Memories

Fall Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey there! Happy, happy, Valentine's day to you, you! I hope you didn't wait too long for this chapter.....This is pretty long, by the way, so sorry for that? I don't know, really....I'm not sure how this will come out. So please tell me how it is! 
Also....this is just the first part of two :) 
Hopefully, if you'd end up liking this one, you'll anticipate and also like the next one? Hehehe....I wish ^^
Well, I hope you enjoy!

August 01, 2001

"Seunghyun-Hyung!" A voice called, through the busy streets.

Seunghyun looked up from his phone and smiled. "Ah, Jiyoung!" He smiled. "What are you doing in Seoul?"

The younger man smiled, jogging towards him, as the younger man ran a hand through his dark locks. "I'm here with Kiko." He paused. "How about you?"

Seunghyun pocketed his phone and smiled. "I'm actually headed to a jewelry store to get Tiffany's present."

"Huh?" Ji gave him a questioning glance. "You're just getting her, her present? On her birthday?"

The older man shook his head, still smiling. "Ani," He answered. "The gift's custom made. The shop needed about two months to make it, and today's the day I'm picking it up."

Jiyoung smiled brightly. "Of course. Can't expect any less from you, now can we?" He teased.

"Nope~" He sang. "A special girl should get special things, don't you think?"

"And Tiffany's that special girl, right?"

"You got it, Ji." He smiled. "Right on the spot."

The two of them smiled brightly, as silence loomed over them.

Jiyoung turned to his hyung. "So, when are you planning to actually ask her out?"

Seunghyun gave his friend a short glance. "I think it's still a bit too soon for that. She'll just say no..."

Jiyoung sighed exasperatedly. "What? Chinja?!" He shook his head. "But the two of you clearly like each other, Hyung!"

Seunghyun smiled. "Really? I feel like the feeling's one-sided."

The younger man scoffed lightly. "That's all in your head, Hyung..."

Seunghyun scoffed as well, turning to his friend. "Yah!" He playfully scolded. "We always end up talking about me and Tiffany----how about you? I thought you liked Taeyeon." He paused. "Why are you going out with Kiko?"

Ji quickly rose his arms defensively. "I do!" He grinned. "I like Taeyeon a lot, really," He paused. "And I'm not going out with Kiko. I'm just showing her around the city."

The older man shook his head smiling. "Really?" He looked around briefly. "Well, where's Kiko?"

Jiyoung immedietly paled, looking around desperately. "Omo!" He yelled, running back across the street. "I'll see you around, Hyung! I've got to go look for Kiko!" 

"Oppa." She smiled, giving him a warm hug. "It's been a while, don't you think?"

He smiled, hugging back, then motioning for her to sit. "It has." He nodded. "How have you been?"

Her smile was warm as she sat down across from him. "I think it's safe to say that this is the best I've felt this year, Oppa."

He leaned forward, arms folded on the small, round cafe table. "Why is that, Fany?" He smiled.

Tiffany scoffed playfully, rolling her eyes, as she mimicked his moves. "Oh, I don't know..." She trailed. "Maybe it's because this is the first time you've invited me to anything this year, Seunghyun-Oppa!" She pouted. "I thought we were friends?" She frowned.

He chuckled, messing with her red hair. "Isn't this a bit rebellious?" He asked, changing the topic.

She slapped his hand away, fixing her hair with a frown. "I'm serious, Oppa. This really is the first time, this year." She paused. "What happened?"

He sighed, leaning back in his chair. "I'm sorry..." He whispered, looking into her eyes. "I've been caught up with school work."

She stared back at into his eyes, causing her heart to beat a little faster. She quickly dismissed the thought and sighed, as well, brushing her fingers through her hair. "Can't blame that on you, I guess..." She mumbled. She looked away. "But it doesn't change the fact that you're going to college in two years, Oppa....and by that time, I'll be completing my Senior year...."

He watched her carefully. She was really sad with their lack of communication....

He sighed, trying his best to smile. She was right, he's going to leave her for college in two years. "Fany-ah..." He called out. "We still have this year and next year together, right?"

She looked up, giving him a small smirk. "I still don't forgive you for just ignoring me like that, Oppa..." She mused.

He smiled at her childishness. "That's fine." He stated.

She pouted, tilting her head cutely as her elbows propped on the table, locking eyes with her crush's eyes again. "I bet you even forgot that it's my birthday, today..." She whispered.

He feigned a surprised look. "W-what? It is?" He asked, pretending to panic.

She frowned, leaning back in her chair, arms crossed in front of her chest. "I can't believe you actually forgot, Oppa..." She gave him a skeptic look, before looking away.

