Chapter 9

Will You?

It was nearing 12 in the midnight but the star studded Langkawi Island's sky seemed to be denying its age. 

With the help of the full moon, the night was astoundingly bright; the brightness was deceiving GaEul who was clearly oblivious of the time.

The exceptionally cold breeze caused GaEul’s exposed skin to cringe in response; not that she was conscious at all to bother about it.

 

She was too immersed in thoughts that she didn’t really had a clue that she had been wandering around their chalet’s lobby in

 just a paper thin oversized shirt and a pair of legging for almost an hour. 

 

Her mind was still trapped one hour ago, in where she had witnessed her boyfriend walking away with one fine lady, 

disappearing towards the lights of the esplanade.

 

The lady, which apparently was her boyfriend's first love made a surprise appearance on their holiday date. 

She who goes by the sweet name of Cha Eun Jae had expressed her intention of 'borrowing' YiJeong for a moment of time and 

what made GaEul's stomach felt badly sick right now is the fact that she was the one who encouraged him to go with her,

 though she knew very well that her heart will be badly hurt if he really did go.

And since he did left, her heart hurt and she felt utterly stupid.

 

  “GaEul" YiJeong's soft voice alarmed GaEul who was obviously in muse. 

He saw her figure from afar and immediately wondered what on earth she was still doing outside at this time of the night, in a chillingly cold weather. 

Upon seeing YiJeong who is now standing nearby, GaEul mentally sighed a huge relief. 

 

She unknowingly beamed a smile which shone directly to the only recipient that was present, 

whose eyes somehow sparkled in curiosity at her uncommon conduct.

"Why aren't you sleeping yet? YiJeong blurted out the question as he observed his girlfriend who was wearing a white oversized shirt,

 her hair now a mess thanks to the mischievous island wind.

 

Snap. 

 

GaEul silently hissed the moment she realized that YiJeong was actually talking to her, when she wasn’t supposed to be seen at all. 

“Huh?” Instead of a proper answer, a squeak escaped her throat.

"What are you doing here?” assuming that GaEul couldn't hear his first question, he repeated with a slightly raised voice. 

His eyes stared right into her perplexed orbs before it eventually travelled down her nose, then towards her cheeks, 

and finally her pale lips before he realized that her nose was no different than a clown's red nose, while her cheeks looked as if it were tinted with red crayon.

 

"I, I was just," panic once again attacked her and her mind went blank as a consequence.

"I'm …"

 

"You're ..." YiJeong raised his right eyebrow as he waited for her response but a sneeze escaped instead. 

He hushed a sigh before he took his jet black leather jacket off and naturally placed the jacket over her shoulder.

 

“It’s hot inside,” she pulled her hair behind her ear before she let out an obvious fake laugh. 

She didn’t want him to sense her mounted vigilance because she knew very well that So Yi Jeong always despise girls who acted all possessive on him 

but right now she felt nothing but pure jealousy and she had no idea how to hide it anymore.

 

Instead of a verbal response to her answer, YiJeong acted by pulling her gently by the hand towards her suite, which caused her to wince a little. 

A short “Sunbae!” escaped her lips at his sudden action. 

She could only stare blankly as he twisted the door knob of her room and pushed the door open. 

 

“Here, go and sleep” he uttered in a soft voice before he pushed her gently into the room.

“But” GaEul tried to protest.

“Your hands are colder than ice, so what kind of hot are you talking about?” he said, his voice was higher by a tone. 

Worries were clearly shown on his face. “I don’t want you to catch cold” he explained before turning his body to walk out of her room.

“Sunbae” her voice involuntarily thrown out.

 

He can’t leave, not when I have so much to ask about.

 

YiJeong turned his head, waiting for her to say something.

GaEul’s lips parted, but then words got stuck in her throat. A thousand questions were boggling her brain but she can’t get it out in a verbal form. 

So she stood there like a stone statue for what she thought almost forever before she merely said “goodnight” to him as 

she decided to shut all the questions that were running wild around her mind.

 

“Goodnight” YiJeong replied with one of the sweetest smile that she had ever seen before he walked out of her room.

 She stood at the same spot, her eyes locked on him, watching him disappears from her sight before she held her head low, turned her body, 

walked towards the bed and kicked the innocent fellow, almost with all her strength.

