The 2nd Chapter

Android Love.
XSYKOTICA
GETTING IN A HIGH SCHOOL

They blinked at her request. “Just high school, I want to see how people interact at school. I always wanted to know.”

“But…” Sung Rin was about to object.

“It’s risky. Someone will know that you are robot and it will explode.” Siwon said, serious.

“How can they know while I lived my life not knowing that detail myself?” Siwon nodded agreeing with Hye Jin who suddenly stood. “I’ll check my panel, and get to know my body’s abilities. Maybe I’ll get a glimpse of who made me.”

Sung Rin and Siwon observed her leaving while Dambi sat there, looking at them angrily. “Was I meant to stay in ignorance?”  

“Dambi… We didn’t want you both to get hurt.” Siwon said as he held her hand. “We did what we thought was the best.”

“I know but knowing the truth would have spared me a lot of pain.” Dambi said leaving the table. Sung Rin was busy sobbing so she didn’t scold her.

“Stop crying, babe. Hye Jin took it well.” Siwon soothed. “I bet she understood your fears before you even voice them.”

“I am so sorry.”

Meanwhile, Hye Jin stood in front of her bed. “How can I get to know my abilities?” She knelt in front of the bed and checked it, looking for some kind of manuals, when she read three lines.

Ultra Soldier H 25  P/N:1574662492D5581

S/N: 14784495178564798

Soldier prototype created in 15 May 58741, in Gama’s station.

“What?” She did read the phrases again and again. “I was a soldier made by someone in the future, somewhere in the galaxy?” The pain that rushed through her veins was enough to make her feel like auto-electrified. Suddenly wires showed up and locked into her body before she could escape. Suddenly, she felt connected to her own body in a way she never lived before. She could sense her operating systems, and got a mental list of gadgets she had, and self-generated weapons.  It shocked her extremely.

“How in the world of logic could I have a generator inside me without noticing it?” She hissed as she opened her fingers like cannons then closed them. “I need to find the gadgets.” She made a mess in her room in order to find them before trying them. “Light, and chic.” She mumbled to herself as she wore the wrist bands. “But how can I use the weapons hidden in my wrists if I wear them?” She opened her wrist and tiny wires showed up that attacked the panel and she noticed finally that she got access to the commands file, that she ordered the panel to save in her internal memory.

“Man, I feel more excited by trying those things than by going to school.” Hye Jin mumbled, chuckling. She cleaned her room, and rested in her bed, drifting to sleep.

In the next morning, Hye Jin was fresh and ready. She shocked her parents and Dambi by stepping in the dining room. “Where are you going?”

“I will go take a middle school exam, which by pure chance will be held today.” Hye Jin said with a smile. “I’ll come back by six pm.” The girl didn’t give them the chance to speak as she hurried to kiss their cheeks.

“But you didn’t send your application for it…”Sung Rin was in loss of words. Hye Jin was dressed up for the first time.

“I always do send it online, since Dambi got in middle school, in case you will allow me to join her.” Hye Jin admitted. “This year I’ll take it in order to apply for a high school.” Siwon stopped Sung Rin from saying more.

“Wait. I’ll drive you. The transportations may have a tricky schedule and you need to be there in time for more paper work.” Hye Jin froze as Siwon said so. “Dambi, aren’t you going to school today?”

“Yeah! I have some exams to pass.” Dambi said rushing by Hye Jin side. The girls left first and got in Siwon’s car, side by side.

“Are we still sisters?” Hye Jin’s question made Dambi look at her in confusion.

“Of course, why are you asking? It’s our old and stupid mom who let us live in ignorance…”

“Maybe she feared that I’ll hurt someone if I knew.” Hye Jin said as she looked by the window. “I bet she knew what I exactly was.”

“Whatever you are, you are still a Choi and my sister.” Dambi rested her head on the seat, holding tears, while Siwon got in. “Dad, we are getting late!”

“Ok. Ok, I’ll try to drive fast enough.” He said with a smile. He managed to drop Dambi first then dropped Hye Jin in a middle school nearby. He followed her. “Go to the exam room, I’ll handle the papers meanwhile.”

