Chapter 1

Tell Me Lies

 

Park Kyung slowly opened his eyes to find himself tied and chained. The last thing he could remember was trying to steal some food so that he could survive. Had he got caught? How could it even happen, he was always so careful. He felt a warm liquid run down his face, and stuck his tongue out to catch it. It tasted metallic, and he realized that it was his blood. What was going to happen to him now? It was always the death penalty for thieves, but he was too young to die. He looked to the man holding his chains for help, but he just pulled the chain viciously while grinning. That man finally said, 'I've got you finally. I wanted to hang you, but I'm going to do something a lot better. The ship has almost reached. You had better keep praying. You'd soon wish you were dead'. Ship? What was going on? Kyung tried struggling, but he couldn't help the pain that shot through his body. He looked up to the sky and whispered, 'please help me' as the whole world went black.

 

He gained consciousness and looked around to find himself tied to a pole. There were a bunch of scary looking men around him, and he started trembling with fright. The man who had brought him, hit him hard and hissed at him to keep quiet. He whispered, 'Zico is coming. Look sharp'. Kyung looked around for this mysterious person, when he heard all the scary men shushing each other and standing in line. The scariest looking man heard the sound of footsteps approaching, and said, 'Captain Zico, the goods have arrived'. Captain Zico was nothing like what Kyung had imagined him to look like. In fact, he was rather handsome, and seemed to be only a few years older than him (Kyung). He tried not to blush as Zico scrutinized him. Suddenly, he felt a knife at his throat. The man who had captured him said, 'Sir, he may look young, but I promise you that he would be of good use to you'. He then proceeded to cut off all of Kyung's clothes, leaving him and vulnerable.