The 3rd Chapter

Android Love.
XSYKOTICA
UPCOMING TROUBLES

When she reached Taemin’s level, she punched the wall, just between Taemin and the kids, making a hole on it then glared on the kid who was about punch Taemin for the third time. The kid was shocked and suddenly he felt himself being pinned to the edge.

“Touch him one more time, and I’ll kill you.” She hissed, before looking at the others. “Just dare to touch him and I’ll kill you.” She pushed the kid to his friends and they ran away while Hye Jin knelt in front of the sobbing Taemin. “Taeminnie, what did they do to you? Let me see, please.” Taemin looked up, and she gasped in horror. “Oh my god! Your eye…”

“They pushed me and I fell hitting my head with a vase.” Taemin said while he was bleeding from his eyebrow, and his right eye went red. She was about to hold him when hands pushed her away.

“Stay away from him!” Onew yelled. “Don’t ever touch my brother! Ever!” Key and Minho took Taemin without a word while Onew faced her with a pissed off expression.

“I didn’t hurt him…”

“You caused his injuries! They attacked him because of you.” Onew yelled again when a hand on his shoulder made them look at the short friend of his.

“She didn’t do it in purpose. He was kicked because of you too, so chill. OK?” His friend said patting on his shoulder. “Go and look after him.” Onew pushed the kid away and ran away, while the two of them stood there. “He came too late so he’s pissed off and over reacted. Don’t mind him.”

“I won’t.” However, before she could do anything, her eyes were stinging painfully. “I have to go.” She walked away, as tears flew down. Her first tears. She spoke to the teachers about Taemin’s absence, notifying them that someone pushed him until he fell and injured his right eye. It was enough to wake the gossips, while Hye Jin sat in her seat observing the small space in front of her. She felt guilty for his pain but nothing hurt her more than Onew’s way to punish her. At the end of the fourth period, she went to the nursery to find Taemin sleeping there. Nobody else was there so she used the chance and used her palm to scan his head.

“.” She hissed as she noticed a fracture, and picked her phone. “Dad, please come over as soon as you can.” Siwon didn’t even answer her and she picked the kid as if he weighted grams.

“Where are you going with that ?” The voice was unexpected but as she noticed the six kids, her eyes went cold on them.

“You fractured his skull, so unless you want me to use it against you and kick you out of this school, let me pass.” The silence went heavy, while Taemin stirred out of his sleep, as his head was resting in her shoulder.

“Noona…” Taemin mumbled.

“I’ll take you to the hospital, don’t worry.” She said walking ahead and none of the kids managed to stop her. She walked out of the school, ignoring the eyes on her until she noticed her dad’s car. “Dad, take us to the hospital. He fell on his head but they didn’t take him for a checkup, while my scanner found a small fracture.”

“Oh. Poor kid.” Siwon commented as Hye Jin installed Taemin in the back seat and knelt in front of him, massaging his hands. “Does he feel any pain?”

“I don’t know. He missed the 3rd and 4th periods while I didn’t and when I came to check on him, he was sleeping.” Hye Jin explained as her father drove away. “I think he may have a headache, which will be normal for a couple of days, and dizziness.”

“We will reach the hospital soon.” Siwon reassured and soon parked. They took the kid for an emergency and checked his injuries, and fracture. They soon found his blues, and looked for Hye Jin to explain.

“I don’t know who did this to the kid, but when I first found him, he was bleeding and had a red eye.” She explained to the doctor. “I don’t think it is safe to call his parents.”

“Excuse me?” One of the doctor exclaimed, in shock, before looking up to her father.

“If he is bullied, he won’t speak up and his bullies will hurt him more than they already do. I prefer if you let him go with a proper treatment and I’ll make sure that he will either change school or I’ll protect him myself.” Hye Jin said while her father held her shoulder.

“It’s a big responsibility.”

“I’m ready to take it.” Hye Jin said with a smile. “I mean, for how long bullies will wait for me to drop my guards? They will soon let him go and stop bothering him.” Siwon nodded agreeing, as he knew that she will never drop her guard.

“Then deal. Please, give him a proper treatment, and keep his case confidential for his safety.” Siwon said with a professional smile. “The fees are on my expenses.”

