You Are My Light

The Worlds Against Us

Red Writer’s Note: Hey guys, I decided to post this fluff Yoonyul, and a little sad Sunyeon, just before Valentines because I’m sure I won’t be able to post any other stories in time because of school. JeTi is coming up in the next chapter. Nevertheless, I hope you like this. Tell me what you thought about it (^ _ ^).

******

Yuri stood outside her home, looking up at the sky. A sleeping Orion was lying down by her side. She crouched down and sat next to him. Her dress pooled around her and she sighed, patting Orion on the head. The panther purred softly.

“Orion, what should I do today? Yoona said she’s busy with her royal housework.” Orion snorted.

“I know, I know. One day in light years that Yoona actually does her work, I chose to be lazy…” After pondering if she should just sleep the day away or get her own papers down, she decided to do the latter. As she moved to stand up, she nearly tumbled over because of Orion’s tail. They glared at each other for a good fifteen minutes before Yuri shook her head.

“I get it. I’m sorry. How long are you going to hold the goose chase against me? Besides, it’s not my fault you were stubborn enough to look for it for three days straight…” Orion turned his head to the side because he was still a bit angry.

“Fine, do you really want to sleep that much?” Orion’s ears perked up in curiosity.

“Well, I plan on working the entire day. You can sleep in my room if you want.” Orion shot up, almost happy, before staring warily at the pearl princess.

“Go ahead.” Yuri assured and Orion pounced on her, purring as he rubbed his cheek against hers. Yuri just laughed and watched as Orion left.

“What about me?” A voice rang out and Yuri looked from her position on the floor. It was Yoona.

“Hello…” Yuri greeted before shuffling up to her feet.

“Why are you here? I thought you were busy.” Yoona shook her head.

“Not anymore. I finished my work so I could see you faster.” Yoona said sweetly.

“What did you exactly have to do for your work?”

“I stamped papers (^ ^).”

“You stamped papers…”

“Hey, it was three-week’s worth of work. You gotta admit, I did it really fast.”

“Did you even read it?”

“I skimmed…”

“Fine. Anyway, I have to work but you’re welcome to stay. I just have to finish today’s papers.”

“Okay! But what can I do?”

“Well, Orion is sleeping so–”

“Orion, it is!”

“Wait! Yoona– Orion!” Yuri ran after the choding princess and managed to grab her before Yoona could step inside her room, where Orion slept. Unfortunately, upon reaching Yoona, Yuri covered her eyes instead of .

“Yul, what are you doing–” Yoona managed to say before Yuri moved her hand to cover the younger’s mouth. With her hand atop the doorknob, Yoona wriggled out of Yuri’s grasp and let her hand fall away from the door. Yuri peeked in to see Orion roll the other way before sighing and closing the door. She turned to look at Yoona only to find out that she’s gone.

“I guess I’m not doing those papers then…” Yuri sighed and began her search for the light princess. As the princess of her darkness-filled house, she knew every nook and corner but for some reason, Yoona was out of range. Just as she was about to search her pearl mine, she fell. The next thing Princess Yuri knew is that she is in Yoona’s arms and the other was beaming at her.

“Now, we’re the prince and his princess.” Yuri gave her a confused look before leaving Yoona’s arms to look at her. Yoona wore a short cape and prince-like attire. She had small braids on either side of her face, framing it, which was all kept in place with her pony tail. Yuri felt a slight blush coming to her cheeks as this was the first time she saw Yoona in those clothes. She looked marvelous to be honest and it was nice.

“Oh, I was staring…” Yuri thought out loud.

“It’s fine! I was, too. You’re very pretty Yul.”

“You’re pretty too.”

“I was actually expecting handsome since I’m wearing a guy’s outfit but since you said it, I’m totally fine either way.” Yoona beamed at Yuri. She held out her hand, which Yuri accepted. Yoona gave a soft kiss and looked up, still holding Yuri’s hand.

“Let’s go ride through the sunset, my princess.” Yuri laughed.

“I can’t believe you said that! But yeah, let’s go.” Together, they walked through a bright road which led to a beach. There, they, although a bit cliché, actually watched the sunset together. The papers and panthers were long forgotten.

******

Taeyeon sat on her bed, the flower next to her. It was still glowing dimly and Taeyeon feared that because of her, it might die.

***

Taeyeon lunged forward and caught the flower in her bare hands. Just in time, she pointed her rapier and hit the monster’s life nucleus. Eventually, the monster turned back to harmless water and watered the grass in Sunny’s planet.

***

In the midst of her loneliness, Taeyeon barely felt the flower extending its leaf to get her attention.

“Are you okay?” The flower squeaked a bit but leaned into Taeyeon’s warm hands anyway. Taeyeon abruptly pulled away.

“Don’t! You shouldn’t touch my hands when they’re not covered. You’ll–” Nevertheless, the flower wrapped around Taeyeon’s hand and it started covering her from her finger tips to her elbow.

“Will Sunny be okay?” The flower nodded.

“How do you know?” The flower didn’t respond, not a single sound. Taeyeon looked at it and gasped in surprise. The flower Sunny gave her didn’t shrivel up and die. It didn’t do anything at all, as if it was unaffected by her touch.

“How are you doing that? Everything I touch usually…” Then it hit her. Sunny said something earlier that day, something about it being a special flower. With the weak flower still wrapped in her hands, Princess Taeyeon ran to her library. In a dark section, she climbed up the stairs, her eyes scanning the shelves. Then, there it was.

The book of past hearts…The prophecy…” Taeyeon read it silently, yet her voice echoed in the large library. She flipped one page after another.

Before the competition, two princesses will change their hearts. It will not be beating in their body and they will be determined as the final two.

“What competition does this mean? Two princesses? Does that mean my other friends? Is Sunny another princess?” She continued reading, hoping her questions will be answered.

A flower and a dragon will meet their fated…

A great evil lurks within the world of Sonne and it is the one causing the destruction of this world. Only the stronger of the two will be able to kill it. Thus, it will be stopping the world of Sonne from self-destructing.

The strongest princess is marked by her caring and bright personality. She will change the life of her fated princess and three things might occur.

One, her fated princess will die by her hands. Two, they will be killed by the monster in the top room of the Sonne Stadium. Or, three princesses will…

Taeyeon looked at the book in irritation and anger. The book ends there and there is no clue what the third option is. Looking at flower in her hands, she decided to rest for the night and then, she’ll visit her friend, the ice princess next week. Just until, she finds a way to remove the flower from her arm. Before sleeping that night, Taeyeon looked at the portal to Phyllon.

“Don’t worry Sunny. I’m coming back for you.”