Quickly, and silently, Seunghyun took out a nearly-flat-box from his overcoat and laid it out on the table in front of her, with a goody smile. "Happy birthday, Tiffany...."

She turned back to him, ready to scold him, but immedietly saw the black box adorned with a neatly tied pink ribbon. Her eyes widened in shock as her arms dropped to her sides.

His smile brightened, seeing her reaction. "Happy birthday!" He repeated.

She looked up to him, smiling warmly. "You remembered...." She whispered in disbelief.

He shook his head with a smile. "Of course I did. It's the most important date in my heart." He smiled.

She giggled, happily. "Oppa~" She sang. "You're such a flirt!"

He pushed the present towards her and leaned back in his chair, smile never fading nor faltering. "Open it."

She looked up to him cutely. "Can I?" She asked.

"Of course, Tiff; it's you're birthday present." He smiled.

Her smile brightened as she quickly, and carefuly, opened the box. Her eyes shone brightly; completely adoring the gift.

"Do you like it?" He asked. "It looks simple, but really, I had it custom made----" He stopped, seeing her stand up.

"Oppa..." She called, pulling him up from his chair. "Can you put it on me?"

He stared at her for a moment, a bit startled, but nodded nonetheless.

She smiled shyly, gathering her hair to one side and turning around. 

Seunghyun carefully took the necklace out of it's case. Hesistantly, he opened it's lock and placed it around the young girl's neck.

Tiffany smiled shyly and blushed as Seunghyun's skin made contact to hers, as he put the necklace on her.

As soon as he was finished, she turned around, admiring the necklace even more. It was simple, yet beautiful. It was a silver outline of the right piece of a heart broken in to two, embroided with many tiny diamonds; the middle of the piece was hollow, not solid.

"I love it, Oppa..." She whispered, eyes locked on the necklace around her neck. "It's beautiful....but," She looked up to him, smiling coyly. "It's missing a piece, isn't it?"

The older man immedietly blushed as she mentioned the necklace's missing piece. "Err, yeah...it is..." He stammered, shoving his hands in his pocket.

She blushed too, looking back down at her necklace as she played with it. "W-where's the other piece?" She mumbled, secretly hoping he had the other piece. 

He swallowed nervously, trying to smile. "I'll show it to you when the right time comes...." 

She looked up, still flustered, accidentally locking eyes with him. "Oh..." She paused. "B-but isn't this like a couple necklace?"

Seunghyun felt the heat quickly flowing into his cheeks. "Aniyo!" He smiled nervously. "Those kind of necklaces can be for friends too, right?"

"O-of course!" She stammered, feeling embarrassed at her sudden assumptions. "You're right..."

Silence quickly loomed over the two of them, as they merely stood there avoiding each other's gazes.

Seunghyun sighed. She was probably right, the necklace is for couples. He was about to apologize when he was engulfed in a warm hug.

"Thank you, Oppa...I love it." She spoke, her voice muffled into his chest. "A lot."

He smiled, awkwardness gone. His arms made it around her petite form, as he rested his chin at the top of her head. "You're very welcome Miyoung...." He whispered.

Tiffany smiled into his chest, hiding her flustered face. She loved it when he called her Miyoung....it was special in way, as if it was so right----she couldn't explain it, but she felt special when he calls her that. Her heart fluttered in happiness.

October 28, 2002

Seunghyun smiled brightly as Tiffany happily shared her week-end plans, as they walked towards their first class; a class mixed with Junior and Senior students. The young girl animatedly talked about what she, Jessica, and Yuri were going to do for their mini-sleep-over and----

"....what do you think, Seunghyun?" She quietly asked, eyes looking at the ground, as a hand played with her necklace. "Should I?"

Seunghyun inwardly sighed. She was also telling him about how Ok Taecyeon, the oh-so-famous-football-captain, asked her out. She was asking if she should say go or not. It was as if she was asking for his permission.....Oh, a guy can dream..

He shrugged nonchalantly, acting not to care at all. "Should be fun, right?" He deadpanned. Honestly though, he didn't want her to go.....he just couldn't accept that....

"Tabi!" A shrill voice purred as soon as he and Tiffany walked into their class.

The young man sighed audibly and gave his girlfriend a small smile. "Hey, babe...." He softly called out.

His girlfriend quickly walked to him, snaking her arms around his neck and giving him a 'hot kiss'.

He, in turn, wrapped his arms around her small waist in surprise, as he saw Tiffany walk away with her head hung low, from the corner of his eyes.

When they finally pulled away, he gave his girlfriend a questioning glance. "What was that for, Bom?" He asked quietly.

She gave him a sly smile. "I just missed you~" She purred.

He shook his head, quickly walking away from the center of the room, leaving Bom all alone. He took his seat beside Jiyoung, behind Yuri and Taeyang.

