Chapter 15

Let Destiny Decide

 

AUTHOR’S POV

 

The Jaejoong and Eun Seul woke up around 5 am and got ready for their trip in Busan. Their going to drive Jaejoong’s black Mercedes. They put their luggage inside and got ready to leave at around 6am. Eun Seul is wearing this:

korean_street_fashion-korean_sunglasses_lace-up buckle tab boot

 

 

Jaejoong is wearing a plain midnight blue v-cut shirt, jeans and leather jacket with a black beanie and dark tinted glasses. Jaejoong is now driving; it takes about 2 hours to drive from Seoul to Busan, so it’s going to be a long drive. Eun Seul is listening in her IPhone while Jaejoong is driving. Sometimes Jaejoong would steal glances at her and saw her bumping her head to the beat; he’ll hide an amused smile. Once Eun Seul caught him.

 

“What?” Eun Seul said taking off her earphones.

 

“Nothing.” Jaejoong said.

 

“I caught you staring at me 4 times; waeyo is there something on my face?”  Eun Seul said.

 

“I said nothing.” Jaejoong said chuckling. Then Eun Seul nodded and put back her earphones.

 

 

It’s now 7am and they a decided to have a breakfast at a diner in the road. After their breakfast they drive straight to Busan.

 

(Busan)

 

EUN SEUL’S POV

 

We’ve arrived at Kim’s vacation house in Busan. It’s nice the caretaker said that he will be visiting his family for a while so he will leave the house in our care, so it’s basically Jaejoong and me just the two of us.

 

The house looked very modern and homey, huge glass windows over-looking the beach and sunset, black and white interiors. It’s so Jaejoong’s style. We decided to stay in one room since its big enough for two. After we rested we headed to the beach. Jaejoong changed his jacket into a coat because it’s kind of chilly. I change into this:

            clothes-to-carry-at-beach-maxi-dress.jpg            

 

                                                                   

Jaejoong bought his camera which looks like a professional camera. He took pictures of me and I run away from him and he would chase after me. We are all alone because it’s so windy and there are rain showers. I posed in the camera. We sat on the sand while I was holding the camera taking pictures of him burying my feet on the sand since I took of my sandals. I laughed at what he’s doing. We took photos together. Our laughs are so loud it can be heard a mile away. He even took a video of me while I talk nonsense, smile and play with the camera. I even run away and he would chase after me while recording the videos.

 

Jaejoong gave his coat to me because it’s getting chilly. We run around the beach like kids. This is the first time I’ve seen Jaejoong this playful. He actually breaks out of his persona as a serious and cold businessman.

 

 

We became tired and decided to go back in the house. We were dripping wet when we got inside. Thank God the heater is on.

 

“It’s already 5:30, I didn’t realize we fooled around that long.” Jaejoong said.

 

“Me too.” I said while wiping my hair with a towel. I handed him a towel and he took it.

 

Jaejoong headed to the kitchen while I just stayed in the living room wiping my body.

 

“Seul, we don’t have anything to cook, let’s go grocery shopping.” Jaejoong said.

 

“Okay I’ll just change into dry clothes, you should change too.” I said.

 

I changed into a long gray sweater that goes up my mid-thigh and black leggings with black flats. Jaejoong change into this:

 

                                            tumblr_lmqwqtuxyP1qzjpnso1_500.jpg

   (with jeans and sneakers.)

                                 

We headed into the nearby supermarket. I felt relieved when there are only few people in there. Some people stared at us probably because we looked like tourist. We smiled at them and got our cart.  We search or all the things we need for the rest of our stay here so we won’t need to buy them again. Since Jaejoong’s grandpa said we can stay here as long as we want Jaejoong got a lot  of things that I don’t even think we need but he’s the one who’s gonna pay anyway.

 

Jaejoong put one arm around my shoulder and the other pushing the cart. Some teenagers with their parents stared at us and we will just smile.  Once we got everything we decided to pay them. We went to the cashier.

 

 

At the Vacation House

 

We  arranged all the stuffs we bought in the kitchen.  I helped Jaejoong cook some beef stew, rice with kimchi. I sat at the counter after helping him and watch how he cooks. I’m impress in his skills, he moves so gracefully kind of like a chef.

 

When he looks at me I would smile but my heart would skip a beat when he smile back. I don’t even know the reason behind the racing of my heart whenever he’s around. It started last time after the dinner in his house. I saw him very fragile and child –like.

 

“Done.” He said after he plate up all the food.

 

“Smells delicious.” I said smiling.

 

“Let’s go” He said holding the foods. The table is already set up so we just sat and continue eating.

 

 “Mashkitta!” I said while eating. He would just smile at my words.

 

“Do you think we would have a divorce in the future?” I suddenly asked. He looked at me with a bilwidered expression.

 

“I don’t know” He said.

 

“But would you want one ?” I asked.

 

“Maybe or maybe not.” He answered.

