Chapter Three - On the Plane

[HIATUS] Unbelievable Dream

It was HIM. I didn't know how, but it was HIM. Yesung, in all his splendor.

His roughly chopped hair stuck out wildly, almost wind-blown-like. His pale skin glowed under the flourescent light above his seat, giving him an ethereal look. From his cute asian eyes that mirrored mine to his full, plush lips, it was hard for me to digest the fact that I was sitting next to the guy I had been dreaming about for two years.

His adorably small hands reached up, making me gasp in anticipation. But, it was only to take off his earphones.

"Was I too loud? Mianhae (*I'm sorry)." And he went back to his iPod and sang softly.

Dazed and blank, a million thoughts were crossing my mind. Did he just speak to me? Can I even memorize the words he said? Did he just speak Korean to me? Or was it English? How am I supposed to remember all of this? Will I ever forget? His breath smells like... McDonalds. Did he have that for dinner today? Is Super Junior in this plane???

After the last thought, I whipped my head around, looking for the other members. And I found them all. Scattered throughout the room. Leeteuk, Eunhyuk, and Shindong snored and drooled together in the front, (in that order) the heads of Eunhyuk and Shindong on Leeteuk. The two maknaes, Ryeowook and Kyuhyun chatted sofly in the front right corner. Siwon and Sungmin were fast asleep in the middle of the room. Donghae and Heechul were playing Kawi-Bai-Bo in the far right row. So, why was Yesung all by himself?

Maybe he wanted isolation, I had no idea. How was I going to tell HIM that I wanted to sing onstage with them? Just when I opened up my mouth to say something, Yesung tapped me on the shoulder.

I looked at him so fast, I cricked my neck. Ouch!

"Oh! Gwaenchana (*Are you okay)? I was just going to ask if you had a pen." He was speaking Korean. Definitely Korean. So, how am I able to understand him?

"Uh, nae. Gwaechanayo (*I'm okay). You need a pen? Um, here." I presented to him a ballpoint pen, which was probably tacky in his eyes. When he made a grab for the pen, his forefinger brushed my hand and sent an electrical current through my body and straight to my heart. Woah!!! What was that? Did he feel it too? I looked shyly at him to see if he felt it, too. He wasn't writing anything, and his hand was still stuck in same place as where he took the pen from me. Omo (*Oh, my)! He must've felt it, too!!! Eotteokae (*What should I do)?!

~:~:~:~:~

I felt something. I didn't know what it was. It jolted straight to my heart and instantly filled me with joy. Igae mwohya (*What is this)? I haven't felt this joyful since a visit to my mom's house last year. Who is this girl with the sleepy/puppy dog looking eyes and button nose? She smells nice, something fresh like mint or cucumber. Whoever she is, I want to get to know her. But, why? Only one way to find out.

~:~:~:~:~

"What is your name?" He asked, while writing down some sort of number combination. Omosesange (*Oh, my goodness)! Is he about to give me his number?

"S-s-sonnie K-kay." I stuttered. My nerves couldn't keep still. Even my hands were shaking.

"Somi? Are you Korean?" He kept writing, but then, the numbers turned into hangeul.

Omigosh, he thinks I'm Korean! Eotteokae? EOTTEOKAE??? "Um, no... I'm not Korean."

"Oh, I see." I stared at his tiny hands that scribbled endlessly on a piece of paper. I wonder if that's for me...

"Yesung-ssi...?" I wanted to get his attention, but I had no idea how.

"Hm?" He said, still scribbling away.

"Why are you all alone?" He stopped writing to look at me. Gosh, those eyes can melt anyone with just a glance!

"Waeyo (*Why)? Hm... Well, everyone is off in pairs. And, I'm basically the only one awake. I was also the last one on the flight, so the other guys were sleeping already." He looked sad when he said that he was the last one on the plane. I just wanted to pinch his cheeks and call him, "Yesungie!!!" However, he would've been bewildered by that... So all I did was sit there and bite my lower lip.

~:~:~:~:~

I couldn't tell her that the reason why I was alone. It was because I didn't want to speak to anyone. Today's variety show made me into a fool. I cried too much in front of the cameras... Eomma (*Mommy)... Gosh, I just didn't want to let out my steam to the guys.

I looked up at Somi. Her short, wavy, raven hair made her head look large. But, the shape of her face was nice and her skin looked really soft. She seemed so tired. Maybe I should put a blanket over her... Stop it, Kim Jongwoon! We don't even know each other yet!

~:~:~:~:~

I glanced at Yesung again, only to find him staring at me. I swallowed hard.

"What is it, Yesung-ssi?" He just blinked, as if waking up from a trance, and went back to scribbling.

"Oh, nothing, nothing. Just... You look tired. Do you want a blanket?" He said. It seemed like he was trying to avoid my gaze.

"Oh, okay. Sure..." Yesung took off the blanket he was wearing and put it on me. He had another blanket underneath. Wow, he's such a gentleman! So cute!!!

"Thank you," I smiled softly. He returned my smile, but quickly turned away to sleep.

The rest of our flight was spent speaking to each other here and there, nothing major. With my broken Korean and his broken English, we were able to communicate with small talk. During that 10-hour flight, I felt like we took turns at looking, even smiling at each other. When he fell asleep, I lulled myself to sleep, listening to him breathe softly. I could've watched him the entire time, but I ultimately fell asleep for the last two hours of the flight.

When we got to Korea, things were a little different.

*****Sorry for such a long chapter... It got boring at the end. I promise to make it interesting in the next chapter!*****

*****Here's the revision for Chapter 3! Happy Reading!*****