Daebaek and Taoniel: The Confessions

Work. Study. Shop. Stalk. Repeat.

Daehyun liked to think he had nothing to do with Tao and Niel being together. Because If he did then Tao would like to thank him. Tao's method of thanking someone consisted of him purchasing you a gaudy wallet that was his style instead of yours and for a good day or not being such a colossal . Daehyun was an innocent bystander. It was all Baekhyun's fault.

 

It started last year when Daehyun was an innocent freshman and had been in Seoul for a month and got a job in the mall at a music store on the first floor while taking online classes from a university in Busan. There was a boy he had his eye on. Daehyun knew only a select number of tidbits; the boy's name was Baekhyun, he was a sophomore in university, worked the door at the large makeup store on the last level of the mall, and one of his best friends was Tao who worked at the scarf kiosk in front of the music store.

 

Daehyun often saw Baekhyun around. During lunch break Baekhyun would come down and he and Tao would sit on the bench and drink pop. Daehyun had actually talked to Baekhyun once before. Baekhyun had come to buy SNSD's latest album. Daehyun got lucky and was able to be working when Baekhyun bought it. Daehyun remembered seeing Baekhyun all dressed up in fanboy gear. Daehyun asked Baekhyun to listen to the CD well and said he looked nice dressed like that. Baekhyun smiled and said thank you.

 

Most of the time, Baekhyun hung out in front of the store talking to Tao, even when Tao was with a customer or blaring Teen Top. Baekhyun once went to a Teen Top concert in exchange for Tao going to SNSD with him.

 

Thanks to Teen Top, Daehyun had an excuse to better talk to Baekhyun. Teen Top was going to be holding a small performance at the mall and all the music stores in the mall received tickets to sell.

 

One day, Daehyun waited until Tao had excused himself to go to the bathroom and walked out to talk to Baekhyun.

 

“You know about the Teen Top concert right?” Daehyun asked.

 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes. “Of course.”

 

“Tao really likes Teen Top.”

 

“I think everyone in the mall knows. I work on the last level and I can hear Miss Right perfectly.” Baekhyun said.


Daehyun felt like smacking himself. Why was he being like this? Baekhyun probably thought he was an idiot. “I can give Tao the tickets for free. Like the really good tickets.”

 

This captured Baekhyun's interest. “What about meeting them?”

 

“That can be arranged as well.” Daehyun wasn't lying. The mall was even holding a small competition to meet them. Daehyun could easily rig it so that Tao would win.

 

“Well Jung Daehyun-ssi I guess that you and I are now in a pact.” Baekhyun put out his hand for Daehyun to shake.

 

“It's a pleasure doing business with you.” Daehyun said shaking Baekhyun's hand.

 

The setup was simple. Baekhyun stopped Tao from buying the tickets and then on the day of the concert would surprise him with them. Daehyun would rig the meeting competition and Tao would meet Teen Top and the world would be complete. Baekhyun didn't know about this yet but also included in the plan was Daehyun confessing to him.

 

The day of the concert arrived and the whole mall seemed to be waiting to see if Daehyun and Baekhyun were capable of pulling this off.

 

Baekhyun and Tao were hanging around the kiosk and waiting for customers when Tao began to speak. “The mall is dead today because of the concert. I think I'm going to close up and go back home. I'll deal with the boss later.” Tao began putting away the scarves and closing up the kiosk.

 

“Not sticking around for the concert?” Baekhyun asked making sure not to let a smile play on his lips.

 

“No. The universe was against me.” Tao said with a sad sigh.

 

“Oh really.” Baekhyun said pulling out the tickets from his back pocket.

 

Tao grabbed his ticket from Baekhyun's hands and let his jaw drop with a happy look in his eyes. “I love hyung! I love you! I love you! I love you! I love you!” Tao pulled Baekhyun into a hug and continued saying I love yous.

 

Baekhyun chuckled and patted Tao on the back. “No problem but don't forget that you owe me one. I also entered your name in the contest to meet them.”

 

“What? Oh my God, do I even look okay to meet the hyungs?”

 

“You look fine. Let's go see if we can squeeze our way into the front.”

 

Baekhyun had to admit, he did enjoy looking at Tao throughout the concert. Tao looked like such a love-struck panda Baekhyun couldn't help but take plenty of blackmail footage. He just prayed that Daehyun was able to rig the contest. Daehyun had been confident in his ability to rig the contest which would have made Baekhyun concern if it was anyone else but Baekhyun was too busy focusing on how nicely Daehyun filled out his jeans.

 

Teen Top personally read the name of the person who won and Daehyun did come through. Tao was called to meet Teen Top backstage. Baekhyun wished him good luck and Tao calmed himself as he walked backstage.

 

Tao was taken aback by the group. They were even more handsome in real life especially Niel. “Hello, I'm Tao.” Tao could feel his accent getting thicker. 'Control yourself' he thought.

 

Hello we are Teen Top.” Teen Top did their greeting. Niel couldn't stop staring the man in front of him. He looked older than him but Niel couldn't be so sure. Niel knew he was gay and the rest of Teen Top knew as well. He had never had a boyfriend though, he found plenty of guys attractive but he was scared that they weren't gay or if they were and they started dating the media would find out. And Niel had yet to meet a guy he would be willing to risk it for.

 

Do you want a picture?” Niel asked. He wouldn't mind taking a picture with an attractive guy. And it would make a fan happy.

Yes!” OK, Tao couldn't contain his excitement for much longer and fumbled to get his phone out from his pocket.

 

We'll leave you two alone. We'll be back.” Chunji said pushing the other members out.


Niel stood behind Tao and let out a smile as Tao snapped the picture. “It came out really good. Are you a foreigner?”

 

Tao nodded. “Yes. I'm from China.”


“That's cool. Thank you for supporting Teen Top. Do you know where the food court is in the mall.”

 

Yes, I work here actually. Do you want me to show you? Should we wait for everyone else?”

 

No. It's OK if it's just us two. Everyone else can find their way.” Real smooth Niel thought.

 

OK. Let's go.” Tao said with a smile. And people had the nerve to say, he, Huang Zitao acted like a girl. They didn't know anything. Tao could be a manly hyung whenever he felt like it.

 

Daehyun and Baekhyun were outside in the area of the mall where the concert was held although they were standing a distance back from the stage.

“It was a really nice thing what you did to Tao-hyung.” Daehyun said.

 

Tao's a really good friend. You see this necklace?” Baekhyun lifted up the chain around his neck that he always wore to reveal a pendant with a Taurus on it. “Someone gave this Tao but he gave it to me since we're both Tauruses. And I can't forget all the other things he's done for me. This is just a way of saying thank you.” Baekhyun gave a wink. “And an excuse to not have to buy him a birthday present while he has to get me a mega good one.”

 

Daehyun chuckled and his bottom lip. It was now or never. “Baekhyun-hyung, there is something I want to tell you. I like you, I really like you. Will you please be my boyfriend?”

 

Baekhyun smiled. “Yes. I would like to be your boyfriend very much.”