►Reflect The Strom by wintress

♡ bi a n d ca ∞ shop ||REVIEW BATCH ONE||

Reviewer : Sapphire-27 || Story : Click

Title (3/5)
I’m rather sure that as a sentence, reflect the storm means that you:
a) mirror what the storm does
b) think about what the storm does or
c) refuse the storm and gives it a different route

And in this case, the storm is either the feelings or properties that come with the storm (rage, unstable, shifting, loneliness). It matches both Myungsoo’s emotions and Myungsoo himself. I hope I got the interpretation right and if I did, then I’d say congratulations because if you used a metaphor then I’m rather sure you’ve given thought into it. 

I would probably give this story a second glance but would ultimately not read it. 


Originality (3/5)
There are many stories regarding someone killing their beloved. Of course, you can’t really go too far in mixing things up when it comes to the psychological aspects or else it’ll just be an entirely different thing. I would’ve given you lower with how much it’s been done but there’s no such thing as originality in the world and the situation can’t let you make it completely your own.

Description/Foreword (3/5)

Grammar (5/5)

Spelling (5/5)

Punctuation (5/5)

Diction or choice of words (5/5)

I hope you know just how much I think of this as a perfect score. The way you put in the sentences was freaking flawless to me. You gave out hints of him being mentally ill by thinking like him. 

“He’s preserved her,” was the first sign, I recall, that there’s something not quite right with him. And then the whole part with sweetness is just absolute. It can pass off as someone so heart-broken or obsessed.


Vocabulary (4/5)

Characterization (10/10)

Flow (9/10)

I’m not quite sure what it was but there’s just something with how you finished off this story. 

I would’ve preferred if you either stopped it at the first chapter or made a third or continue the second. 

The first chapter made a huge impact already, obviously. It would've been perfectly fine to end it there if you wanted but then the story would just be how Myungsoo thinks Hyuna is a Goddess and how he wants her back. So there's a second chapter, alright. When we came here, you explained the events. I liked Hyuna's recited words and the impact of Hyuna's last sentence. But it's the kind of impact that made me expect more - a scene change, or a next chapter, basically a continuation after Myungsoo admitted his crime. Because when you come up with an explanation, go all the way through. What happened to Myungsoo is just as important as what happened to Hyuna because it's their story. 


Plot (9/10)

Enjoyment (9/10)

The story is centered on his loneliness and how she’s gone. When he killed her, I wanted more. You described the big event, the - the kill that made everything happen in one paragraph. If played right, it could’ve been like a hit to the heart. But this just made me wish for something like, "Even when she lay there lifeless, unmoving, still she seemed like an angel to him - no, she was. She gave him life and she made it meant something. She was beautiful, peaceful, amongst all the chaos.", to accentuate just how much of an ultimate being he thought she was or, "Her limbs twisted in different angles." and other gory things, to make it seem like the worst thing that's ever happened and her leaving is made worse by going in the most disgusting and cruel way possible.  


Overall Score (9/10)
I'm rather biased to these types of stories so I've read a lot and I think you pulled it off nicely. 


Thank you for requesting. Do not mind my harsh words. Thank you~! Good Luck~!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The poster is not ours © credit to the owner