Princesses of Sonne

The Worlds Against Us

Red Writer’s Note: Hello! Hey, read this right now. Are you reading? Well, I hope you guys like it, especially you! Yes, I’m talking to you! You know who you are! Tell me what you think. Can you guess who the princesses are before you read the part where I introduce them?

******

One strike after another was executed on the practice doll. A young lady, with the royal mark of an ancient mirror on her right shoulder, swung her sword as she continued to hit the dolls, improving her agility and skills. Then, a loud bell made a hollow sound, quickly followed by a soft call.

“Princess Mirour, it’s time for a break!” The young lady stopped moving and faced the direction where the voice came from. Just beyond wooden doors leading to the practice room, a girl comes running towards the princess.

“What is it?”

“It’s break time, your highness.”

“Very well...” The young lady set down her practice sword and went towards the door. On the side of the left door, there was a rapier. She picked it up and as she moved to leave the room, she leaned a small mirror to the side. Immediately, the room grew dim.

“And, I told you already. Just call me Taeyeon.” With that, she smiled brightly.

***

In a small planet filled with lush greenery, another young lady stood in the middle of a field. There was silence and the only sound you can hear is the wind on the grass. Her short green dress matched well with her black leggings and her brown sandals. On her left wrist, there was a green jewel held by branches of wood wound up to make a sturdy chain.  On her left shoulder, the royal mark of a leaf was clearly seen.

In just second, there was a rustle and a target appeared. In one quick movement, the girl raised her hand on the side and green light glowed brightly. A bow and arrow appears and she takes an arrow, shooting a cloud. The cloud made a small noise and then small drops of water fell. Her weapons disappeared and the princess walked towards a small patch of dirt. A small bud sprouts up and a pixie comes out.

“Why good morning, Princess Phyllon– I mean, Princess Sunny.”

“Good morning, little guy. How are you?”

***

A great piece of land floated in the galaxy. It was the planet of Sunne where Princess Sunne had been living in her tower. It was a land filled with bright lights. Not a day has gone by that the people had not seen the sun. It was really joyful and peaceful up in the clouds.

A tall princess stood on the balcony of the tower and if you look inside, not a single part of the room had darkness. It’s almost a wonder how they are always the first to tell the time. In the back of her left hand, an image of the sun was painted in gold on her pale skin. On her wrists were the mysterious sun bracers. No one actually saw or knows what it does but they heard it’s very powerful.

On a sand timer by the princess’s bed side table, there was a name carved in wood.

Yoona” is what it states.

***

Here I bring you to an isolated place in the mines out in the galaxy; this is the home of the Princess of Unda. Quite unfortunate that she lives in such a dark place, yet she is beautiful like the other princesses. In her hand is a nightshade, a weapon only wielded by the most skilled of the royalty. In the dark, she found solace and visited her people as they worked in the mines of Sonne. In her right hand was an image of an eclipsed sun.

“I can see you perfectly, you know?” A black panther stalked near the young lady and upon seeing her outstretched hand, the panther bows and then lies down next to her.

“Did you get the black pearl I asked for?” The princess said as she opened the bag that the panther was carrying.

“Yay! You did! You’ve made Yuri, very happy! Thanks a bunch.” She said as she waved her hand around the pearl. What used to be a black pearl turned white and many dark smaller orbs were produced.

“Good job. Now, I have more bullets.”

***

In a planet away from Sunne, there lived the Princess of Eis. On the right side of her neck was a symbol of a snowflake. She lived in a very cold planet, making her seem cold even to the bone. People outside Planet Eis were afraid of her but if you are a citizen of Eis, she’ll laugh at you. For they know the princess is the warmest person in the galaxy.

“Hello everyone, how are you doing?” The princess greeted the people with her sword in its scabbard as she skated on the ice path. Rumor has it that the only way she is able to open it is because her blood is so flowing in the sword. But then, how could it so, when it’s clear as ice crystals.

“You’re here, Princess Jessica.” She smiled, but it never reached her eyes.

***

You must be tired of all these introductions but regardless, you’ve read this far so why not meet the others?

In a planet opposite of Eis, there was a great sleeping volcano. At the foot of that inactive volcano, a house made from alabaster stood. It was the home of the fiery princess of Ignum. The princess was well-known for her eye smile that is warm enough to melt even the coldest and hardest ice in the world. She wields a dragon sword and on the left side of her neck, there was a dragon mark. Indeed, she was living with many dragons, in fact, the only princess to live with them. Here she comes now…

“Wow, thank you guys for letting me ride with you today!”

“It’s an honor, Princess.”

“Aw, I told you, it’s Tiffany.” The dragons went to lie down on the field as she settled on their backs.

***

In the planet of Ira, the heart of Jonquil lived. She is the princess of Ira. She loves to eat all kinds of food and manages to still look beautiful. She is very tall and her love for technology cannot be ignored. She spent most of her time dwelling in her room or outside helping many people. On the center of her collar bone is the royal mark of Ira, symbolized by a disk.

Another thing to be wary of is do not be fooled by her happy side, this princess could just clench her fists and ‘poof’ her sparing gloves appear. It’s dangerous… do not anger this princess. She’s very strong.

This particular princess has the ability to make her people laugh even with the tiniest bit of reaction.

“… and then she said…” The princess talked with the kids all day as she enjoyed seeing their happy faces and bright smiles.

“Thank you for the wonderful story, Princess Ira.”

“I’m glad you liked it. Remember, if you want me to tell another story, call me Sooyoung.” This caused a fit of giggles from the toddlers, as the other children went to hug the princess.

***

If you think Princess Sooyoung was hyper active, you’re almost right. But in the entire galaxy of Sonne, there is one more vigorous princess around. Although it doesn’t quite match her character, Princess Zephyr is very skilled in wielding the Wind Staff. She is quick and quite agile. She doesn’t sit still in one place and loves to dance with the wind. You cannot see it but on the soles of her feet, a mark occasionally appears. It is the royal mark of Zephyr, symbolized by a bird, with great wingspan.

While she guides the wind, she also tends to fly with the strangest bunch of birds. You’ll probably hear about them in the future.

“Princess, please come down!”

“Hold on a second, I’m trying to see some of my bird friends. Have you heard of the parrots? Hi birdie!” The princess on a tree branch waved in a nest filled with baby parrots.

“Princess, please! It’s dangerous.”

“Call me Hyoyeon and I’ll come down.”

***

Finally, you’ve read far enough to meet the youngest of the galaxy princesses, the Princess of Spirita. ‘She is very shy but when you get to know her, she is the best princess in the world’, are the words from all ages in her kingdom. They know they have the kindest princess because of her connection to the spirit world. Like Princess Hyoyeon, her mark occasionally appears since they are still young.

In her forehead, a crescent moon is bestowed by the oracles, similar to the other princesses. She wields a Gi-Kong-Pei* and is usually seen with sprites around her. She enjoys their company as they hers.

“Welcome back. Your weapon has been strengthen, Princess Seohyun.”

“Thank you very much. Would you like some juice?” 

*(From the game they're promoting, "Blade and Soul"... I think)