Beating the Odds

Fall Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey guys! An early update for you <3 As a thanks for all the comments, subscriptions, and the one upvote! I was really happy and overjoyed when I saw it! So please don't be a silent reader! Tell me your thoughts!

Enjoy!

She walked the busy streets, still looking for a job. She passed by several possible ones, but ended up with nothing. So she decided to window shop.

It was when she was looking at a beautiful dress, that she had accidentaly bumped into someone. "Oops! Sorry! I'm so sorry----"

The man quickly smiled and waved his hands. "Aniyo. It's fine. Don't worry." 

She looked up to him, and smiled shyly. "Again, mianhe..." She bowed. "I wasn't looking at where----"

"Hey!" The man laughed. "I said it's fine, don't worry about it, alright?" He smiled.

Her smile brightened. "Kumawo..."

He gave her another look. "You're not from around here, are you?"

Her eyes widened, as she shook her head. "Aniyo....I just moved here a few days ago, actually...."

"Ah!" He snapped his fingers, his smile never fading. "No wonder you're so unfamiliar!"

She laughed nervously. "N-neh..."

"Hmmn..." The man hummed, still smiling. "So, what's your name?"

She smiled again. "Tiffany. Tiffany Hwang." She paused, offering her hand. "And your's?"

He took the hand shake and smiled. "Nichkhun. Nichkhun Horvejkul."

"Pleasure to make your acquaintance, Nichkhun-ssi!"

"Please," He laughed. "Call me 'Khun'."

She laughed lightly. "Khun-ssi!"

He leaned back in his seat, drink in hand, as he glanced at her. "When did you come back?"

Unlike him, she leaned forward across him, elbows propped on her knees as she played with the glass of alcohol. Keeping her eyes on the glass, she answered him nonchantally. "A few hours ago, then I came here."

He took a sip from his drink before looking at her again. "Where's your things?"

She chuckled lightly. "So observant..." She quietly commented.

He stayed silent, waiting for an answer.

She sighed, leaning back. "It's at my place."

"How'd it get there?"

"Jay picked me up from the airport, then dropped my things off at my place."

"Oh?" He rose a brow, chuckling deeply, nearly drunk as it was already his seventh glass that night. "So he came here?"

She merely nodded, looking away from her friend. 

He leaned forward, elbows propped on his knees. "He actually came here..." He scoffed. "Did Min-ah see him?"

She shook her head. "She doesn't even know he dropped me off..."

He sighed. "Enough about that." He leaned back. "How are you, Jessica?"

Jessica gave him a small smile. "I've been better...."

He looked at her stupidly. "How come?"

She gave him a troubled look. "....she's gone..." She whispered.

He quickly downed his 8th round, before looking away. "It's been a year, Sica. It's time to move on..."

She slowly shook her head. "I-I...I can't believe it....There's a part of me that wants to believe that, but the other part---"

"The other part's the one up in the clouds." He snapped. Just like the woman in front of him, there's also a part of him that's saying she's still out there----alive. But it's time to diminish that unreasonable and unrealistic thought.

"Seunghyun...." She softly called out. "She could still be alive; There was no body----"

"Exactly." He cut her off, eyes b with tears. "No body. No turn ups----at all."

She looked at him sadly. "I'm sorry...."

She stared at him for a long time, before speaking. "What have you got to gain by ignoring them, Jay? I mean, isn't it better to reconnect with what's left of your sister?"

He quickly took a short glance at her, before looking back on the road. "I've told you, Yul." He sighed. "I just need more time."

She rolled her eyes, looking out her window, watching the rain slowly stop. They were now on their way to the Choi Mansion to pick Jessica up. The girl called as soon as Yuri reached her destination, and they decided to pick her up together in Jay's car.

"Look." She began. "Min-ah is growing quickly and Seunghyun is devastated." She looked at him, as his grip on the steering wheel tightened. "She needs all the family she could get and he needs help...." 

He gradually slowed the car, before glancing at her once more, longer than before. He sighed. "Let me guess." He paused. "That's all me?"

She chuckled lightly, withdrawing her hand. "Yes. That's all you. So, will you do it?"

He chuckled as well, nodding his head. "Yeah..." He heaved, looking back to the road. "I'll do it." He smiled.

She beamed at him brightly. "So were going to stay there longer, right!? I want to play with Min-ah, too!"

He chuckled again, ruffling her hair, as he took a look at her. "Arrasseo, arrasseo----"

Before he could finish what he was saying, his car made contact with someone walking the streets. He agitatedly pulled his car to a complete stop, as Yuri quickly ran out of the car. 

The two ran out with horrified expression

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter