Her Heart, My Treasure

The Worlds Against Us

Red Writer’s Note: Hey guys! How have you been? I seriously didn’t expect to have a lot subscribing to and reading this story. It makes me happy to know that she’s not the only one who is enjoying this, by she, I mean, yes, you! You know who you are. Anyway, around this time, a lot of things have happened and the story is taking one of its wide turns. Prepare yourselves, my dear readers! Have fun… This will be mostly Sunyeon. Tell me what you think.

******

Hot tears slid down her cheeks as she cradled in her arms the only person who has made her heart beat again.

“Sunny, please wake up! Please…” Princess Taeyeon pleaded and cried out as she shook the unmoving princess whose complexion seemed to become paler each second passing.

“Please… wake up…” She whimpered the longer the other princess lay unmoving. Finally deciding her tears could offer no help to the younger, Taeyeon stood up, carefully setting her princess on the soft blades of grass. Slowly, with a slight limp, Taeyeon loomed over the white flower and removed her cloak, wrapping the flower that was glowing dimly next to Sunny.

“I’m sorry.” Carrying the flower on her back, Taeyeon lifted the smaller princess in her arms and moved to leave Sunny’s world. With only a few steps left, Taeyeon murmured a spell and a portal open, leading to her planet. All of a sudden, vines shot out and took Sunny from Taeyeon’s grasp.

“Sunny!” Everything happened so quickly that the next thing Taeyeon knew is she was sitting in the cold tiles of her mirror room with the flower, wrapped in her cloak, lying next to her. Tears silently dribbled down her face but she didn’t notice it.

***A while ago***

“She loves me, she loves me not… she loves me!!!” Sunny jumped in happiness as she stared at the last petal of a daisy. She woke up this morning is a very good mood because Taeyeon is finally visiting her planet. Sunny hopes nothing bad will happen and Taeyeon will have fun looking around. Sunny looked over a small pond in the middle of her garden and smiled as she saw Taeyeon in it. It seems Taeyeon is trying to look through her dresser.

“How cute! She’s looking for something nice to wear.” Sunny giggled. She saw Taeyeon throwing clothes haphazardly around. Just then, Taeyeon stares right back at Sunny.

“How is this, flower?” Taeyeon asked as she asked the flower. Sunny’s hand flew to her chest. For a few seconds, it stayed there, and then she wiped a sweat from her forehead.

“Well, time to get ready–” Sunny was cut short as she saw Taeyeon remove her cloak. On her right shoulder, the royal mark was visible.

“She’s a princess?!” Sunny gasped in surprise as she blinked her eyes, as if wanting for it to disappear and become just an illusion of the eye.

“Then, that means… we have to…” Sunny shook her head.

“And just when I was about to confess…” The princess laughed bitterly, tears pooling at her eyes but she blinked them away.

“No, this doesn’t change anything. I know what I feel for her, even if she is a princess. The question is…”

“Will she feel the same?”

***

Taeyeon threw all the clothes out of her dresser before settling with a lavender dress. She wore black leggings underneath and slipped into her white flats. Taeyeon put her velvet cloak and some gloves before she left her residence, the flower trailing behind her and rapier of her waist. Spotting the portal, Taeyeon took a deep breath before she jumped.

Many lights flickered back and forth in different colors as she traveled through the tunnel. Finally, a small light appeared in front of her and then, she was in a grassy plain. Letting her eyes adjust, Taeyeon kept her eyes squinted before something hovered over her eyes. She smiled brightly as she saw that it was Sunny with a leaf, sitting on a tree branch above her.

“Good afternoon, Tae!” Sunny greeted as she jumped down lightly on the grass.

“Hello. What do you want to do today?”

“Let’s go on a date!”

“So what do you want to do?”

“I’ll show you around my planet then!”

Thus, Sunny and Taeyeon spend hours strolling around the lush planet and Taeyeon has never seen so many plants in her life. Living and training day and night in the mirror room, she has never been exposed to this much flowers and herbs before. As they walked through the mossy pond, Sunny slipped as she was preoccupied in having Taeyeon in her planet. Fortunately, Taeyeon caught her before her long green skirt could touch the pond water, not that it made a difference since the nature princess tend to soak in it during summer.

“Don’t worry. I’m right here. I won’t let you go.” Taeyeon said as she helped the other princess to leap back to the ground. Sunny felt her cheeks redden and her heart race since they were holding hands, and partly because of the double meanings of the older princess’s words.

