A Day of Fun and Goose Chases

The Worlds Against Us

Attention Sonne Citizens,

            Due to the crumbling galaxy, there had been technical difficulties with the portals and it will take longer to fix. Please be aware that your actions could cause you to be teleported to different lands so take caution. No humans are allowed to use the portal and keep the children for precautionary measures. Maybe a few brave souls will–

The entire world of Sonne heard the message as the oracles projected their voices in the sky. Although it was cut off, no one really noticed. All planets heard and immediately, a mix of reactions intermingled that morning.

“Keep the children inside.”

“Make sure to lock the doors tonight.”

“I wonder when the portals will be fixed. I have to visit some relatives in the other planet” Came all different kinds of reactions from the people of every planet. But it seems a few princesses found entertainment in this troublesome situation.

***

“I’m so going to try this out.” Sunny said as she waved her hands. In a moment, a tree grew from the ground and allowed Sunny to climb up towards the portal that was haphazardly hanging a few hundred feet in the sky.

“Omo, what is this? The portal is colored like the sky? Why, it used to be green…” Sunny wondered as she sat on a branch, the hem of her green dress folded slightly behind her. She peered in and saw darkness.

“Oh, well. It’s fun this way. Jump!” With that, Princess Sunny jumped into the portal. In a minute, she fell lightly on her feet. She felt the hard floor underneath and cautiously stood up. It was dark and quiet wherever she was. She looked up and tried to go back only to see that the portal has disappeared.

“Oh my, what should I do?” She mused for a good minute.

“I got it!” With a wave of her hands, a flower came into light in the room. With that small light, the room became lit and Sunny stared in fascination as she looked around to see herself in many walls.

“Why are there so many of me here?” She shouted out loud. Just then, the door opened and a girl with a purplish blue dress, holding a rapier. The other girl advanced and Sunny hit one of the mirrors as she backed away from this girl.

“Who are you and how did you get in?” She asked while pointing the sword at Sunny.

“Don’t point that at me! That’s sharp you know?”

“Who are you?”

“Tell me yours first.”

“No.”

“Then I won’t tell you mine.” Sunny pouted. In a few seconds, the other lady sighed and put her rapier back into its case.

“I’m Taeyeon.”

“I’m Sunny.” They shook hands. Taeyeon saw the bright flower on the floor.

“Is that yours?”

“Yup, it’s one of my light sources. That reminds me, what are these walls?”

“They’re reflections. In this room, there is only one mirror but the walls have reflected it.”

“Which one is it?”

“If you guess right, I’ll give show you a trick. But if you don’t, can you give that flower to me?” Taeyeon watched as Sunny look around the room. Biting her lip, Taeyeon looked at the flower with fascination. With her eyes fixed on it, she didn’t notice Sunny looking at her before tapping a random glass. Just then, the room dimmed again. Sunny stared at the broken mirror on the floor then at Taeyeon who opened the door to let some light in from the outside.

“Is that–” Sunny started but kept quiet as she observed Taeyeon nodding.

“I DIDN’T MEAN TO!!” Sunny started as she knelt down to look at the broken mirror, uselessly lying on the floor.

“Don’t worry. It does that.” With a snap, the mirror fixed itself and the room was filled with many mirrors again.

“I guess you can keep that flower…” Taeyeon trailed off as she looked at the flower Sunny is holding.

“If you want, I can give it to you.” Sunny suggested.

“No, it’s fine. You won in fair and tactic.”

“By the way, do you have a portal here? The one I used sort of vanished as soon as I dropped here.” Sunny asked embarrassingly.

“I do. It’s outside in the courtyard.” Taeyeon and Sunny walked out of the mirror room and Sunny ran as she took in her new surroundings. Taeyeon and the flower were trailing after her. Sunny looked back subtly and saw Taeyeon look at the flower. It seems they like each other. The little white iris looked at Sunny and jumped.

Upon arriving at the area where a portal stood, Sunny faced Taeyeon.

“Thanks for the help! If you want I’ll show you my place some time.”

“But that portal’s green…”

“I know. It’s my home.”

“Bye! I’ll see you again!” Sunny bid farewell to her new friend, waving at Taeyeon. It was only when Taeyeon looked down that she noticed the flower was standing still near her feet.

“Wait! Your flower…” Before Taeyeon could even speak, Sunny has disappeared into the portal. With a small smile, Taeyeon moved to pick the flower up.  However, she noticed that she didn’t wear her gloves and quickly motioned for the flower to follow her. Taeyeon walked slowly to her room and set a vase near her bed.

“That girl…” That night, Sunny sat on beds of grass and flowers while Taeyeon lies on her bed. The flower was sleeping.

“I wonder how she would react if she finds out I’m a princess.” Both thinking that the other was a normal person, they were worried what would happen if the other finds out they are actually royalty. Dismissing that troubling thought, Sunny watched the small violets slow dance to the night sky, she soon fell asleep. Taeyeon also fell asleep that night while listening to the soft breathing of the flower Sunny left. Both princesses dreamed of hanging out with each other, a newfound friend.

***Meanwhile***

As soon as Yoona heard the news, she looked into her portal and moved it around the floor of her room. With the brightness of her planet, Yoona smiled as she looked at her friend’s home through the portal. Yoona jumped down and landed in her friend’s arms.

“Yuri-ah!” Yoona beamed at the older princess.

“Yoona! So what should we do today?” She said as she put Yoona down.

“Let’s send you-know-who on a scavenger hunt!”

“How about we do a goose chase instead?” Yoona winked as she whispered her suggestion to Yuri, as soon as she saw their target enter the room. It was a creature of the night in the planet of Unda. It was Orion, Yuri’s pet panther.

With a silent nod, they looked at a map. It showed Yuri’s entire planet. There were at least two hundred mines and fifty rivers and lakes. After deciding all the places, they called.

“Orion~” Upon hearing his name, the panther stopped midway to taking a nap and looked at the two with worried eyes.

“I have a mission for you.” Yuri said as she motioned for him to come forward. As if saying, ‘why do they have to disturb my nap?’ Orion lazily stood up again anyway and made his way to the princesses.

“Now, listen carefully. There is a way for you to have a nap and we won’t disturb you.” Yuri started and internally laughed as she saw Orion change from a sour pet to suddenly over-attached sweetly-acting cat.

“First, you have to go to the village. Five hundred steps from the village, there will be a small pond. In that pond, you must dip your tail three times. After that, a boat will float towards you and it will automatically send you to a short trip to a mine. In that mine, there is a small trap door. When you get there, make sure to make that rhythm with your paws. You know, the one you do while you sleep. And it will show you a list of instructions and it will guide you to sleep from then.” Yoona finished explaining to Orion as he enthusiastically ran out to begin his quest. Yuri laughed next to Yoona the minute they were alone.

“That was the best one yet.” Yoona said laughing.

“Oh really? Well I think I can do better.” Yuri said. By this time, Yoona looked at Yuri with challenging eyes.

“Oh, yeah! Bring it on!”

“Uh, we should probably wait until Orion gets back…” Yuri trailed off. While Orion was looking for the mine five hundred steps away from the village, Yoona and Yuri chatted the day away.

 

Red Writer’s Note: Hello. Once again, I have posted a chapter and I hope you enjoy this one. I personally find this chapter funny and adorable. I hope you guys did to. The next chapter will be JeTi’s Meeting and the ‘Three Musketeers’.