Chapter Eight - Somi and L Joe

[HIATUS] Unbelievable Dream

Woojin's POV

"Phoenix Sisterhood is a brand new 12-girl band said to rival SNSD. Their versatility in music is keeping them popular with men and women alike!" chirped the live streaming from my laptop. I rolled my eyes. Of course. Now that they have Sonnie, they became famous. Tch. "Na Somi, Phoenix Sisterhood's main vocal, says a few words to our camera in English." My heart skipped a beat when I saw her appear on screen. Sonnie sat awkwardly in her seat, looking adorably nervous. I was instantly reminded of when we first met. There she is. What did I say? Popular.

"Somi-ssi, how is it in Phoenix Sisterhood? Do you think that they have become popular due to your presence?" After clearing once, Sonnie spoke clearly in English. "No. I think that they would've made it without me. I think of myself as a part of their number. I owe it to them that I am now at this point. There wouldn't be a me without them."

"Can you repeat that in Korean, please?" chuckled the interviewer. Sonnie repeated everything in almost perfect Korean. She's only been here for two weeks! How could her Korean have gotten so much better since her arrival? Impossible! Is it also because I taught her Korean while she was training for the competition? Wow, she didn't even thank me before leaving for Seoul.

I grabbed my mouse irritably and 'X'ed off the interview. The MC's voiced clipped at, "Somi."

"This is ridiculous," I muttered. I got out of my chair and flopped myself onto my bed. I rolled over to my left side and stared at the white wall in front of me. I let my thoughts turn back to when I first learned that Sonnie became a member of Phoenix Sisterhood.

~:~:~:~:~

After welcoming Sonnie into their dorm the first night, Cho Minhee met me in the Phoenix Lounge with a bounce in her step and relayed the news to me. All I could do was sit there sipping a duyu (*soymilk) and listen her jabber.

"Omo, Byunghun, you should've heard her voice! It was the best! Even better than Eunhee's! I mean, I feel bad for Eunhee, but still... We will win this year's competition for sure! Assa (*Yes)!" She pumped her fist in triumph. But, I was quick to rain on her parade.

"How many times did I tell you to not call me Byunghun? I have to stay here for two more years, so quit it, alright! No one can know that I'm L Joe! And look, the competition is next week. In fact, in five days!!! How is she going to be ready before the big day?" I scowled. I can't be L Joe for the next two years, so leave me be, Noona! Don't remind me that I'm Lee Byunghun. I am Ma Woojin until my senior year, dammit!

Minhee pouted. "What does it matter if she isn't ready? She's proficient enough! Her singing will blow everyone away. She's not that great at dancing, but it won't be noticed, anyway. Why do you have to be so sour about everything?"

"I'm not sour about everything! It's just that you expect her to be ready in five days. And you guys will be doing an original song, too."

"Why can't you just be positive that we will make it? Ugh, you are such a meanie."

She stuck out her tongue at me and stomped back to her suite. Tch, such a drama queen!

I sat back in my seat and scowled. Sonnie's face swam before my eyes, smiling sweetly. I felt a burning sensation in my chest and rubbed furiously at it. It was no use at all; the sensation refused to go away. Judging by Minhee's competitive personality, I was sure that Sonnie would leave after her first day. I grunted with irritation and trudged up to my dorm room.

~:~:~:~:~

I gave a start when I heard a pounding on my door. Thump, thump, thump!

"What do you want?!" I yelled at the stranger.

Thump, thump, thump!

"Alright! I'm coming, I'm coming! Geez, you are so--" I said as I unlocked and swung open my door. Oh, .

"What do I want? Gosh, I just wanted to thank you for all of your help..." said Sonnie. Or Somi.

"Oh, ok. W-what did you have in m-mind?" I stammered nervously. Don't act like this now, Lee Byunghun, you wuss!

She took a step towards me and said, "Thank you for everything, Woojin. I don't think all of this would have happened if it weren't for you."

Then, she kissed me right there on my lips. Somehow, I ended up pulling her deeper into the kiss and simply melted. I watched her eyes flutter to a close and our lips molded perfectly with each other. Why does this feel... right?

When we pulled away from each other, we were both breathless. We stared into each others' eyes for a moment. My heart...

"What just happened?" Somi asked. I glared accusingly at her.

"What just happened?! You just kissed me, babo (*fool)!" I snarled without much venom. Oh, man, I'm becoming soft! All because of this girl!

"No, you kissed me as well! I don't even know why I feel this way about you! I'm supposed to be happy that Yesung-oppa kissed me, but I'm not! In fact, I'm angry that my first kiss wasn't by you! I've been thinking about you ever since the first day when I tried to guess who you really were and... Your smirk and plush lips and warm and piercing eyes and your soft hair..." She rambled. I smirked. She's so cute when she rambles...

Then, I replayed what she just said and I frowned. I could already feel my hopes crumbling. I put my pointer on her lips. "Wait, what? You kissed Yesung-sunbae? THE Yesung-sunbae from Super Junior?"

She smiled sheepishly. "Ah, yeah... We kissed right after our joint performance with them onstage. But... I didn't feel the fireworks I had dreamt about for the past two years. I suddenly wished at that moment that I wanted him to be... YOU."

I was dumbfounded. Sonnie, the most beautiful, most popular member of Phoenix Sisterhood had replaced her crush of two years with ME. It was hard for me to grasp that fact. I her cheek tenderly. "You replaced him with me?"

She grinned that adorable shy grin of hers and nodded. "Weird, huh?"

I widened my eyes and replied, "No, no! Not at all! Do you know how long I've waited to share this kind of moment with you? Do you even have an idea how much I like you?"