At sunset, Taeyeon and Sunny sat be a spring. Here, Sunny was demonstrating her ability to make flowers bloom. In her hand was a bud.

“See this? This is a rose bud. It’s one of the rarest flowers in my planet. This flower can survive in the greatest amount of water. It’s a water rose. Unlike this, the flower I gave you can’t survive through more than a cup of water. It’s perfectly capable since it only needs a small amount of water so don’t water her too much.”

“If you don’t mind, I’d like to ask a question. But it’s sort of irrelevant to what you’re doing right now…”

“Sure, what is it?” Sunny asked as she set her open hands on her lap.

“Aren’t you lonely? There’s not a single human in this planet.” Sunny laughed a little.

“No, I’m not lonely. Here, this bud is very small and you don’t feel as much as you probably would if you see it blooming so…” Sunny closed her eyes and murmured.         The bud glowed blue before its petals opened to reveal its usual appearance. However, this flower is blue.

“Can it understand me like this guy?” Taeyeon asked as she pointed at the flower on her head.

“No. this one doesn’t have roots. It’s alive in a way but not as that.” The flower gave a soft squeal as Sunny poked it. A comfortable silence passed. Sunny let the rose float on the water beside them. As if reading each other’s mind, they slowly inched towards each other so their shoulders are touching. Sunny leaned her head on Taeyeon’s shoulder, while the latter let her head rest atop the younger’s head. They stayed like that for a couple minutes that it almost felt like hours. Just then, Sunny pulled back, her head was hung low.

“Sunny?”

“Taeyeon, do you trust me?”

“Of course. You’re my best friend.” Sunny felt no ache upon hearing those words but the flower on Taeyeon’s head recoiled a bit.

“What if I told you that I fell for you?” Taeyeon looked at Sunny with wide eyes as she took in the other’s words. Taeyeon thought for a few moments and then smiled at Sunny.

“I’d tell you the truth.” Sunny looked confused.

“What truth?” Taeyeon moved to whisper something to Sunny.

“I did, too…” Sunny smiled at that.

“What if I told you to marry me?”

“Then, I’d marry you!” Taeyeon answered giddily, as she replied to Sunny who appeared to have the same feelings.

“…Even if you’re a princess?” Sunny saw Taeyeon’s face morph into shock.

“Are you a princess?” Sunny looked at Taeyeon, mustering the most serious face she could ever, and held the older princess’s hand, as if daring her to tell the truth.

“...Sunny–” Before Princess Taeyeon could answer, a loud noise erupted. A blob-like monster sprung up from the water and their hands were separated. It looked at Princess Sunny before moving its jelly arms. Sunny moved her arms while uttering a quick spell of defense. Wood sprouted from the ground to shield the princess. However, the monster manages to slice Sunny’s waist and her slashed clothing revealed that her skin was cut, but it wasn’t bleeding. Taeyeon saw it.

“You–! Are you immortal?” She shouted in bewilderment.

“Don’t be silly. Everything has an end!” Still, Taeyeon couldn’t keep her gaze away from Sunny’s skin, which seemed to have healed just now. The monster roared but it wasn’t as threatening as it sounded more of a gurgle, really.

On the other side of the field, Taeyeon stood her ground, wielding her rapier and headed for the monster.

By some weird instance, Taeyeon wasn’t sure if the monster smirked at her or if it was just her seeing things, but the monster expanded and rained all over the plain. Taeyeon brought up her hands to create a mirror but before it could be conjured, the liquid landed on her gloves and so it started melting. With a look of surprise, Taeyeon removed her ruined gloves. A cry takes her out of her focus. She sees Sunny trapped under her vines, which seemed to have stopped listening to her after getting rained on by the monster’s acid rain.

“Sunny!” Taeyeon shouted and ran towards Sunny. However, with only a few steps, the monster appeared in front of her and hurled Taeyeon to the pond. Sunny saw and moved to save Taeyeon when the blob sent up a wave towards Sunny. Princess Sunny who was not ready for the attack fell into the waves of the large water and lost consciousness. Taeyeon jumped high in the sky to attack in anger that she forgot that the flower is not safely secured in her cloak.

Just before Taeyeon could destroy the monster, the flower fell. She reached down to grab the flower but she saw her bare hands. Stopping her attack mid-air, Princess Taeyeon came to that moment in her life when she felt cheated. If she let the flower drop, it will die. But if she caught it with her hands, it will also die. Quickly glancing at Sunny before turning back to the monster and the flower, she made her decision.

******