I’m going back to reality now.”

 

“Are you kidding me? What reality are you talking about? Baek, the moment you arrived in Seoul you came to me. The very first person you wanted to see was me. It couldn’t get any more real than that.”

 

“You are not my fiancé, Chanyeol.”

 

“Oh yeah, right. You have a fiancé who is cheating on you with someone who has a baby and you’re just gonna go running to him.” Chanyeol got off the bed and closed the distance between them. He wrapped his arms around Baekhyun’s waist and forced the man to look at him. “I love you, Baek. Leave him and choose me. You don’t love him anyway.”

 

“I can’t,” Baekhyun said and looked away. He removed Chanyeol’s hold on him and proceeded to get his jacket on the floor.

 

“Why not?”

 

“Because he’s a Senator and you’re a bodyguard, Chanyeol. And I am the son of the President of South Korea. Tell me, who do you think is the better choice?”

 

Baekhyun’s words were stabbed like daggers in Chanyeol’s heart. In this superficial world, social status was important and it can make you get the things that you want. It was the sad truth and he thought that it was unfair for people like him no to be allowed to have the person he loved just because he wasn’t someone important.

 

“So it really is just about security huh, Baek? You’re marrying the guy for his position and his money?” Chanyeol snickered disbelievingly.

 

“What other reason should there be for me to marry someone?”

 

“Love. People should marry for love.”

 

“How naïve of you Chanyeol. Would love buy me designer shoes? Would it earn me respect from important people? Would it uphold the status of our family name in this country? No. So I cannot marry for love.” Baekhyun motions for the door but he was stopped by Chanyeol hugging him from behind.

 

“Please Baek, stay,” the giant pleaded for dear life.

 

“Goodbye, Chanyeol,” Baekhyun said and then he was out the door without so much as a glance back at Chanyeol.

 

 

 

Baekhyun had been taught all his life to be the very best and to have the best. Never settle for anything less than excellent. When he was still in school, his attendance was perfect and he graduated with the highest honors. He couldn’t disappoint his parents, not when both of them were achievers themselves. His dad was a politician and his mom was a former beauty queen who was now the head of the Miss Korea Foundation and handles the pageant, teaching beauty and grace to aspiring girls. His dad started his political career early and so far the youngest President South Korea had ever had.

 

Therefore, when his dad showed interest in the young Congressman Wu, Baekhyun knew that his dad would be proud if he landed the man. He saw that his dad saw himself in Kris that was why he favored the young politician so much. When Baekhyun introduced the then Congressman Wu as his boyfriend, his dad gave him an approving smile and a mental pat in the back for a job well done. And Baekhyun promised that he would keep doing a job well done for his dad.

 

However, it was hard keeping his promise when a certain giant was in the way. He wasn’t supposed to fall in love with Kris’ bodyguard but he did. He didn’t even know when it started. What he remembered were the kisses inside empty rooms and the stolen moments when they thought that Kris wasn’t looking. The next thing he knew, he was frequenting Chanyeol’s apartment more often than he was in Kris.

 

He was ready to break up with the Congressman, to tell the man that he was in love with someone else. But he was beaten to the punch by his dad. His father talked to him about the harsh reality that Chanyeol didn’t fit the society standards set for a Byun to be with. He was the son of the President and it should only be appropriate for him to be with a young Senator-to-be. After all, he deserved the best and Kris Wu was the best there was for Byun Baekhyun to have a life with. And he had been living a lie ever since.

 

When the news broke out about Senator Wu kissing someone at his victory party, Baekhyun was made aware of it. With the internet, nothing could really be hidden even if he was a thousand miles away from Korea. His dad called him about the news and he lied. He told his dad that he knew who the man with Kris was and that they didn’t kiss, it was just camera angle. However, it he was posed with another problem when the Senator admitted to the media that the man was his fiancé and it made him want to smack Kris in the head. Why did he have to create problems like this? He had to lie to his dad again about knowing the situation and it was just a plan to cover up the misunderstanding about the kiss. They would all sort it out once he would come back from Paris. And thankfully, his dad believed all the lies he told. He promised that he would deal with Senator Wu the moment he came back and whoever it was which was playing house with his fiancé. He may not be in love with Kris but he certainly would not compromise his future and what belonged to him.

 

He learned about what the actual situation was when he contacted Suho. The Chief-of-Staff informed him that Kyungsoo was there for the baby that they thought was Kris’ daughter. They already took the paternity test and were just waiting for the result. So, the very first thing Baekhyun did the next day of his arrival in Korea (because he spent his first with Chanyeol) was to get the result himself and end his fiancé’s little adventure with the Kyungsoo guy. The result was as expected; Kris couldn’t have fathered the baby when the Senator preferred instead of and he certainly was not the father. He was even wondering why they even bothered to do the test when Kris had definitely never screwed a woman before. But who knew, the Senator might have when he was drunk.

 

He arrived in Kris’ building and went straight for the penthouse apartment. He knew Kris was there with his pretend fiancé because Suho told him that the Senator was free for the day. He rang the doorbell and was greeted by someone he didn’t expect to be breathtakingly beautiful. No wonder his fiancé enjoyed kissing the man.

 

“I guess you’re the who’s playing house with my fiancé,” he greeted and walked past the stunned male without invitation.

 

 

 

To be continued….

 

 

 

………………………………………..

 

Noona’s Notes:

This fic has officially become a chanbaek fic too! LOL. I’m sorry I just had to insist on chanbaek because I ship them too and with the amount of chansoo right now, I just wanna smack their heads together. Don’t get me wrong, chansoo is adorable together too. I just ship them separately with other people.

And by the way, do you get what I’m trying to do with Baek’s character? I mean, he’s not in love with Kris but he didn’t want to let Kris go because of his parents and reputation. If in case you’re confused, just ask away in the comments box or hit me up in twitter. I’ll answer your questions for you.

Cheerios! Ivee Noona (sunskyivee?