“I’ll go back to school now. I’ve missed a period.” Hye Jin said bowing to the doctors. “Dad, will you drop me back?” She walked away before her father could say anything else. She sat in the car, resting her head on the seat when he got in.

“Do you have anything to do with his case?” His question was expected and she nodded without explaining. “I hope it’s not serious.”

“No. Just some kids.” She said with a reassuring smile. “I’ve pissed them when I ignored them and they took it on Taemin because he became my friend.” Siwon nodded without saying a word and she knew that he was not happy about what she said. He dropped her few feets away from school and she ran to the gate where she met six kids.

“We knew you will come back.” One of them spoke. It was then when she heard a scream.

“Do you hear that?” She faced the sense of the scream. “Someone is calling for Ricky.” They mocked her. “A girl is calling for help.” She ran to that way, followed by the bullies who didn’t know what to do else, since they waited for her in order to kick her, until they faced a van from where an arm showed up and muffled sounds. “They are kidnapping the girl!” She looked at the shocked kids. “Call for the police!” She ran following the van which made a turn before jumping on the door and holding it. Soon, bullets flew everywhere, hitting her. She didn’t feel much pain as she focused on opening the door.

She held on the roof and made her body swing until she jumped in, breaking the glass, from the driver seat. She fought with the two men when the car flipped over and landed somewhere. Her system screamed in alert since she lost too much blood, but she ignored it, taking the girl in her arms and making their way out. The one of kangta kids who followed the van still knelt in front of her.

“Hanna! Hanna! Oh god! Hanna.” He took the girl, who stood to cry properly. “God. I’m so sorry, I’m so sorry.”

“They pushed me inside, and they tried to rip my clothes.” The girl sobbed. Hye Jin stood there, as the police came and she stepped away, stopping a taxi which took her home.

By the time she reached the front door, Hye Jin’s heart stopped. She out before she could grasp the hands that held her. Sung Rin was waiting for her when she saw the blood in her daughter’s body and she screamed Hye Jin’s name. They fast took her to the bed, and Sung Rin opened the panel, which showed a red message: Dead.

“No, you stupid machine! She is not dead!” Sung Rin, pained and panicked, gave Hye Jin a huge amount of a gray liquid she had been working on for days, tore a battery charger and used the wire to electroshock her, right in the heart level. “Wake up! Wake up! WAKE UP!”

When wires from the bed connected themselves to Hye Jin’s body, Sung Rin had lost it, screamed for Hye Jin to wake up. The sudden gasp she heard was enough to make the woman fall on her knees, crying. “What happened? The poor butler called me and he spoke in such frenetic way! What happened?” Siwon got in noticing the blood in the carpet. “Blood?”

“I don’t know what happened, I don’t understand what happened.” Sung Rin said, crying painful, as she knelt in front of Hye Jin’s bed. “She was almost gone! I was about to lose my baby! Oh god, don’t take her away.” 

They stood there for few minutes, observing the panel showing an alarming low level when it raised all of sudden. “Generator Gama operating, Generator Aski: repaired. The auto-reparation ended successfully. The H 25 is now operating.” The panel showed just before Hye Jin could stretch her body, and then yawned.

“God. I feel like I slept for days.” Hye Jin mumbled as she sat up and she soon noticed her parents looking at her when her mother slapped her.

“Sung Rin!” Siwon stood by his wife side. “Are you crazy? Why did you slap her?”

“She promised to be safe!” She pushed her husband away then looked back to Hye Jin. “You failed your promise to me, so you are no longer going to any school!” Hye Jin blinked at her. “My decision is final.”

“Don’t act this way, Sung Rin. We don’t know even what happened.” Siwon said as he tried to calm her down.

“I got a bullet when I tried to save a kid from a kidnap.” Hye Jin deadpanned and both her parents looked at her. “I did. You can see that in my memory panel.”

“No. I don’t want to!” Sung Rin said, still angry. “It wasn’t your job to do that!”

“Mom… I’m a soldier, it is my job to do that.” Hye Jin admitted as she showed her weapons, shocking her parents. “I am a walking destruction weapon.”