 She ignored the pain striking her foot completely and let herself fall onto the bed. She shut her eyes and mentally cursed at herself.

 

Chu Ga Eul you stupid bummer.

 

She asked herself, why she couldn’t just be cool about it. He was just meeting an old friend.

 

Who apparently is his first love whom he was so crazy in love with.

Who is also an infinity times prettier and classier.

And they were meeting for almost three hours, just the two of them.

 

The battle with her own mind unfortunately didn’t end that quickly as she was almost insomniac that very night and did not even 

realized that she fell asleep when she heard another soft whisper travelling through her ear.

 

“GaEul ah” the familiar voice repeated the call but GaEul had made her mind not to listen to them whispers anymore. 

“GaEul ah,wake up” the whisper suddenly turned a tad louder, joined with random pokes on her face. 

 

GaEul fluttered her heavy eyes open to meet with JanDi’s face, just two inches from her own.

“Oh JanDi ah” GaEul blurted, startled with the sudden appearance of her best friend.

“Wake up, let’s go and grab some breakfast” JanDi who was wearing a red shirt that matches her scarlet shaded cheeks offered. 

She pulled GaEul who was still in trance slightly to help her out of bed but GaEul’s body seemed like it was glued to the queen sized bed.

 

“What time . . . is it?” GaEul asked, her eyes still closely shut.

“9” JanDi answered simply while still struggling to make her sit on the bed.

 

Hearing JanDi’s reply, GaEul shoot up. Her eyes wide open, so wide that JanDi had mentally prepared to catch her eyeballs in case they fall off their sockets.

 

“Already 9?” GaEul almost shrieked. She hissed before striding towards the bathroom and comes out very soon after she shut the bathroom door close.

 

Ignorant to JanDi’s rummy stare, GaEul moved like The Flash, from her luggage to the wall mirror and again to the luggage to rummage through it before yelping a 

little ‘yay’ when she found her compact powder that was hiding in between the folds of undergarments.

 

“What’s with you?” JanDi eyed GaEul. “We’re not going to the ball” she explained almost seriously while the tail of her eyes tried to keep up with 

GaEul who was still scurrying around the room, trying to find her gel eyeliner. 

 

JanDi could not digest the reason GaEul have to doll up for the mere aim of going for a breakfast buffet.

But GaEul knows exactly why she needs to put on makeup and the flashy one piece even when she knows that it is not really event appropriate. 

She looked into the mirror while fixing her hair bun. The white lacy dress she is wearing honestly isn’t her favorite but she don’t really have anything fancier to wear.

 She remembered buying it from an online store and frowned at it for being too short and yellowish.

 

Cha Eun Jae is here. I must at least look decent, though not on the same level.

 

Flashing a smile, GaEul then pulled JanDi who was as usual, sporting no makeup and looked like she just woke up from a horrible nightmare out of their room. 

GaEul is determined to have YiJeong by her side, and she would do anything to make sure that she won’t lose him again.

 

“Hey GaEul” 

GaEul heard WooBin’s voice calling for her. She lifted her head and had her eyes laid on the sight of WooBin with a plate full of heavenly foods. 

He is wearing a grapefruit pink t-shirt with his signature red hair.

 

“Yo GaEul, Jandi” He said. His face was like a billboard advertising a wide smile. 

“Come over, today’s food is super good!” he cheerily said before putting a pink-white layered traditional cake into his mouth.

 

GaEul merely smiled in return. Her eyes was too busy wandering around the dining hall to care about anything else at the moment. 

And the result of the scans that returned negative made her turned super anxious. 

She could not find YiJeong anywhere around and while realizing that, her heart sank deep. 

 

“GaEul, I’ll go and take some food first” JanDi made her way to the buffet line while GaEul stood at the same spot, her eyes still scanning around the perimeter. 

Her sinking heart then stimulates her eyes to produce saline solution that was seriously not necessary at the moment. 

 

What is wrong with you Chu Ga Eul. 

 

Ga Eul scolded herself for being so weak, when she knows she is a lot better than that. 

She is not a crazy, obsessive woman, so why do she have to be so slumped and down over such petty thing. 

So she forced her eyes to  back all the unnecessary lingering tears, picked up a plate and determined to eat as much as her stomach could take. 

 

“Chu Ga Eul.” A familiar soft voice that suddenly surfaced nearly made GaEul’ heart drop.