Hye Jin wasn’t nervous from the exam but because she will be in the middle of real people. It made her feel so hesitant, and million thoughts crossed her mind right then. She stood by the exam room to find it empty. She sat on the chair having her number on it, and put the pen in front of her. People got in and greeted her kindly. She managed to smile, and relax when her father got in followed by the director. “Miss Song. Here is the application of Choi Hye Jin. She has a health issue, so please be careful and make sure she’s fine.” Hye Jin wished she could just melt and disappear as Siwon looked at her, making the rest of the students look at her. The exam went smooth, for that day and the three following ones. She had to pass a physical exam, but because of her health issue included in the file, she skipped it, for her dismay, getting only 50% as a mark in that class. It upset her that she couldn’t get the chance to have more but then she managed to have a passable mark on it, and she will join high school next year. It was all what she needed.

She felt dying in the holiday, waiting for the school year to start, but she used her time to learn, and get to know more about her powers. Dambi even told her that with all of those weapons she could stop wars.

“But I can’t show the world what I am. I am not even sure about why I am sent here.” Hye Jin explained. “I have to live as a human until I die.” Dambi nodded understanding, and they left the subject at it.

The school started, finally, for Hye Jin but because of her special case, she made time to register in a school far from her house, as she insisted to. It was eight am when she got in, reading the instruction for the nth time.

“Ask for the administration.” She mumbled, trying to not bump into people when the screams and reaction of the crowd made her step aside, losing her paper. She looked, shocked at the source of the noises and found the kids making the way for six kids, calling them Kangta. She was astonished, unable to understand why people were like this.

“Tsk, band of idiots.” The voice next to her said and she looked at the man who had rolled his eyes before noticing hers on him. “What are you looking at?” Hye Jin was caught off guard, so she jumped back, blinking.

“Oh! I am sorry. I loved your hair style, so I kept looking.” She said bowing to him, which made him wide his eyes as well as the rest of them. “I’m Choi Hye Jin, new to this school.”

“Obviously, only a new will look like a scardy cat when the kangta get in.” The voice was mocking her and she looked at the man who spoke to find a kid with hair tightly braided in his head, looking bored and pissed off. He didn’t look at her, playing with his phone, and more likely he didn’t even see her. She just nodded, caught by how tough he looked, and how her heart reacted. It was new.

“I am sorry…” It made him scoff, while the others chuckled. “Are you all in the same class?”

“No. This old man is in his last year. Those two men and I are second year.”  Then he slapped the head of a kid who was playing in his phone as well. “This little one is a junior.”

“Oh! Me too!” As she said so, the said kid looked up.

“Junior? Aren’t you a little old?” the young gave her a cute confused expression.

“No. Well, yeah. I am old. I was too sick to attend school.” She said with an awkward smile. Her dad had to use his influences in order to make her join school, the eldest walked away, and the rest was about to follow him when she held the youngest. “Can you show me where the administration is?”  The kid looked at his friends and then nodded.  “Thank you.”

“Welcome. My name is Lee Taemin, by the way.” She smiled to him, and he replied the smile with a cuter one.

“Nice to meet you.” They walked for a moment. “Why were they making such a fuss about those six kids?”

“They are the kangta, the kings of the school in other words.” Hye Jin made a face.

“They are the richest?” She frowned as he shook his head looking behind, giving her a panicked expression.

“No, Onew hyung is. He’s the one you spoke to.” Instead of looking behind her and see whoever was following them, she looked at Taemin, curiously.

“The blond haired one?” When Taemin shook his head, her heart raced all of sudden.

“The one with the braids on. He’s Onew, our small group’s leader.” Her smile showed up as she mentally let her tongue roll the name. Onew… “Anyway, since he came to this school, the kangta stopped bullying me and my friends, because he is on his own the richest person at school.”

She froze, snapping Taemin’s wrist. “They what? Bullied you? They are bullies and still people consider them as kings?”