Jiyoung turned to him with a teasing smile. "'It's only a fling, Ji,'" He scoffed, smirking. "My ."

Seunghyun turned to his friend, shaking his head. "It is." He stated. "You know I don't feel that way towards Bom..."

Jiyoung merely gave him a short glance shaking his head again, before facing forward as their teacher came in.

Seunghyun sighed lowly. "It's a fling...." He said quietly.

The younger man clicked his tongue, leaning back comfortably in his chair. "That's what you keep keep saying, Hyung..." He paused. "Yet you call her your girlfriend..."

Seunghyun shook his head. "Just to make things believeable..."

"Yeah, sure. I get that you're doing this to catch Fany's attention and all, but," Jiyoung turned to his friend. "Don't you think this is going to bite you back in the sooner or later?"

The older man smiled. "Yeah..." He sighed. "But it would all be worth it, if she just starts seeing me differently..."

Ji let out a low whistle. "Careful what you wish for, Hyung...She just might do that...."

Seunghyun merely sighed, slowly shaking his head, understanding what his friend meant.

"Look," Ji whispered. "I don't think it's right for you to play with so many girls' hearts just to achieve your goal." He paused. "Make sure, that playgirl's the last one?" He asked.

Seunghyun gave the younger man a solemn glance, before nodding his head. 

Jiyoung chuckled lightly, playing with the pencil he recently took out. "I know she does worst and deserves a good deflating to her ego and all," He pointed to Bom with his pencil. "But she's still human with a heart. A girl's heart. The most fragile kind, right?"

Seunghyun smirked. "Yeah," He agreed. "I'll stop with her." He promised.

Jiyoung smiled brightly and patted his hyung's back. "Great. The player thing isn't you, at all. We both know that." He smiled.

January 03, 2003

He rolled his eyes, resuming his walk towards his car. "Bom, please...." He scoffed. "I know what you've been doing behind my back. I'm not stupid."

She ran after him, tugging on his arm. "Then I'll stop." She pleaded. "Please, Tabi----I promise."

He sighed, heavily, turning to her. "We both know that's not as easy as you make it sound." He scoffed. 

She sighed, gripping his arm. "I'll change, baby..." She purred. "Just don't leave me..."

Seunghyun was beginning to lose his patience. He gently plucked her fingers off his arm. "Let's just stop this, Bom." He said sternly.

The girl simply glared at him. "You're not breaking up with me because of that, are you?" She scoffed, taking a step back. "At least that's not the real reason...." She paused, hands on her hips, glaring at him. "It's because of her isn't it?"

Seunghyun looked away hands in his pockets. "Who's her?" He deadpanned, actually knowing who she was talking about. 

She scoffed. "Quit playing so innocent, Seunghyun! I've seen you play with that thing around your neck!" She accused. "You'd always space out playing with it, you know?!"

Seunghyun's hand unconsciously made it's way to the necklace hidden in his shirt. It was the missing piece to Tiffany's. A smile made it's way to his handsome face.

"See..." Bom pointed. "It's the exact same one as her's. I've seen it." 

He glanced at her. "You're point?"

She smirked. "You're the one that gave it to her, right? It looks custom made."

He rose a brow at her. "Where are you getting at with this?"

She scoffed. "If you like her so much, why aren't you with her, you coward." 

He was taken aback by her retort. He was speechless. He expected her to yell at him, scream, throw punches, hurt him in any way possible.....but to say what she was saying now? He wasn't sure if she was making fun of him or what.

She scoffed again. "I'm not mad, if that's what you're thinking." She looked around. "Not at you, at least." She mumbled, too quietly for him to hear.

Seunghyun watched her. She was lying. Her face was flustered, keeping in all the anger inside her.

"I'm a playgirl. I can get any boy I want, you know?" She paused. "But I won't say I didn't like you, because I actually did---do."

He stayed quiet, leaning on his car as he watched her, amusedly.

She looked at him with fierce eyes. "Fine." She merely said. "But I broke up with you."

Without another word, she walked away, still very much flustered.

Seunghyun continued watching her for a while more. It was a weird break up, he'll admit that. He never intended for Bom to figure that he liked Tiffany. But what can he do? She actually already knew with all the things she said.

He sighed, a small smile playing on his lips, as he entered his car.

"Seunghyun-Oppa?" She looked surprised. "What are you doing here? Isn't your class all the way at the other end of the campus?"

He merely nodded, taking long strides towards her. "I need to talk to you."

She looked at her phone. "Now? But the bell just rang..."

He shook his head, taking her hands in his. "It's really important, Fany."

"Oh." She paused, looking at him worriedly. "What's wrong, Oppa?"

He smiled. "Nothing's wrong...I just have a question to ask you...."

