Chapter 5

Tell Me Lies

Kyung just wasn't able to force himself to sleep. He could hardly believe what had happened. Zico actually liked him. But why didn't he ever show it? Was he (Kyung) an embarrassment? His breath caught in his throat when Zico suddenly put an arm around him and held him close while he slept. Snuggling closer to Zico, Kyung felt a sense of calmness, which prompted him to sleep peacefully.

 

Zico awoke at midnight, to the sound of gunshots. It was them. Black Dragon. Without thinking, he picked up the sleeping boy, and dumped him into the cupboard, where he would be safe. He locked the cabin door and pulled out his knife and gun and ran to protect his crew. He fought hard and bravely and managed to kill all of the Black Dragon members who had sneaked on board. He had sustained injuries, but managed not to lose even one shipmate. Gritting his teeth in pain, he proceeded to pull out a dagger from his abdomen, and press a cloth on it to stall the bleeding. He limped to his cabin, and opened the cupboard to let Kyung out.

 

Wide eyed with shock, Kyung jumped out to hold the bleeding Zico. He had to take charge or else that damned stubborn pirate would probably die of blood loss. He dragged him to the bed, and looked around for emergency supplies. There was a bottle of alcohol under the bed, but no clean cloth to dress the wound with. He poured the alcohol on the wound, and tried hard to ignore the screams of pain that he evoked. He held Zico's hand and reassured him that he would be alright. Kyung then tore off his shirt and tied it around Zico's waist. He kissed Zico's forehead, and tousled his hair while the captain fell asleep, exhausted.

 

Kyung had to admit that the captain was extremely brave. He felt really touched that Zico had bothered to protect him. He remembered waking up in what felt like a box. It was a closed space but there was a tiny crack which let him breathe. He had heard the sound of sword clashing, gunshots and people screaming in pain. He could have escaped in the confusion. Or he could have also been captured. But why did Zico hide him? What was going on? Who was the mighty captain Zico afraid of and why? He had to find out what was going on. Somehow. Looking around, he spotted something under the cupboard he was stuffed into. A book with a dirty cover. He bent down, picked it up and opened it. Smiling to himself, he hid it under his pillow to read later. He had found Zico's diary. This would surely be the key to unlocking the mystery of everything that was happening around him.