“I know, right? People are so scared of those s.”  Suddenly a hand almost reached for Taemin’s shoulder when Hye Jin held. Taemin stood behind Hye Jin, shocked and scared.

“What do you think yourself doing?” She stood, crossing her arms. “Go away.” The one in front of her was about to slap her when she dodged it swiftly. “I said go away.” The man tensed and almost punched her when the door opened.

“What is happening here?” The director of the school himself showed up so the other kids walked away, leaving a scoffing Hye Jin and a scared Taemin behind. “Oh. Miss Choi? Please come in.”

“Good morning, Mr. So. I hope I’m not disturbing you anyhow.” Hye Jin said as she pulled Taemin inside the room. “Taemin, please sit.” They both sat in front of the man’s office, while the old man studied her expressionlessly. “I am here for my schedule.” The man nodded and stood to pull a folder. He soon handed a paper to the girl. “Thank you, sir. I can handle it from here.” Taemin stood as soon as she did and they both bowed as they took their leave. “Class 1-B”

“Oh, that’s my class. We are late for the first period.” Taemin commented as he pulled Hye Jin by her hand. “Hurry up.” She smiled as she noticed how the kid was checking every corner, looking scared. They soon reached the classroom and Hye Jin knocked, while Taemin tried to make his way to his seat.

“Lee Taemin, you are late.” The teacher commented without looking up.

“He was with me in the principal’s office. He can testify.” Hye Jin said as she stood in front of the tall teacher. “Teacher, I’m a new member of your class. My name is Hye Jin Choi, please take care of me.” She handed him the paper that he looked at for merely seconds before noticing the age.

“Seventeen? Aren’t you mistaken?” The teacher’s exclamation made Hye Jin sigh.

“No. I’m seventeen indeed, but due to my sickness, it is my first time attending high school… or school in general.” Whispers filled the room, and teacher had to hit the board with a stick he had in hands to bring some orders.

“I see. Introduce yourself to your classmates first, and then you can sit.” The teacher tiredly said and Hye Jin finally faced the kids in front of her, and her heart jumped at their studying eyes; it was her first contact with such huge number of kids.

She bowed, hesitantly, and looked up seeking for Taemin, the only person she knew. “My name is Hye Jin Choi, I’ve been sick so I was home schooled until this year. I hoped to live the experience of being a high school student. Please take care of me.”

“What kind of sickness is that?” A boy in the last row said, with a mocking tone. Hye Jin tensed as she noticed that he was one of the six kids called Kangta.

“A Heart disfunction.” Hye Jin automatically answered. “I planted a new heart in order to survive. Does my answer satisfy your curiosity?” Her smirk showed up as she looked in the eyes of the other kids. “Do you have anything to ask? I’m willing to answer, anytime.” As the silence replied her, she bowed to the surprised teacher and went to sit behind Taemin, in the last row.

“What the hell are you doing?” Taemin hissed looking at her with wide eyes. “It’s the Kangta’s seats.”

She looked at the kid who turned so red that he looked ridiculous, and then looked back to Taemin. “Do I look like I care?” Taemin blinked and shook his head. “Then don’t worry.” She pointed to the board and Taemin looked back, as well as many kids, to the teacher who was explaining something in the board. Hye Jin’s day was meant to be ed up, she knew it, and for god-only-knows reasons, she turned her defense mode.

By the end of the first period, the teacher left the room and each kid turned to his friend, speaking loudly about Hye Jin, as if she was invisible.

Suddenly, the kid stood up, and pushed the chair next to hers so hard it fell. “Do you think it’s funny? What do you consider yourself, some kind of goddess or something?” Hye Jin kept writing ignoring him. “Yah! I’m speaking to you.” He was about to touch her when she grabbed his hand and twisted it painfully.

She stood to face him, making sure he was looking at her. “1. Do not disturb me when I’m writing. 2. I’m older then you should speak politely. 3. I am not afraid of you and your friends, so you should keep your attitude for someone else. Got it?” She let him go and he rushed out of the room. She soon noticed the silence and sat back in her seat.