 

“What do you mean?” I got more curious.

 

“I mean you’re kind any men would like you and you’re not that hard to like, but I know you don’t really want to be with me.” Jaejoong half-whispered.

 

“Who said I don’t wanna be with you?” I said raising an eyebrow. He looks at me weirdly.

 

 

“Nobody, it’s just that this marriage just came out of nowhere and I thought you’re mad at us especially me.” He said while eating.

 

“I’m not mad in anybody, I expected this all along because of my status and role in my family.” I explained.

 

“So you don’t hate me?” He asked.

 

“No why would I, you only obeyed what they want like I did.” I said.

 

“Why don’t we just be together for the rest of our life.” He said out of the blue. I spat the food in his face since I was beside him and I’m looking at his face.

 

“Omo, Mianhe.” I said as I start to wipe off the rice in his face.

 

“You’re the first person to spit on my face.” He said.

 

“Jeongmal mianhe.” I said.

 

“It’s fine.” He said as he stood up and wash his face in the kitchen sink. After that he got back on his seat and continued eating.

 

“I meant what I said.” He murmured. I didn’t respond.

 

We finished dinner and I washed the dishes. While washing I accidentally cut myself with a knife I winced in pain and sat on the floor. The cut is not that small. Jaejoong saw me sitting on the floor he came up to me and saw my bleeding fingers. With a flustered look in his face, he place his hands on my hips and sat me in the kitchen counter. He left the kitchen and came back holding a first aid kit.

 

“This is only gonna hurt a little.” He said as he cleans my wound and put a bandage over it.

 

“Thank you.” I said.

 

“From now on leave everything to me.” Jaejoong said while patting my head. I nodded and smiled.

I sat on the kitchen couter and watch him do the dishes. I stared at his every move. Sometimes he will his lower lip absentminedly and stuck his tounge out in a cute way and I’ll chuckle.

 

“Jae, can I ask you something?” I said. He nodded.

 

“Why are you soo good in doing household chores and cooking?” I asked curiously.

 

“Because I have lived by myself  in US for 4 years in college. That’s why I learned to do things on my own, especially cooking.” He explained.

 

“Where did you attend college?” I asked.

 

“Harvard University, you where did you attend college?” He said.

 

“Columbia.” I said. He nodded.

 

Once he was done we headed to our room. He watched T.V while I decided to shower. After showering I changed into a white loose long-sleeved shirt that shows my left shoulder and white shorts, my hair is kept down. I sat on the edge of the bed. Jaejoong went to the bathroom to shower. I just laid in the bed covering my body with the pure white covers. I felt someone lay down beside me. I looked at Jaejoong his body facing my back. I shifted my position and faced him. He’ smiling and I smiled back. He caressed my cheek and I let him.

 

“Can I ask you something?” I said.

 

“Hmmm...” He said.

 

“Why did you got angry with Seohyun the other night?” I asked. He thought of it for a while.

 

“Because I know she’s going to tell you something about the past and things that she knows will embarass me, some are about my childhood and depression.” He answered while playing with my hair.

 

“Depression about what?” I asked.

“The death of our parents, I’m always crying and sad. My classmates would always tease me about not having a parents especially on family days. My parents died because the yatch their riding sunk in the sea, it’s their anniversary so they celebrate it there but they died with 4 staffs. Me and Seohyun are left with our grandparents and our Aunt. Seohyun gets it and didn’t take it hard as much as I did.” He said. I can sense the sadness in his eyes.

 

“Carry on.” I said. He is still playing with my hair.

 

“At 15 I’m a wild child. I would always play around with girls, takeaway somebody’s girlfriend and leave them the next day. I would take girls at my house and Seohyun would see them and sometimes he would tell grandpa. Grandpa would be furious and ground me but I have my ways. My four friends Yunho, Yoochun, Junsu and Changmin are my best friends I’ve known them since were babies. They would try to stop me but I wouldn’t listen to them.” He continued. I nodded signal for him to carry on, he is now playing with my hands.

 

“They got tired of me so they left me.  When my grandpa found out he was furious and even tries to disown me. I begged him and promised him that I would change. I never did what I did in the past. I work hard kept my grades high in school. My friends came back.  Now I’m the president and everybody forgot my past as a bad guy. But I never changed being a playboy since I met you.” He said. I was taken back by what he said about him stopping playing with girls since he met me.

 

“Met me?” I asked.

 

“Yeah” He said while playing with my hands.

 

“Why?” I said my heart now is racing.

 

“Because I felt the urge to protect you and not to hurt you, I feel like your special than any others. It feels like you would understand my feelings not like other girls who care about looks and money.” He said. I didn’t respond and started to yawn.

 

He hugged me close and kissed the top of my head. I closed my eyes and began to slowly drift to dreamland. I felt him hug me tighter.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

please comment read subscribe...sorry fo wrong grammar..