Moments

The Worlds Against Us

Red Writer’s Note: Hey guys! How long has it been? Have you heard of the SOPA yet? My dongsaeng, PJShin has been talking about it. Anyway, this story is halfway through the story and I would like to thank everyone who is subscribed and been reading this story. Hope you have been enjoying this story. Sorry that it might not be as good as you expected (T_T). Have fun reading.

***Planet Unda***

“Orion, can you get me more pearls?” Yuri’s voice echoed as she picked out a dress in her room. Orion gave out a noise before he left.

“What should I wear? Yoona didn’t really say anything specific for our date.” Yuri looked at the mirror as she said the last part and saw that her face was red.

“Hmm… If I’m with Yoona, we probably have to run or avoid something so I’ll wear this.” Yuri held up black leggings, and a white and blue top. She wore black boots to finish the look. Looking at her reflection in the mirror, Yuri sighed.

“Is this fine?” She twirled around her room until Orion came in.

“Orion, what do you think?” The panther looked at her before he nodded. He jumped and lay on her bed as he dropped the bag in front of the princess. Yuri smiled at her attire one last time before she grabbed the bag. One by one, the black pearls came out of the linen bag. It swirled around her as she waved her arms around. The princess twirled in the center of her room and Orion watched as shiny white pearls replaced the black pearls in the air. He gave a soft purr as Yuri came to a stop of her dance. The princess laughed at the panther and gave him a pat on the head, his ears settling lower on his head.

“I wonder if she’ll like this. I’ll surprise her.” A pearl necklace shone as the princess held it up. Yuri giddily jumped to her feet as the necklace disappeared in the darkness. Just then, a familiar voice got the princess running with Orion to the door.

“Yuri! Where are you? Im Yoona is here at your service!” Yuri turned the corner to see Yoona saluting at the door. Yoona gave her a smile before running to give the other princess a bear hug. Yuri, already used to Yoona’s affectionate gestures, returned the hug with the same strength.

“How are you my dear princess?”

“Yah, you’re a princess too. So what are we doing today?”

“I was planning on just walking around your planet and maybe later, we can mess with Tiffany later. I heard she met someone.” Yuri stared at Yoona’s sparkling eyes.

“You’re so beautiful.” She unknowingly thought out loud and was surprised when the other started laughing.

“You are, too! Now, come on!” Yoona caught Yuri’s hand in hers and ran. Orion watched them skip to the sunset before he turned around to guard Yuri’s house. Suddenly, the bushes rustled and Orion stood his ground. He gave a growl, keeping his eyes in the bushes. Three people came out and he sighed. Their royal marks were evidently showing as the wind blew.

“Hey, Orion, did they go already?”

******

The ice princess, carrying a baby dragon on her back, jumped through a portal. Colors flashed and the dragon cooed at the shiny and colorful tunnel. A light appeared at the end of the tunnel. Jessica jumped out of the portal and was greeted by her friend.

“Taeyeon, I need your help!” She exclaimed with great urgency as the other princess came into view.

“What is it, Jessica? I need to train today.”

“You’ve been training for hours. Take a break and listen to me!”

“Fine, I’ll listen to you–.” Taeyeon answered with a little sarcasm before she turned to Jessica and was surprised to see two beady eyes staring back at her.

“What is that?” Taeyeon pointed to the dragon whose face was on top of Jessica’s head.

“This is a dragon.” To prove her point, the dragon gave a breath and black smoke blew on Taeyeon’s face. She coughed.

“I know what it is. Maybe I asked the wrong question…” Taeyeon got out a handkerchief and wiped her face, grimacing when she saw black stains in the cloth.

“Here, let me get that.” Jessica wiped her friend’s face.

“I need to talk to you about something.” Taeyeon saw the seriousness in the younger’s face so she urged the other to continue.

“Since you’re older…”

“Are you saying I’m old?!”

“No, it’s just you have more experience about this.”

“Ok, what is it?” Taeyeon stared warily before listening to Jessica.

“It’s about Tiffany…”

“Whoa! You guys met already?! Is that why you have that dragon?” Taeyeon clapped her hands.

“What? Never mind. Listen to me. I’ve been feeling strange around her.”

“How strange, exactly?” Taeyeon inquired, although she already has an idea.

“My chest feels giddy and warm. My hands become sweaty inside my house. Can you believe it? I’m sweating!”

“Everyone sweats, you know…”

“But not in my house!”

“You got a point. Last time I went there, I had to wear a lot of layers… By the time I got back here, I was sweating buckets.”

“That’s beside the point. Anyway, my heart beats really fast and I can’t think straight. I mean, I find her very attractive–”

“Right… So according to the things I hear from my people that means you’re in love.”

“I was afraid you’ll say that.”

“Why?”

“Because she is my first love… That’s like a black hole… It’s unending and you can’t get out of it once you’re in it.”

“Technically, you can work your way out a black hole…”

“Never mind! I’m telling you. I have no idea what to do.”

“Does she know?”

“Of course not, why would she?!” Taeyeon scoffed.

“Tell her when you’re ready, is my advice. But hurry, before it’s too late.” Taeyeon gave a sad smile. Jessica patted Taeyeon’s back. Tears flowed from the older princess’s eyes although her face remained emotionless.

“How is she?” Jessica asked.

“I don’t know. The portal to her has been blocked by plants. I have no idea how she is doing.” Jessica hugged Taeyeon.

“If only I told her how I feel…” Taeyeon’s cries prevented her from saying anything else and Jessica sat next to her, lending a comforting shoulder. The dragon nudged Taeyeon’s legs and she looked at it. Its eyes glowed and someone was reflected in its eyes. Taeyeon internally gasped as she continued to look at it. This must be the dragon princess’s… Taeyeon smiled before she pulled away.

“You have a very important person in your heart now, Jess. Don’t make her wait and court her. Let’s do our best to protect them.” The princesses hugged before pulling away to see the dragon running towards Taeyeon’s mirror room.

“Hey, what are you doing?” Jessica called after the dragon and they entered the mirror room. Taeyeon gasped as he saw the dragon and Sunny’s flower looking at each other.

“Jessica, can you do me one favor?”

“What is it?”

“Freeze this flower for me. I feel like it might survive longer that way. It’s an important flower and I want to keep it alive, even if it’s in ice.” Jessica looked at the dimly lit flower before she waved her hand. The flower was slowly covered in ice. Just after the flower had been frozen, the baby dragon screeched.

“What is it now?!”

******

In the planet where lush greenery slowly thrived, a large tree stood at the center of a pond. A bright green light glowed and dimmed as the wind blew on the leaves. Just then, a hand comes out from the center of the tree, beneath the wooden vines. A girl around the ages of the other princesses left the tree. In her left shoulder blade, a royal mark appeared. The nature around her moved swiftly with the wind as they clothed her. She opened her eyes to reveal brown irises. She opened .

“Taeyeonnie…”

******

How was it?