She stared at him, waiting for him to continue. "What is it?"

He stayed silent for a moment, then confidently spoke. "Would you be my girlfriend?"

She gaped at him, speechless. She blinked a few times, then shook her head. She looked back at him. "Mwo?"

He smiled sincerely. "Let's go out, Tiff...."

Her eyes widened in shock. Was he serious? Was her long-time crush really asking her out? She shook her head. "Are you serious?" She whispered.

He merely nodded, holding her hands tighter. 

She kept staring at him, before withdrawing her hands. She took a step back. "Oppa, class is about to start----"

"I really am serious, Tiff."

She swallowed, looking around. "This isn't funny, Oppa. If Bom-unnie knew----"

"We broke up."

Her eyes widened again. "W-what? Chinja?!"

He merely nodded, smile faltering.

She took a step back, eyes on the ground, as many thoughts ran through her head. Her heartbeat began to thud even faster. She was getting the feeling that he was actually asking her out. On a serious date.

She shook her head. No, he can't. Even if she did like him so much, she won't say yes.....he was a player; Always a different girl in his arms even as he was with Bom.

He sighed. "Tiffany, I'm asking you out on a----"

"I've got to get to class, Oppa." She deadpanned, ready to run towards her class. "Let's just forget that this ever happened, okay?"

Without another word, she quickly walked away, cluelessly leaving him brokenhearted.

August 01, 2004

He smiled, finally seeing her silhoutte from the mansion's front door. He opted to just wait for her there, rather than inside. "You took long, Fany."

She smiled back, rushing to his side. She bowed apologetically. "I woke a bit late. Mianhe..."

He nodded, merely smiling, leading her towards his car. "You sleep during mid-day, now?" He asked as they settled in his car.

She smiled coyly, putting her seatbelt on, running a hand through her brown locks. "I got home really tired, so I thought I'd take a nap, but I ended up sleeping longer."

He chuckled lowly, as he began to drive towards the movies. "Yeah right." He smiled. "I bet you forgot I was taking you out on a date for your birthday."

She turned to him, face flustered. "Ani!" She said defensively. "And this isn't a date, Seunghyun-Oppa!"

Seunghyun grinned, glancing at her shortly. "I'm a boy, you're a girl. I asked you to come out with me. Just the two of us. Going to the movies at 7. And you said 'yes'." He chuckled at her flustered expression. "Sounds like a date to me~" He sang.

"A-aniyo!" She stammered, taking her phone out of her purse.

He looked at her momentarily, as she began to tap her fingers vigorously on the screen. "What are you doing?" He asked.

She looked at him, a small smile gracing her lips. "I'm texting Yuri."

"Why?"

"To accompany us at the movies." She paused. "So the three of us can hang-out."

He chuckled lightly, wearing his bluetooth. Two can play this game, he thought.

She watched him cautiously. "What are you doing?" She asked.

He took a short glance at her before pressing the call button on his phone. "I'm calling Youngbae."

Her eyebrows shot up. "Waeyo?"

He grinned goofily, and without looking at her, he answered. "So we can have a double date; Me, you, him, and his girlfriend----Yuri." He teased.

"Yah, Oppa!" She pouted. "This isn't a date, okay?"

He chuckled, looking at her. "Come on, Tiff. Why do you keep turning me down?" He asked jokingly.

She frowned. "It's just...." She paused, looking away. "Never mind..."

He looked over at her again. The atmosphere immedietly became awkward and uncomfortable. He quickly removed his bluetooth and apologized. "I'm sorry...I didn't mean it that way...."

"No, Oppa. It's okay...." She quietly answered.

He sighed. "I didn't mean things to be so awkward...."

She turned to him, giving him a small smile. "Hey...chill...." She paused, playing with her necklace. "I didn't mean to be so defensive, either..."

He smiled, seeing that she wore the necklace he gave her. "It's fine." He smiled. "But I'm still not giving up....I promised, remember?"

She smiled, shaking her head, and leaning on the window. "Yeah, I remember..." She mumbled quietly.

On her birthday last year, he promised her that he won't give up courting her. Not so easily, at least. She wanted to believe him, but she still wasn't sure. She was just too scared that he'd end up treating her like all the other girls he was with. She liked him a lot, so if that happened to her, she just doesn't know if she could take the pain.

"Thank you for taking me out today, Oppa." She smiled, bowing lightly.

He smiled back. "I'm sorry I didn't get you a present this year...."

She shook her head. "Aniyo! Taking me out to the movies was enough. Don't worry about it too much, Oppa."

His smile brightened as he watched her. "Well, goodnight..."

He was about to walk away when she pulled him back by his arm. He stared at her. "Neh?" He asked. "Is someth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter