Chapter 13

Will You?

Chu Ga Eul found it hard to open her eyes today. She extended her hand to reach for the bottle of plain water she always placed on her side table. 
Realizing that she merely grabbed air, she fluttered her eyes open to only find out that her sight was blurry. 


She blinked few hard times until she could see the white-marble side table clearly.


White?


GaEul almost jumped from shock when she realized that her side table was actually pink in colour. She automatically scanned the foreign surrounding before a strike of pain in her head stopped her.


"Arh" she groaned softly, her hand rested on  her forehead. She ran her fingers through her hair before she gathered some strength to start scanning the room again. 


"Where. . . ." she uttered. Feeling dysphoric, she rubbed the nape of her neck to ease the sudden soreness.


"What!" Her heart stopped for a second as she realized that she was wearing a blue, satin sleeping gown, which obviously wasn't hers. She flipped the thick white comforter to reveal her legs that were slightly covered with the satin cloth until mid thigh.
GaEul immediately fell in a state of panic, and she shot up from the queen sized bed, trying to get hersef out of the situation. Unfortunately she lost her balance and tumbled onto the shining marble floor.


"Ga Eul!"
She heard a familiar call while she was strunggling with heavy dizziness that seemed to enjoy messing with her head. Not long after, she felt a soft grip on both her shoulders which made her lift her head up. 


"Ahh!!!" she shrieked when she agnized the presence of So Yi Jeong, floating above her head.


"Are you okay?" YiJeong asked, his face filled with concern.


"What are you doing here?" she reflexed.


"This is my house. I am supposed to be here" he replied once he was done putting GaEul back on the bed.


"What am I doing here?" 


"That, you need to ask yourself" YiJeong said while his fingers brushed strands of hair from her face and tucking them behind her ear. 


"I don't . . remember . . ." GaEul's desire to yelp was suppressed by YiJeong's small but sweet gesture, which made her blush uncontrollably.


"Are you sure?" YiJeong who sat on the bedside asked.


GaEul tried hard to remember but all she could see was herself drinking a glass of wine that was handed out by the party helper. 


"I . . I think I drank some  . . .wine?" GaEul answered under her breath, while suddenly feeling nauseatic.
"Some?"
"Y . .yeah . ." she responded, actually unsure of her own answer.

"Chu Ga Eul, that was tawny Port wine. You don't drink it like you drink water" YiJeong's voice was calm but firm. "I was gone just for a second." 


"We, didn't . . do . . .anything, right?" GaEul intercepted, the nauseatic feeling grew stronger in her gut.


"Do what?"


"My clothes . ." before she could continue her sentence, she felt a flick on her forehead.
"Auch" she whined. The force wasn't super painful but enough to make a person yelp.
"Get yourself together" YiJeong snapped. "What do you think I am" he elaborated, already half sulking.
"But my clothes. . . " she stuttered, her hand gripping on her gown's end.
"There are  three female housekeepers in this place." he almost glared at her. "And should I just let you sleep with that dried puke on your dress?" he raised his eyebrow.


Hearing his statement, GaEul's stomach started to churn in discomfort. She was absolutely confused with the situation she was in. Who would have thought that just a glass of wine would send her to an alcohol blackout when a huge can of beer usually would still leave her perfectly sober.


"Now, drink this" YiJeong woke GaEul up from her fleeting  thought. She watched him dropping two white tablets in a glass of water before it bubbled up.


"What is this?"
"Hangover pils."
GaEul paused for a while before she shot a look  into his eyes.


"Why?" YiJeong squinted his left eyes before placing his palm on the crown of her head. "What wild thought just crossed your mind? This, is a set of hangover pills. I won't poison you, Chu Ga Eul" he smirked before handing her the glass and waited for her to finish all of the liquid. 
"Now" he walked towards a paper bag that had it's content scattered on the floor, picked the clothes that were all over the marble ground and handed the bag to GaEul. She guessed that her boyfriend must have dropped the shopping bag when he saw her sprawled on the floor earlier. "Get more rest and when you are ready, take a shower and change. Call me up when you're done. I'll bring you out to eat" he instructed. 


With her eyes still filled with confusion, GaEul nodded a few times, sending him a sign that she was sane enough to understand his instructions. 

