11

Sillage

"Are you sure I can ?" 

"Why not ? You had improved so much " She stood up while checking on her phone as I stared her petite figure heading to the door . 

"Well , I'll see you later Jieun . I'll come back to help you with your stuffs and we're ready to go . I have some patient to check " She waved and I stared at her gloowy face leaving the room , feeling lonely .

 

After a while feeling empty , I laid on my hospital bed  . I can only think of my little brother . If I could control my anger I wouldn't have cause all of this . I closed my eyes when my eye lids starts to get heavy . My body automatically relaxed . And thats when I heard the door squeaked open . The light from the corridor shone through the door onto my face but I was too sleepy to care . 

Despite from the sudden warmth on my cheeks , I woke up from my slumber . Yet , I couldn't recognize the person since it was dark but I could sense something . This fragrance , Its him . Suprised , I immedietly flinched .

"Baekhyun ? What are you doing here ? Get out !" Well , I'm straight to the point as always . I shouted , asking him to get out but he wasn't listening , he grabbed my shoulders , pulling me closer to him . 

"What are you doing Baek-" My words was cutted off when he talked . 

"Please forgive me , Jieun ! I love you , only you ! Please--" But I cut him off too . 

I released myself from his grip as I tried my best walking to the corner . However , my bare knees met the cold floor since my legs are still weak . I groaned in frustiation . But when I heard Baekhyun's footsteps I crawled to the corner as fast as I could . 

I breathed heavily as my eyes were glued onto his figure . Baekhyun is in a white shirt with his office pants which made him look quite handsome . His black hair shone under the moonlight . And thats when I could see his face clearly . It made me shiver on how his stare penetrated my body . He looked so cold . I was frightened , of course . I had never seen him like that . 

But I froze when he pulled me up . He looked me in the eyes , seriously . My eyes met with the most cold eyes ever . It was black and empty . Just glad to know he's conscious . 

"I didn't cheat on you , Jieun  . Please , I'm sorry ." 

I'm pricked . 

Thinking of the incident that day , again ? I felt like my heart is stabbed by a really sharp knife continuesly . It felt like being betrayed . I couldn't talk , there's a lump in my throat. I just stared at him , begging me . Byun Baekhyun is pitiful . 

" Please? O-okay then --" He took a deep breathe as he slid his hand into his pocket , searching for something as his eyes never left my stiff face . "Here" My eyes landed on a shiny thing inside a small red box . I blinked .

"I'm giving this to you . If you wear this , it means that you're mine . I'm not going to look at other girls because we love each other . By the way , my--"   

"So does this means that If I wear this ring you'll be mine ? " I looked at him and I saw this smile of his . He looked happy . 

"And you won't be in contact with other girls except me ? " He nodded again . 

My face harden . I don't know where my mind landed . I don't know what to think . In a matter of second , my vision started to get blurred by my tears . I smiled at him --no . It's more like a smirk . My shoulders bounced up and down as I laughed .I took the diamond ring out of the box carefully .  A tear slipped down my cheek . 

"You're so cheap !" I shouted right in front of his face before turning my body , facing the window I leaned on since then . "Yah !--" Baekhyun shouted in panic when he saw me sliding the window open . He tried to block me but he was too late . 

I watched the diamond ring dissapeard among the bushes down there . I was no longer smirking . Rather than feeling victory , I felt bad . 

Then , I turned back to him , Byun Baekhyun but I was suprised myself looking at him . He stared at me , his eyes widen . His eyes had already are teary . 

My hands flew and landed on Baekhyun's soft cheek . Either I put so much energy onto that slap or Baekhyun's legs are already weak . 

His left hand on the floor while the other one is on the spot where my hand landed . He quickly looked up , staring at me . 

"WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT FOR ?!" He's really , really angry right now . 

" I don't need that ! Same to you ! I don't need that stupid diamond ring to refrain you to flirt girls ! I don't need that ring in my life ! I don't need you too !" I shouted my lungs out . But its weird how Baekhyun smirked after that . 

"Yeah ? --" He stood up , standing right infront of me . I really could sense his anger now . " That diamond ring is stupid ? And its not important ? " He stopped to see my reaction . I nod with confidence . "Then , for your information , that stupid ring is from my mum . She gave it to you because she trusted you so much . But I guess she's wrong --" Baekhyun starts to walk away . And the reality hits me hard .  What am I doing ?  

" She gave that ring to a !!" He exploded . 

"Baekhyun , wait !" I grabbed his arms but thank god he stopped . "I'm sorry"

"Since you wanted it so much then fine . Do whatever you want . I've done alot for you , but you ? You're just a who dosen't appreciate me . I wonder what would happen to you If I'm not with you , If you're still blind . " 

 

Thats how Baekhyun pushed me away . Thats how I ended up crying on the cold hard floor . Thats how I ended up feeling like a selfish- . 

"Im a . I'm a stupid . I'm a selfish   ." 

"Omo , Jieun-ah ! What happened to you ?" Thank god Hye Sun eonnie came right before I grabbed that piece of glass Baekhyun smashed or I would have ---- died . 

 

"Karma is looking for me " 

COMMENT&SUBSCRIBE

SQUISYMARSH

 

Hay ~~~~~~~ Waddya think ?   

#Happy1stAnniversaryBangtanBoys