“Even if. You almost died there.” Sung Rin hissed. “You are my daughter! You can’t do this to me. You promised to be safe.”

“I’ll be mom. Just let it go this time, please? I won’t save people at all!” Hye Jin pleaded, using her puppy eyes. “I promise to not do that again.” Siwon sat by his daughter’s side and gave Sung Rin a kicked puppy look.

“Please, Sung Rin ah?”

“Argh! I hate you both.” She said leaving the room, shedding tears. As they were left alone, Siwon glared on Hye Jin.

“What a nice start of a school year, right daddy?” She said with a smirk that turned into a giggle to which Siwon joined.

“Your mother is going to kill me.” He said as he stood. “So, better to be dead now than later.” Hye Jin laughed as he left the room. She got time to change her clothes, and stepped out when she noticed her worried sister coming close.

“What happened?”

“Nothing bad.” Hye Jin offered a reassuring smile as she pushed her sister to the dining room. “How was your day at school?”

“Fine. Like usual.” Dambi said with an eye roll. “I wish I had some action going on at school.” They found their mother sulking in her seat, glaring at Siwon. Hye Jin kept her comment, and sat with a smile.

“What happened exactly?” She asked suddenly and Hye Jin’s hand froze midway to her food. “How did you exactly end up with a hole in your body?”

“WHAT?” Dambi looked at her sister with wide eyes. “A hole?”

“I heard someone screaming and I ran to see, by curiosity, and we saw an arm. The person was wearing our school’s uniform so I knew she was a kid and she was struggling. I ran to help and as soon as I held the van they shoot me, but I jumped in and I caused them to have an accident. I took the girl out as the police came and I took the taxi back home.” Hye Jin said simply while Siwon and Dambi had their jaws dropped, while Sung Rin sighed, shedding tears. “I won’t do it again, ok? I didn’t think before running to help but I’ll avoid it now. I promise.”

“Don’t lie to me!” Sung Rin yelled, going red. “I know that you will! You keep going against my will like I’m kind of enemy.” Hye Jin looked down, sighing.

“You are overreacting, Sung Rin. When Hye Jin ever did that? It’s her right to have a normal life. She can’t lock herself forever.” Siwon said as he glared on his wife and then looked at Hye Jin. “Look, Hye Jin. You got my blessing. What you did for the girl is a proof of courage, and I respect you for that. Your mother is being over emotional.”

“Over emotional?” Sung Rin yelped as she stood. “I’m thinking of her wellbeing!”

“It is not like kids are kidnapped every day, Sung Rin.” Siwon reasoned. “If she did get hurt today, tomorrow she won’t. Stop making a fuss about it.” Sung Rin’s tears doubled. “Sung Rin…”

“Next time her heart stops, please be there so I won’t make a fuss.” Sung Rin left the table, sobbing, while Hye Jin sighed. Siwon soon followed his wife, while the girls sat there in pure silence.

“You are such source of trouble.” Dambi mumbled, as she left the table. Hye Jin sat there, her heart clenching in pain. She couldn’t shed tears, yet her eyes were stinging again. She ran back to her room where she locked herself.

The next day, Hye Jin went to school by bus, skipping breakfast, and without packing lunch. She headed to the hospital first, which was in her way, and checked on Taemin who was awake by then. “Noona?”

“Hi. How do you feel?” Hye Jin asked him with a sad smile. “I’ll make sure to copy everything for you.” She said before leaning to kiss his head. “I’m going now.” He observed her stepping away before freezing in front of the door. “I’m sorry I didn’t protect you from them, yesterday.” She left him in the room, feeling happy that someone cared about him to the point to apologize for not being there. She acted like his brother and he frowned at the thought. Jin Ki was pissed off yesterday; I hope he didn’t do anything stupid.

He didn’t because he didn’t meet Hye Jin until the morning. He pinned her in the lockers, slamming her back enough loud to make everybody look. “Where is my brother?” He hissed, shaking in anger.

“I took him to the hospital for a checkup, he have a fracture.” She said looking straight into his eyes. “He’s in this hospital.” She said giving him the paper to read. Snatching it away, she walked away from Jin Ki when the Kangta surrounded her, smiling.

“Good morning, Noona.” They said in unison. “How are you today?”  Ricky said as he handed her a box. “Mom made it for you, as a thank you gift.” Hye Jin didn’t have time to say anything as she looked back to Onew, who had an angry expression in his face, as he pulled the shocked Key away.

“I’m fine.” Hye Jin said. “How is Hanna?”

“She is shocked so mom asked her to stay at home for today.” Hye Jin nodded. “Also…”  Hye Jin’s hand landed on his lips before he could say anything.

“I didn’t do it for any of you. I did it because she needed help.” She said, coldly. “Also, saving the relative of one of you don’t mean I’ll allow you to hurt anyone in this school, and especially my friend Lee Taemin.” The leader scoffed.

“Befriending a is the last thing someone like you should do.” The kid commented, when she glared at him. “What? I said the truth. He’s gay, like his friends…” The comment made her feel hurt, and she pulled him from his collar.

“He’s my friend. Regardless which way he swings, he’s my friend. So, you better keep your fists for yourself or I’ll break your skull open.” She made sure every word left her tongue as heavy as rock and he nodded, swallowing obviously. “Good. Have a nice day.”

She sat on her spot in the classroom, her eyes stinging badly, and her mind replaying the only scene that mattered for her: Onew went mad as he saw them smothering her. He must have thought that she did help them to bully Taemin. It frustrated her extremely and she didn’t know how to handle it. In Lunch break, Hye Jin took a spot in the rooftop, trying to get some rest in the cold weather. The cold never affect her, and she doesn’t think it will ever do, so she thought she will have some privacy when she heard steps.

“Do you truly believe what Taemin said?” a familiar voice said. “She obviously scared him less.” Suddenly, Onew showed up with two of his friends. “I don’t believe how people can be so evil, and twisted.”

“Hyung, stop it. You are angry, we can understand this but nothing from what you said is making sense; when we saw them together, she didn’t seem like hurting him, but checking him out and you attacked her without thinking, and now she took him to the hospital without telling you because she’s guilty she couldn’t protect him sooner.” The short kid said, as he held Jin Ki’s shoulders. “Why Taemin would fear her when you told him he can change school with you? He would free himself from this hellhole but he refused. Jin Ki, he refused!”

“Jonghyun is right, old man. You are accusing her without giving her time to even explain what happened.” The other one said as he rested in the said Jonghyun’s shoulder. “You are always like this with Taemin. Whenever someone hurt him, you push them away and in the end, Taemin have no other friends than us. Think of him when you will graduate, how can the kid survive school like this?”

The silence went heavy and Hye Jin didn’t know what to do, so she rested her head, listening to their discussion for a long while until someone ran up. “GUYS! Did you know the last news?”

“What happened?” Jin Ki asked him, chewing lifelessly. “Someone got killed?”

“No! Someone was nearly kidnapped yesterday and it’s the new girl who saved the student and guess who was it?” the kid excitedly spoke. “It’s Hanna, Ricky’s sister, who studies with my girlfriend. She told her classmates everything with details!”

“God…” Onew groaned.

“Come on! Hear me out! I didn’t believe her too, but then I saw the police getting in and asking for Hye Jin, just few minutes ago, as well as Hanna.” The kid said excitedly. “Do you imagine a girl doing so?”

“I don’t.” Hye Jin said as she jumped out of where she was. “Where are they?” The kids looked at her, shocked, including Jin Ki who gave her a cold glare.  “The police.”

“Oh. They are in the principal office.” She stepped out as soon as he said so while the boys looked at Jin Ki.

“What?” He asked them as he stood. “Let’s get it clear. I’m going to ask them.”  They walked out and noticed two police officers pulling Hye Jin out. “What happened?”

“She caused the death of the people in the van, as it seems.” One of the students said shocking Jin Ki extremely. “I heard her saying that as she jumped in, the car’s driver tried to dodge her ways to open the van and flipped it causing their death since none of the people in the car had seat belts on, even Hana got a back pain, and she’s in the hospital right now for checkup.”  Jonghyun and Key stood in front of him, and crossed their arms.

“Now, do you believe us?”

Double update...