Melt My Heart with Your Love

The Worlds Against Us

Author’s Note: Hey, guys! Red writer here, I know it has been around three weeks or so since I updated but it feels like the marathon at school. I can honestly say this has been the busiest year of my school life. Anyway, this is an update since I think I’m going to go crazy if I don’t write anything. Enjoy the story. Sorry if it’s short.

******

Princess Tiffany sighed. Sooyoung, Seohyun, and Hyoyeon were of no help at all. They said it was a prank but when Sooyoung touched her earring, she knew there was something going on. The princess just finished scolding the three musketeers and is on her way to get her dragon back. For some odd reason, although the dragon is nowhere near her, her chest feels warm and fluffy. Not even breathing hard, the princess reached the door to the castle. She entered after knocking since no one answered. Tiffany, now, stood in front a tall icy door. The princess had just touched the door slightly when she heard something.

She withdrew her hand from the door and stood ready to attack with her sword in hand. Sighing after she found out it was only water; she turned to the door and saw that the ice has melted. She stepped inside and walked through the dark, bleak hallways.

Tiffany would’ve heard her heart hammering inside of her chest because of the great silence in the cold castle. But the only thing is… she doesn’t have one.

******

The ice princess woke up from her nap, feeling a bit warmer than usual. She looked over to her side and saw the baby dragon she had woken up to. She felt a smile creep up to her face as she saw the dragon yawning, showing it was waking up too. Suddenly, the dragon’s head shot up in alarm.

“What’s wrong?” Almost instantly, it stood up on its small legs and jumped off the bed. It titled its head to the side before running off.

Jessica sat frozen on her spot in the bed. Just then, the baby dragon returned and saw that the princess made no effort to move. It jumped on the bed and tugged on the sleeves of her night gown. The ice princess understood that it wanted her to follow so she got off the bed. She walked the icy floor with such grace that she looked like she was floating, like her feet never touched the ground. She carried her own sword in her right hand and followed the dragon through the castle. As she turned to her left, she bumped into another girl. She had a hood on, Jessica noted, as well as a sword but her surprised exclamation revealed her voice.

“Who are you?” The girl on the floor asked, quickly withdrawing her sword. Jessica did the same thing, only she was faster so the girl stopped her movements and put the sword back into its case.

“The question is the same for you. This is my abode. What is your business here?” Jessica lifted the girl’s hood with her sword and she gasped. Who is she? Why do I feel warm? Jessica’s thoughts were cut short when the girl kicked her sword and jumped away. Before she could move too far, Jessica swung her sword and it slashed the cloak. She gasped. This girl has the royal mark!

“You’re a princess?!” Jessica felt the mark on the right side of her neck glowed brightly. Her hand immediately flew to her neck and actually wished she chose to wear her armor rather than her night gown.

“Where is the dragon?” The girl spoke. Before Jessica could say anything, the dragon came running to the girl.

“There you are. Are you okay?” Jessica watched her and the dragon. She sighed.

“I’m sorry about the cloak, your highness.” She said since the girl’s mark on the left side of her neck showed that she is, in fact, a princess. It is customary to welcome another princess in her abode since they are all helping each other.

“It’s fine. Umm…”

“My name is Jessica.”

“Oh, I’m Tiffany. It seems we got off at a bad start here. Let’s forget what happened. Anyway–”

“You talk a lot…” Jessica absentmindedly spoke out loud. Her face morphed into panic since she had just insulted another princess. However, Tiffany’s reaction was one she didn’t expect. The fiery princess was laughing.

“Hahaha! That’s adorable of you to say.” Tiffany laughed when she saw how fast Jessica’s face changed, and even more when she saw her face getting red. Was it of embarrassment or something else? The laughing princess didn’t even think about it since the situation was too funny.

“Please stop laughing.” Jessica’s cold voice made the place even colder in Tiffany’s opinion, thus, she stopped.

“Right. Anyway, what happened here? How did you get in?” Tiffany asked the dragon in front of her. It looked at Jessica and then back to Tiffany.

“No.” She said instantly. The dragon leered at Tiffany and they continued to glare at each other. Jessica looked at the two, confused.

“Um, excuse me…” She stopped when they growled at her before turning back to each other. After a few minutes, Tiffany blinked and the dragon roared triumphantly.

“Fine…” Jessica could only watch in confusion as Tiffany massaged her temples while the dragon ran around her.

“What is going on?” Tiffany looked at Jessica.

“Well, apparently, this guy here, doesn’t want to leave you. So I’m letting him stay. He is pretty independent and only needs a few ice cubes for a meal. Don’t do anything else, understood.” Jessica could only nod before she realized.

“I’m taking care of a dragon?!”

“Yes, take good care of him. If anything happens, I’ll know.”

“But… but…”

“Do you not want to?”

“It’s not that… but…”

“That settles it, then. By the way, I’ll be occasionally visiting you too so be prepared.” With that, the fiery princess got Jessica’s hand and kissed it. She left behind a blushing Jessica with water around her feet.

“What just happened?” Jessica felt the dragon drinking the water by her feet and she sighed. Touching her hand, she was too immersed in her thoughts to notice her royal mark glowing.

******

“What was that? What in the world of Sonne possessed me to do such a thing?” Tiffany argued with her inner self as she went through the portal back to her planet.

“My mark hasn’t burned before.” Her thought flashed immediately to Jessica and she subconsciously smiled to herself. Upon arriving to her home, she saw Sky and three princesses around him.

“What are you smiling to yourself for?” Hyoyeon asked and Tiffany’s smile disappeared.

“Where’s the dragon?” Seohyun asked.

“I left it back at Jessica’s.”

“Oh… on first name basis, huh? Didn’t think you worked that fast…” Sooyoung commented. A tick mark appeared on Tiffany’s head and she shouted.

“What are you saying? It’s your fault! Besides, my encounter with Jessica is none of your business! Hmph, troublemakers…” Tiffany growled with gritted teeth.

“Hear that, she didn’t deny anything though.”

“Get out of my planet!!!”