Reunion

Fall Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Argh..." She groaned, immediatly sitting up. She looked around briefly as she caressed her head. "Where am I?" She mumbled.

Jay, hearing the young girl wake, quickly kneeled beside her on the couch. "Sica..." He softly called out. "Are you alright?"

She looked at him curiously, before slowly nodding her head. "Where am I?"

He gave her a small smile. "We're still at the hospital, Jess---In Doctor Lee's office." He paused. "He's one of the doctors taking care of her..."

Her eyes widened, the slight headache already forgotten. "Hospital? You mean----" She shook her head, ready to stand. "No..."

He stood next to her, head hung low. "You lost consciousness from the shock earlier...." He paused, looking away. "Right after you saw her.."

"Jay..." She whispered, putting a hand on her best friend's shoulder. "Is it really her? I mean----is it possible that the woman in there is just a doppleganger?"

He shook his head, sighing. "If only..." He mumbled, looking back at her. "It's really her."

Her brows furrowed. "How are you so sure? What makes you say that it's really her?"

He ran a hand through his hair, taking a seat on the couch, before looking at her. "The DNA tests, Jess! It really is her!"

Jessica looked at him sadly, before quietly taking a seat next to him. He was frustrated, she knew why...I mean, who wouldn't be? Specially when you ran over your lost sister?

"Jay.." She began. "Yuri said she was awake earlier..."

He took a glance at her, before scoffing. "Yeah...She was..."

She turned her whole body to him, as he laid back with a glare. "Well?" She softly called.

He leaned forward with a sigh, elbows propped on his knees. "It's complicated..."

She frowned. "Then make it simple."

He turned to her and smirked. "It's not that easy, you brat..." He joked.

She smiled slightly, feeling the heavy air replaced with a lighter one. "Just tell me, Jay."

He leaned back, more relaxed than earlier. "She didn't stay conscious for long..." He paused. "All Yul and I know, is that it's really her..."

"Oppa..." Yuri softly called out. "Seunghyun-Oppa...."

He sighed, not taking his eyes off his wife's pale and unconscious form. "I know, Yul...Just give me a few more minutes..."

She sighed sadly, hearing the pain and yearning in Seunghyun's voice. She turned to leave, "I'll go first, Oppa..."

He simply nodded, as the door shortly opened then closed. He sighed again, shaking his head, hands covering his face as tears threatened to fall.

He's been sitting in that chair, just staring at Tiffany's beaten form, for nearly an hour and half already, ever since Jessica lost consciousness.

"Tiffany..." He whispered, voice croaking, as he held her left hand in his. 

"Tiffany..." He repeated, lifting his tear stained face to her. "I missed you.." He sobbed. "We missed you." He gulped, smiling sligthly. "Min-ah...she's very much like you, Jagiya.."

He paused, wiping his tears. "She loves pink and singing so much, all she does is remind me of you..." He brought her hand higher and kissed it sincerely, as more tears fell. "You should see how much she's grown, Yeobo...you'll be so happy..." He cried.

"W-when you g-get out of here..." He sobbed, her hand still close to his cheeks. "Let's s-start again, alright? I-I'll be a b-better husband..."

He dropped his head immediately as he began to violently cry, still holding her hand tightly, not wanting to let go. "I'll be so so m-much b-better, Fany-ah!"

"Park Jay Beom-ssi.." The elder man began. "I think you should take your brother, home. He was largely affected just seeing his supposedly dead wife." His brows furrowed. "I'm afraid the stress would take a toll on him."

The younger man merely nodded as he quietly entered the room, the younger girls following closely behind. He watched silently from the end of the hospital bed, as Seunghyun quietly cried his heart out, holding Tiffany's pale hand.

Yuri was the first to speak, breaking the silence. "Oppa..." She took a step closer to the man. "We think you should go back home..."

Seunghyun looked away, hands slightly tightening around Tiffany's. "I don't think I can.." He whispered.

Jessica frowned, taking a step towards the two. "It's getting late, Oppa. I'm sure Min-ah's waiting for you at home...."

He slowly looked at them, troubled. "Min-ah.." He mumbled. "She'll be so happy..."

Before any of the girls replied, Jay cleared his throat and spoke. "Come on, Seunghyun." He began. "You'll need some rest after today..."

Seunghyun looked at his brother in law. "I still don't know, Hyung." He looked at the unconscious woman. "How can I just leave her, now?"

The elder man sighed, taking a step forward and putting a reassuring and on the younger man's shoulder. "You can visit her tomorrow...Hopefully by then, she'll be awake..."

The young man frowned, debating on whether to stay or go. He looked at Tiffany's sleeping form once more, before nodding and standing up. "I'll come back tomorrow then..." He mumbled as he began to walk away.

Jessica, Yuri, and Jay watched him exit the room, before following suit. By the time they got outside, Seunghyun had already made his way to the elevator.

Yuri shook her head, thinking, as they walked into the hallways. "Something doesn't feel right..." She mumbled.

Jay sighed, hanging his head low. "I agree..."

Jessica looked at them curiously. "What do you mean?"

Her best friend looked at her momentarily. "Everything, Jess..."

"This whole thing..." Yuri added. "It feels..." She trailed, thinking of the right word.

"Too complicated." Jay frowned. "Like, everything's just too good to be true.."

Yuri simply nodded, as Jessica sat down, listening to them. "Were missing something....it's just too simple..."

Jessica scoffed. "Simplicity's good enough, as long as she's back, right?"

They were silent.

"Why are you two getting so worked up? Nothing's wrong..." She paused. "In fact, everything's going right again...."

"Daddy!!" The little girl yelled happily, running to her father.

Seunghyun inwardly gasped, seeing his daughter so wide awake. He carried her, embracing her tightly. "Min-ah..." He began. "Why are you still awake?"

She simply smiled at him. "Last night, you promised you were going to read me a story!"

He smiled weakly. "Oh, is that right?"

She nodded happily. "I was waiting for you to tell me a bedtime story, daddy!"

Seunghyun looked up to Ajhumma Bae, who resided by his daughter the whole day, with pleading eyes.

The elder woman bowed her head gently, walking towards the father and daughter.

"Min-ah..." She began, as the little girl quickly turned to her. "It's been a long day. I'm sure your father is in need of sleep..."

The little girl looked at her father thoughtfully, before raising her arms to her nanny, asking the elder woman to carry her.

After transferring to the elder woman's arms, Min-ah looked at her father with a weak smile, as he stood tired and stress out. "Ajhumma Bae is right, Daddy...You look really really tired!"

Seunghyun gave his daughter a small smile, leaning down to kiss her, then patting her head, gently. "I'm sorry, Sweetie..." He began. "Maybe tomorrow, okay?"

The little girl smiled happily once more, at the new promise. "Okay!" Sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter