Truth

Fall Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"It's the eighth time this month, Doctor Lee..." He paused, running his hand down his face exasperatedly. He shook his head frustratingly, propping his elbows on his knees. "She's getting scared..." He frowned. "I'm getting scared."

The doctor leaned back in his chair, an elbow propped on the arm rest as the other caressed his chin, thinking. "It's going to happen eventually, Mr. Choi." He paused, leaning on his desk. "It's simply the inevitable."

He sighed. "I know. It's just..." He paused, biting his lip uncertainly. "I'm not ready." He admitted.

The elder man gave him a meaningful smile. "How much time do you need? It's already three months since her discharge."

He clicked his tongue, leaning back comfortably in his chair. "And every single day has been nerve wracking to me..."

The doctor simply smiled. "She'll remember everything sooner or later..." He paused. "She'll remember all the love the two of you have shared over the years..."

Seunghyun simply looked out the window, a frown marring his features. He closed his eyes, taking a deep breath. "She'll remember everything; every fight and the very reason why she ran away...."

Silence loomed over them, as neither refused to speak.

Doctor Lee finally sighed. "You had a party last night, didn't you? How was she then?"

"We both saw some old faces...." He solemnly smiled. "She reconnected with old friends and such....She was happy."

The elder man furrowed his brows. "That's what most likely triggered last night's trip down memory lane."

"Yeah..." He sighed. "Should I have done that? Let her meet friends and other people?"

Doctor Lee stayed silent, waiting for him to continue.

"What if they find out and tell her?" He frowned.

The elder man smiled softly. "They'll have to do a lot of searching and digging to figure everything out." He paused. "I doubt anyone would do it though, and I absolutely doubt that anyone would even dare. You're Choi Seunghyun. That's a big name. Too big to mess with."

Seunghyun chuckled lightly. "I guess you're right..." He said quietly. "There are only a few who knows, mostly family and close friends....." He smiled at the older man. "And I trust each and every one of you."

The doctor smiled widely. "You trust me. Why is that? I doubt you would call me a 'friend', and I most definetly am not family."

Seunghyun returned the smile. "You're like my father's brother, Doctor Lee. You've also welcomed my first born into this world." He paused. "You've done so much things for my family and me, that even real family cannot level up to." He grinned. "Of course I trust you."

"Yuri-ah...." A voice softly called out. "Yuri..." He repeated, taking a moment just to stare at the woman's tear-stained face.

He frowned. What exactly happened last night? He thought.

Just before he could think or say any more, the woman stirred awake, eyes squinting at the sudden direct contact with the sun's rays.

"Seungri?" She mumbled, struggling to sit up, as she held her head in pain. "Where am I?" She asked.

He simply smiled, putting the water and medicine down on the bedside table, as he helped her up. "You're at my place. You told me you didn't want to go home last night, remember?"

Her pretty face scrunched up momentarily, before frowning. "Oh, yeah..." She bit her lip. "Thanks..."

He looked at her, worriedly. "You drank more than two bottles of alcohol last night." He said. "What's wrong?"

She gave him a small smile. "Just got a little crazy, I guess....It was a party, afterall..."

He frowned. "You were crying when I found you."

She sighed. "Two bottles, you say? Why didn't you stop me?"

"More than." He corrected. "And you scratched and bit me, saying it was your last glass, but continued to down even more." He smiled. "I had to drag you out of the mansion."

She ran a hand through her dark locks. "Thanks, then..." She mumbled. "I'm surprised I'm not puking my guts out..."

"Yet." He smirked. "You're not puking your guts out yet."

She rolled her eyes. "Is that medicine?" She asked, eyeing the small packet on the bedside table.

He nodded, handing it to her. "It's for your hangover." He smiled. "Thought you might want it."

She smiled back. "I do!" She cried. "Thank you!"

He sat at the end of the bed, waiting for her to finish. "You haven't told me what happened."

"Because nothing happened."

He rolled his eyes. "You were crying your eyes out last night, and nearly drank yourself to death; nothing happened, eh?"

She simply stared at him, making him blush and look away.

"Noona----" He began, only to be cut off by her standing up. "Where are you going?"

She gave him a small smile. "I should go home, Seungri." She paused. "I've been too much of an inconveniece to you, as it is."

The young man quickly stood up. "Aniyo." He began. "It's what friends are for, right?" 

Yuri chuckled lightly. "Yeah, true enough." She smiled. "Thank you..." She said, turning on her heel to leave.

Seungri simply stood still in his spot, watching as Yuri leave his flat. He sighed, running a hand down his face, frustratedly. "Aish...." He frowned. "You really expect me to believe you cried for no reason, huh?"

He shook his head, walking towards his bathroom.

"Tabi." Tiffany called out endearingly, welcoming her husband with a loving kiss. "Where'd you run off to, so early in the morning?"

He smiled at her lovingly, happily returning her kiss. "I had to go fix some things at work." He lied. "Someone in the HR Department mixed up some paperwork."

She rose a brow. "They called you in just for that?"

"Well," He began, removing his coat. "It was important paperwork."

Tiffany nodded. "Oh, well did you fix it?"

"Of course." He smiled.

"That's good." She smiled, taking his hand in hers as she led him to their living room. "Someone came to pay a visit, actually."

Seunghyun looked about curiously, following his wife's lead. Before he could ask who came, they arrived at their living room. He simply stood, a bit shocked to see her.

"It's Bom-unnie!" Tiffany grinned. "She said she's got some business to talk with you about." She paused, looking at the timid older woman. "I'll go ahead first. I want to drop Minah off school, today." She smiled, giving him a peck on the cheek.

He smiled back, reluctantly letting go of her hand. He looked back to his guest, gesturing for her to follow him to his office.

They sat in silence, as her eyes wondered around nervously.

"Is there anything I can help you with, Ms. Park?" He began. "Or are you simply going to yell at me again?"

Bom looked up with wide eyes. "I-I..." She paused, sneaking a look at the closed door. "How?" She whispered.

Seunghyun simply huffed, waiting fo her to continue.

"I-I thought she w-was----" Before she finished, she was cut off by his lingering glare.

"She's fine, now." He stated. "Is there anything I can help you with?"

She stayed silent.

He simply waited.

She sighed. "The job..." She began. "It was completely wrong of me to say such things." She paused. "I was careless and selfish, even my own resignation was on impulse."

He listened quietly, not saying a single word.

She looked up to him, with a sigh. "I'm sorry." She said. "If you'd permit it....." She bit her lip. "I'd like to work for you again...."

He furrowed his eyes. "Why?" He asked. "After I told you that I've practically only used you, you want to work for me again?"

Bom sighed, sitting herself on a nearby chair. "It's the only job where I feel safe." She paused, nearly muttering her following words as she diverted her gaze to the carpeted floor. "The people I've worked for so far have only looked at my body....."

Seunghyun sighed, finally giving the woman a small smile. "Are you sure you want to work for me again?" He smiled. "After everything?"

"Of course!" She smiled, relieved.

He leaned back in his chair. "Then, you've got it." He paused. "My new assistant can't even talk to me properly." He grinned. "Always stuttering and getting flustered."

After sharing a laugh, a comfortable silence looms over them.

She chuckled lightly. "You know...." She began, earning his full attention. "When I went to the interview to be your assistant, my motives were completely pure...."

He stayed silent, only giving her a soft smile.

"Tiffany and I became so close, and I had no intentions to ruin our relationship." She smiled. "So, I've always thought of you just as a friend." She paused, her smile faltering. "But then, she left....and I felt angry at her for leaving you and Minha, and....those feelings just resurfaced..."

He simply smiled.

She looked up, meeting his eyes. "I'm sorry."

"It's alright, now." He said. "I understand, but how do you feel, now?"

She chuckled again. "Don't worry, I wouldn't have come here to ask for the job if I hadn't settled that once and for all."

"So, we're good, now?" He grinned. "You won't come after me again?"

She rolled her eyes. "We are, and I won't." She paused, leaving the silence loom over them once more, before she catches his eyes once more. "I'm glad we're friends again." She smiled.

He simply nodded.

"Seunghyun...." She began. "Tiffany....she...." She stopped, lost for words.

He smiled. "I'll tell you."

FLASHBACK...

 

Seunghyun rushed out of the room, flustered and panicking. "Damn it!" He muttered, running a hand thrrough his dark locks. "What the hell happened last nigh-----"

 

RINNNNGGGG!!! RIIINNNGGGGG!!!

 

He stopped, fishing for his phone in his pocket. He quickly answered it, not knowing who the caller was. "Hello?" He answered, trying to hide his shaking voice.

"Seunghyun?" It was a woman's voice. A woman he knew well. "Are you okay? Are you running or something? It sounds like you're panting...."

He paused, examining himself, quickly realizing that he was panting. "Yeah," He said, running a hand through his locks, once more. "I'm actually on my way to the airport, now, Bom."

There was a pause on the other line. "Mwo?" She calmly asked. "This early in the morning?"

"Yeah."

"You're going home, right?" She asked, feigning innocence.

He heaved a breath. "Of course, where else am I going this early in the morning?" He chuckled. "Tiffany called. It sounded like she had something urgent to tell me..."

"Ah..." She replied, smiling widely as she recalled her earlier phone call with Tiffany that morning. The news the younger woman told her, caught her off guard, but excited her to no end. "Did something happen?" She asked, still feigning innocence.

He sighed. "I hope nothing bad." He admitted. "I've got enough trouble on my plate, as it is...." He muttered.

"Mwo?"

"Ah, nothing."

"Hmmn.....How are you feeling?" She asked. "When I left the bar last night, you were still drinking to the night's end." She chuckled. "Don't you have a hangover?"

Hearing her words, a sharp pain struck in his head. He groaned. "Not until you mentioned it...."

She laughed from the other end of the line. "Ahh, chinja?! Sorry!!" She paused, laughing. "Did you even reach your room last night?"

He quickly looked back behind him, grimacing, before resuming his walk. "Yeah....But I don't think I want to know how...."

Fortunately, she didn't hear the last part. "Ahhhh.....chinja...." She heaved, breathing in. "Well, sorry for leaving all of a sudden last night, but I had to take the call and the bar was too noisy-----"

"Don't worry." He said. "You don't have to explain."

"Hmmn." She hummed, nodding from the other end of the line. "I've got to go, and I think you do, too. You've got to catch your flight out, right?"

He merely hummed back, confirming so.

"Be safe and greet Tiffany for me, will you?"

"Neh, arrasseo."

Seunghyun's eyes opened wide, waking him from his sudden trip down memory lane. He held his head, as he sat up right. He sighed, glancing at the clock.

"5:40 already?" He mumbled, looking around his home-office. "Did I sleep that long?"

Just as he was getting ready to stand up, the door opened and entered his wife.

"Seunghyun?" She called out, pausing by the door frame. "Up already?"

He nodded, sitting back down. "Why didn't you wake me?"

Tiffany smiled gently, closing the room behind her, as she held out the blanket she brought. "You were sleeping well, for a change." She paused, walking over to him. "I thought I'd let you be, and let you get some rest."

He smiled back, tugging on her hand, as she sat comfortably on his lap. "Thank you." He began, placing a gentle kiss on her cheek. "But the sleep I get beside you, is enough."

She glanced at him, smile growing wider, as she wrapped his arms around her waist. "Hmmn...." She hummed. "You're getting rusty with your pick-up lines, Tabi..."

He bit back his smile. "'Pick-up lines'? I was only trying to be sweet to my loving and beautiful wife." He paused. "What's wrong with that?"

"Nothing, I guess." She laughed, shaking her head.

Soon, they were enveloped by a comfortable silence, as they basked and enjoyed each other's company.

"Why?" She began.

He furrowed his eyes. "Why what?"

She sat up, fixing her position, to face her husband as she buried her head on the crook of his neck. "Why aren't you getting much sleep?"

He chuckled lightly, running his hand up and down her slightly exposed thigh, endearingly. "Do you have any idea how hard it is for a guy to sleep beside someone as gorgeous as you, and not be ab

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter