Chapter 7

Tell Me Lies

Kyung lay down beside Zico and watched him sleep. There was so much that he wanted to tell him, but couldn't. If Zico knew the truth, he would hate him. But, Kyung couldn't be honest with Zico. Sighing, he closed his eyes, hoping that Zico would never find out. Perhaps he could just tell Zico in a way that he wouldn't understand. No, that just wouldn't work. He jerked awake, and picked up Zico's diary, and wrote his story on a random page. This way, Zico wouldn't be too angry when he found it.

 

Kyung was falling in love with Zico, but their love couldn't be based on a lie. If only Zico loved him too.

 

Zico woke up covered in cold sweat. He had been having nightmares again. It was always the same. Ever since the incident, his nightmares were the same. Each time he closed his eyes, he saw his family getting killed by Jaehyo, the leader of the Black Dragon. He had sworn to take revenge, but had done nothing. It was that boy's fault. When Zico was with him, he felt too happy to think about his impending revenge. He had to get rid of the Black Dragon. It was the only way he could sleep well at night. There was something about the boy that always calmed him down. He Kyung's hair, cuddled closer and fell back asleep.

 

Kyung awoke to find that the ship had anchored in one of the ports. He knew exactly what he had to do. He got out of the ship, and found a pay phone. He called the first number that came into his mind. Then, he returned to the ship before he could be missed. He touched the back of his neck with a sad expression on his face. He felt like he was betraying the man he loved. If only things were different, maybe then he wouldn't have to feel so guilty about what he was doing. He promised himself that he would take care of Zico always. No matter what happened to him, he would protect Zico. Till the very end.