Chapter 2

Tell Me Lies

After a moment of hesitation, Zico looked into that pitiful boy's eyes. The terror and desperation he saw was just too much for him to bear. Silently cursing himself, he cleared his throat, and threw a bag of gold to the trader, saying 'Send him to my cabin. I can use him'. He knew he was making a mistake, but he felt a strangely fierce protectiveness when one of his crew grabbed that boy roughly and dragged him away. The trader had brought some ivory and diamonds, which were immediately snatched up by his crew and divided into shares. After collecting his share, Zico glared at the trader and demanded to know why the boy was in such a poor state. Quality was the most important thing for him, needless of the nature of the goods. He looked at his right hand mate, saying 'You know what to do', and walked towards his cabin, oblivious to the sound of a gunshot, and a body being tossed into the water.

 

There was only one way for Kyung to survive. He had to make himself indispensable. He looked around the cabin for a way to escape, but the only thing he found was a tattered flag which said 'Red Tigers'. There was one king size bed in there, so he hid himself under the covers, and waited for Zico to arrive. He had to make Zico happy, or else he would find himself swimming with the sharks. It hurt so much. Every inch of his body hurt, but he was still alive. He got out from under the covers when he heard the sound of Zico approaching. He waited near the door, and when Zico entered, he fell to his knees saying, 'Ravish me as you please. I promise I can satisfy you. Please don't kill me'.

 

Without a word, Zico walked to one of the cupboards, took out some clothes and threw them at the shivering boy. He knew that he could have his way with this boy, but something within him wanted to take care of him. He watched, as the boy pulled on the shirt and pair of pants he had given him. When the boy didn't move from the floor, Zico nudged him with his foot saying, 'Hey you, get up. What's your name and how old are you?' The boy stood up painfully and stammered, 'My...my name is Park Kyung and I'm 22 years old'. So, the boy was just three years younger than him. Zico could work with that. Without looking at the boy, Zico muttered, 'You can stay here with me. Food will be provided to you everyday, but you cannot leave this cabin. Ever. Do we have a deal?'

 

Kyung couldn't stop trembling as he murmured, 'Yes, we do'. He watched as Zico lay down on one side of the bed, and gestured to him to lie down. He got under the covers and fell into a dreamless sleep.