"Have a good rest" he enjoined. He then walked out of the big room and closed the black wooden door behind him,  leaving GaEul alone in the room,  drained in anxiety. 


"What did i just got myself into" she sighed while enclosing her head with her palms. Surprisingly,  she felt a lot better after gulping down the hangover pills but she still couldn't get herself to remember the past night, how did she got so freaking drunk,  and whether or not she did anything stupid that deserves her a self-done death sentence. 


**********


"Feeling better?" YiJeong who just came into the room after getting GaEul's call asked. 


"That was fast" she was surprised by the time taken by YiJeong to reach the room after her call. 


"Well, this house is big,  but my room isn't 10 kilometers away" he replied almost nonchalantly as his eyes were fixed on his girlfriend who was looking all elegant in the white Chanel spring dress and matching sequinned jacket.  Her hair was down and still partially wet while her face was donned in a no makeup look, he had to actually look thrice to see if she was wearing any. "You look,  beautiful" he verbalized his feeling of awe. 


"Thank you" GaEul started to blush from his comment. "But don't you think that this is too.  . . fancy? " she asked while uncomfortably fixing the jacket that was literally shining from the peeking sunlight. 


"No, not at all" he exclaimed. He had seen GaEul in a number of luxury outfit but this one suited her the most that he thought it was not going overboard to say that she looked majestic in them. He grinned in satisfaction as his effort of coaxing his friend in Chanel to get the latest collection last night felt super worthy. 
"You look fantastic" he added before he extended his hand.


GaEul's lips curved into an uncontrollable smile upon his fluttering words. She accepted his hand and walked out of the room with him,  hand in hand.  "Wah . . ." GaEul's mouth gaped at the length of the alleyway. It was longer than even some big hotels than she had ever been to. 
"Oh wait," GaEul suddenly stopped. "I need to call my parents" she let go of YiJeong's hand to ransack her handbag for her phone. She totally forgot that her parents were home and presumed that they must have been dead worried about her absence.

 
"I've called them" YiJeong stated. 


"What?" She lifted her head. "When? What did you tell them?" 


"Last night. Well I told them that you're gonna spend the night"


"What?  Then?"


"They said okay"


"UNBELIEVABLE" GaEul rolled her eyes before she snatched his hand,  pulling him to walk along. 


"You know, you are old enough to spend the night out without guardian, Chu Ga Eul" he reasoned while trying to catch up with her speedy pace.

 
"Whatever" she pulled a sour face and stomped the floor along the way. 


"Are you sulking?" he halted his pace as soon as they reached the enormous staircase that leads down to the dining area.  


"No I'm not" GaEul's eyes narrowed. She tried to deny the fact that she was actually annoyed by her parent's insouciant attitude towards their one and only daughter.


"Are you sure?"  YiJeong asked,  half concerned and half teasing.  He had almost forgotten that he's dating a cute little bumpkin,  whose way of thinking is almost impossible to predict. "Then what's with this ducky pout?" he teasingly pinched her lips.


"Oppa!" GaEul yelped. 


"Oppss" he apologized as soon as he realized that he accidentally smeared her lip gloss. Seeing her exacerbating pout, he quickly pulled out a light blue handkerchief from his pocket and wiped the slightly smudged pink gloss from her lip line. 


"I'm not sulking" GaEul still tried to deny her state of mind. 


"Okay.  Sure. Whatever, princess. " He let out a small laugh before he gripped her right hand and turned his body in order to descend the wide staircase. He was all smile until something that was caught in his sight caused him to froze. 


"Oppa?" Realizing his sudden halt,  GaEul peeked from the back of her boyfriend to find herself a beautiful woman in her fourties standing at the end of the stairs, eyes fixed at them.  She was wearing an ivory suit with her hair up in a bun, with a matching ivory dangling earrings.


GaEul followed his guide down the stairs until he stopped right infront of the woman and bowed slightly before starting to pull GaEul again,  and this time,  he aimed for the gigantic front door.

 
"YiJeong" GaEul heard the woman called.  


This time, YiJeong paused and turned his body then pushed GaEul slightly so that she would be standing behind him. 


"Yes,  mother"