"You... you like me?"

"Well, it's more like... LOVE you." I paused. Do I REALLY love her? I gazed into her eyes and felt warmth spread through my body. I smiled contently. Yes. Yes, I do.

"You... LOVE me? I love you, too!" She said enthusiastically and a little too loudly. She stopped to make sure that no one was around, then turned to me and gave me a peck on the cheek. There was a pause as we smiled happily at each other. Then, "Oh, right! I just remembered who you look like! You look like L Joe from Teen Top! Isn't that interesting?"

I stiffened at this. She was observant. How she guessed perfectly who I was was beyond my understanding. I smiled tentatively and decided to play with her. "I look like him? Who is that? L Joe? Isn't that a weird name to be called?"

She frowned defensively. "What? NO!!! Of course not! He's a member of Teen Top! He's my FAVORITE member of Teen Top!" I perked up at her response. I'm her favorite member of Teen Top??? "Just because you look like him doesn't mean that you have to disregard his name. I think his name is cool!"

"Woah, hold on for a moment! You don't have to get so defensive. So what if he's your favorite member? Shouldn't I matter to you more?" I said with a smirk. She narrowed her eyes at me.

"You know, I should just go back to Seoul right now and never come back. How would you like that?" I stopped smirking when she spun around to leave. I rushed to the door and blocked her way out.

"Where do you think you're going?"

"I'm leaving! Apparently, you don't seem to care about my favorite member--"

"Yeah, I don't. Because it's YOU I love, not HIM."

She paused for a moment and studied my face. She got so close that our noses were literally an inch apart, making me back away instinctively. "W-what is it?"

"You're hiding something from me, aren't you?"

"N-no!" I stammered. She gave me look of disbelief. "What could I be hiding from you?"

"Maybe the fact that you ARE L Joe?" She suggested quietly. I widened my eyes at this.

"Why would--?"

"Don't lie to me, Woojin! Or, should I say Byunghun? You look exactly like him! From those piercing eyes to those crooked lips to your angular jawline! It's hard for me to forget a face like his! How can you look EXACTLY like him and NOT be him??? That's impossible and you know it!" She folded her arms across her chest, refusing to let go of her suspicions.

I sighed. I knew that she wasn't going to give up. Hiding my true identity for any longer would only make me look like a fool in front of her. I swallowed hard and took in a deep breath. "You're right."

Her face fell. She probably wasn't expecting me to agree with her. "What did you say?"

"I said that you're right. I'm him."

There was silence as she stared at me in disbelief. "But, you just--"

"I'm L Joe. Isn't that what you wanted to hear?"

"Is that really the truth? If it is, then why are you here and not promoting with Teen Top?" she inquired quietly. I heaved another sigh.

"Because I told Top Media that I wanted to finish schooling before I continue promoting. I mean, I will be going to practices and performing at concerts with them, but I'm not going to go on promotions with them. I only have two years left until I graduate." I smiled softly at her. "It looks like you know my little secret, now."

She bowed her head. I couldn't tell if she was crying or not, but her sniffling indicated just that. I was startled by her actions. I'll never understand women. How am I supposed to console her like this?

"Sonnie?" I reached out to her, in an attempt to comfort her, but what she did next stopped me in my tracks.

"I'm sorry. But, I can't decide whether or not to be star-struck right now." She lifted her head and grinned. I let out a laugh of relief.

"You're not mad at me?"

"Why would I be mad at you? All of this is so convenient! I like you in real life, as Ma Woojin, but you end up being L Joe, my favorite member of Teen Top! Isn't that interesting? If you were in my shoes, would you remain angry at me for long if I said that I was, say--" She paused. I knew she was going to refer to a famous female celebrity. I stopped her by taking her hand.

"You are Somi now, Sonnie. She is your celebrity-self. Don't think anything different." I smiled at her and pulled her in for a tight hug. "I can't believe that you like me."

I could feel her suprise before seeing her face. She looked up at me. "What? You can't believe--? What are you talking about? You are L Joe! How can you NOT believe--?"

"Do you know that you are the most popular member out of Phoenix Sisterhood?" I asked quietly. She stood in front of me in stunned silence.

"No, I didn't know that..."

"Well, you are. So... That means that I have to make sure that you are mine," I smirked.

"What do you mean...?" She looked at me, completely horrified.

"Being a celebrity entitles that your 'private life' will no longer be 'private.' There will be male fans, Sonnie. You have to keep that in mind," I explained. She bit her bottom lip and rubbed the back on her neck in contemplation, making me chuckle. I bent down and caught her lips, taking her by surprise. I closed my eyes as I tasted her lips and allowed that warm sensation to coarse through my body again. I pulled out of the kiss and smiled while she gave a shuddering sigh. "Now, you're mine, right?"

"I-I... I guess..." Her cheeks flushed a pleasant shade of pink. I thought of how male fans and celebrities would find that blush adorable and I stopped smiling. I lifted her chin up so that she could look at me.

"And that means no fanboys. No celebrities, either." She widened her eyes at my stern request. When I realized how possessive I sounded, I cleared my throat. "I'm sorry, Sonnie. I didn't mean for it to come out that way. It's just that, you're a celebrity, now. I don't want you to..." 

"I know... It's just... Unbelievable, you know?"

"Yeah, I know."

"It's like... My unbelievable dream is coming true. And also, L Joe from Teen Top likes me!" She whispered excitedly. I broke out into laughter.

It's more unbelievable that YOU like me, Sonnie.

*****Hey, all! I'm so sorry it took so long for me to update, but here is the revision for Chapter Eight! Enjoy! :)*****