►Faith on Us by ErinKrystal

♡ bi a n d ca ∞ shop ||REVIEW BATCH ONE||

Reviewer : Sapphire-27 || Story : click

Title (5/5) 
I usually would never give a title so clichéd this much but it captured everything. At first, you’d only understand that something is going on with their relationship. After you read it though, the title is so attached to the story that finding another title that fits is a hard task. 

Originality (4/5)
The ‘dark past’ thing is done a lot but I’m glad you made it as a big part of the story. 

Description/Foreword (4/5)
I liked how short the description was it gave more impact than a dreadfully long description that gets dragged on. The “people said that we can’t always get what we want” quote is overused but I think there really is no better way to describe this. 

For the foreword, I’m glad you didn’t straight-up say things like “cheerful”, “bubbly”, “can be annoying”, “friends with blahblah” and so on. It had a nice amount of background that you at least know a bit but the rest can reveal itself in the story. 

I love the fact that you only made introductions for the two main characters and not every single person.

 

Grammar (2.5/5)

Your grammar has ups and downs. It killed quite a few moments for me. Some threw me in loops when I couldn’t decide what you were trying to say. 

I noticed that your most often mistake is the use of plural/singular and also “is”. 

I understand that you’re trying to look for a beta (teehee. I’m a stalker) so that’ll help you a lot on the long run.


Spelling (5/5)
Five out of five. You know the words, how to use them and have proper spelling. I can’t even remember seeing a typo (which is nearly impossible).

Punctuation (3/5)
You have a thing for missing comas. 

Diction or choice of words (3/5)
You have a habit of using the same words over and over again sometimes. It gets repetitive. Some of the words you chose made the sentence structure stiff and formal even when your character is around his/her best friend. 

And then there were just the awkward weird ones;
“You almost choked me with air, Lee Chaerin.” 


Vocabulary (4/5)
I have nothing to complain about. 

Characterization (10/10)
.... The way you portray the characters made me so happy you’re my first review. It’s actually really hard for me to like the female main character but Eun Chae was so human and non-character that it was easy to like her.

Flow (10/10)
I liked the pacing and how slow she’s falling for him.

Enjoyment (8/10)
I should point out that the most contributing factor is the way you wrote it. I can’t really describe it but your writing was attached to the characters and you portray their feelings and reactions in a realistic way. 

Plot (8/10)
Realistic. 

I can imagine this happening in the real world and it has nothing artificial about it (except the ending is a 1/8 chance it might actually happen). It’s a story of two people’s romance where their only enemy is their own fears and lack of trust. 

I can’t remember the last time I read a story where there is no other person trying to ruin their relationship. One of them can’t lay down her trust and it ultimately led to their destruction - and I enjoyed it.

The main idea that faith is the key to making things work really got me. Trust was the problem, solution and foundation. 

Only.. Airport. Very clichéd and it came out of nowhere. Like.. BAM! He’s going to New York. There wasn’t even any foreshadowing! (Or maybe I was too drowsy and slow to notice it)

 

Overall Score (7/10)

I was just a little disappointed the ending is a bit rushed and cliched. I expected something less.. Frequent.

This story isn't bad and I think it can develop some more. Your care for this story deserves a ten out of ten. You're a writer with really good basics and you have potential so keep growing and I hope you don't take any of my words in a negative way. Thank you for requesting~

 

 

(sorry it took so long)

 

 

 

 

 

the poster is not ours © credit to the owner.