“You made a mistake.” Taemin’s voice made her look up. “They will try to turn your life into a real hell.” She chuckled, amused, when he pouted. “I am serious.” Her hand reached for his hair. A sign of affection she rarely showed.

“Don’t worry for me, Taeminnie. Just focus on studying.” She noticed the deep blush that showed up in his face as he shyly smiled and nodded. Before he could, the door slammed open, and the six kids where facing Hye Jin who looked down to her notebook, holding a pen.

“You. Fatty in my seat.” One of the kids called. “Get your here.” Taemin looked at Hye Jin, worried.

“Do you want my notes, Taemin?” She asked with a neutral tone. “If not, look back to your own notebook.”

“Noona…” Taemin hesitantly started as a chuckle was suddenly heard and he looked in front of him. The teacher got in and the students sat back, trying to ignore the tension behind them. The Kangta left the classroom when Hye Jin felt a paper slip to her table.

Don’t provoke them, they will hurt you.

His writing was cute, and she smiled because of it. She wrote: They won’t hurt a soul, as long as I’m here. Just watch me.

Taemin took his time to answer her back. Your hand move was so fast. I didn’t see you twist his hand.

I’ve been practicing some martial arts at home for fun. Her mother told her to learn at least the basic of self-defense when Hye Jin noticed that her defense mode already got a huge number of technics, and as soon as she turn it on, she turn into a master.  It was one of the reasons she loved that mode the most. The paper slid in front of her and woke her from her daze.

Teach me some, please.

I’ll teach you moves, and you practice on your own whenever you can. As she gave him the paper back, he let out a happy almost soundless yelp.

“Is there anything you want to share with us, Mr. Lee?” The teacher asked them suddenly.

“I accidentally kicked his leg.” Hye Jin replied. “Sorry, sir.” The teacher nodded and looked back to the board where he kept explaining some equations. Taemin looked at her and smiled. The second period ended and it was Lunch break. Taemin stood in front of her, with an excited expression. “Are you going to teach me now?”

“Sure.” She said when she noticed the kids getting in. Taemin gasped and paled.

“It have been a while, little .” One of them said as he faced Taemin.

“Taemin. Go stand by the board.” Hye Jin said as she stood in front of the kid. Taemin ran there, while Hye Jin opened her vest and freed her hair. “Now, what is the reason for you to waste my precious lunch time?” One held her vest, and she fast slapped him before any of them could see it coming.

“Leader!” The other kids rushed by their leader’s side then they faced her, pissed off extremely.

“!” One of them attacked her, and she kept dodging, with a smile. It was only when they became four against her that her smile fell.

“Why don’t we take this out?” She said looking at the leader who kept the most scary expression in Taemin’s memory. She walked out and pulled Taemin with her. “Run.” They ran out to the cafeteria. “Go to your friends.” She said before dodging a punch.

“Hey! Kids! Stop it.” A teacher said while Hye Jin raised her hands up, dodging a punch. She kept dodging and dodging until the kids were out of breath.

“I have three minutes left for my lunch break, what would I do with you kids?” She hissed. She ran to her locker and took her hidden lunch box where she had a salad and her green jus. She took them to the stairway, running up to the roof where she hoped to be alone. “Two minutes and twenty seconds. I was fast.” She sat and took her salad, almost without chewing, and drank down her jus, when she got a call from her mother.

“Hi, Mom.” She said happily as she answered the phone. “I just finished lunch.”

“Glad you did. I was calling to check on you. How was your first day?” The woman asked and as Hye Jin looked down from the roof.

“I didn’t know it could be this fun.” Hye Jin commented with a smile. “I made myself a friend. I’ll tell you more when I’ll go back home.”

“I’ll wait for the details.” Her mother seemed happy to hear so, and relieved. “I’ll let you go back to the classroom.”

“Yeah. See you mom.” As Hye Jin observed the view, she noticed a familiar kid being cornered by many. She didn’t need to check, she knew it was Taemin, and she ran the fastest she managed.

I never beta read because I on it, can someone at least tell me if I did good this time?