The 16th chapter

Android Love.
XSYKOTICA
The discovery

Hye Jin remained silent for the entire day and luckily they met Key and Jonghyun who were loud enough to fill the space with discussions.

Taemin and Jongin seemed unnoticing her silence as they enjoyed their new looks, while Jin Ki observed her. He sensed her sadness and he knew he had to do something. He pulled her closer and kissed under her ear which made her have a sudden electroshocking sensation. "Hye Jin..." she looked at him and he smiled. "You are different since you returned from that ally." She looked at him and nodded as she nuzzled him.

"I killed the people who kidnapped Jongin and Taemin." She whispered enough loud for him to hear. He pushed her to observe her with wide horror filled eyes. "I did and they both know."

Jin ki looked over Jongin and Taemin who were laughing at something Kibum said before looking at Hye Jin who stood. "Guys. I am feeling a little tired. I will head home."

"But... will I stay alone?" Jongin looked frightened. "Can't you sleep over my place?"

Hye Jin smiled. "I wish I can. But you can sleep over mine. Taemin will stay with you until his place and I will send you the driver to fetch you from there."

Jongin nodded worriedly when Taemin hugged him. "I will walk you home with Hyung."

Kibum and Jonghyun observed the situation in silence as Jin Ki looked shocked and dazzled. Hye Jin left them with a lifeless expression, before taking a taxi. She stayed like that enough long to reach home when she cried as soon as her feets stepped beyond the gates. She ran to her room, getting in her bed and setting the computer in a shut down mode for five hours. By the time she will wake up, it will be midnight and everybody would be asleep.

However, what she didn't plan is that Jongin insisted for Taemin to stay with him. "I don't want to be alone with a stranger." Jongin sobbed in Taemin's embrace. Jin Ki offered them for the three of them to head to the house. Surprisingly, only Dambi was inside the house and she told them Hye Jin had locked her room and slept as soon as she got home. But as soon as she said so, she left them to answer the phone.

"Come Tae min hyung! I know where is Hye Jin's room." Jongin offered to Taemin who nodded. "Can you wait for us a little bit, hyung?"

Jin Ki raised an eyebrow. "I am coming with you." He noticed Jongin pale expression. "I wish to check on her as well."

Jongin could say nothing as he walked ahead, followed by the Lee brothers. As soon as he stood by Hye Jin's door, Jongin froze when it opened. "Please wait." Jongin seemed frightened from Jin Ki but as soon as he pulled Taemin and pushed the door closed, Taemin noticed why. Hye Jin was connected to wires, her skin and body was less human than he could imagine.

He looked over Jongin who tried to lock the door when suddenly Jin Ki pushed it open. "Stop trying to block the do... Hye Jin?"

Taemin stood closer to the bed but couldn't touch as an invisible wall protected Hye Jin and soon a countdown appeared. "Shut down program will end in 03:12:40." Taemin read aloud. "What does a shut down mean?" He looked over his shocked and frozen brother and soon realization fell in. "Hyung... don't tell anyone."

"When did you know..." Jin Ki's throat was so heavy. Jongin sobbed at that.

"She tried to not fall in love because she knew... she knew you will hate her." Jinki looked over the kid who stood to stand between him and Hye Jin. "You already made her wish she was fully a robot... You made her wish she never loved... please... stop hurting her." Jongin fell on his knees. "I know it is shocking but please... don't let her know you know." Jin Ki remained frozen there.

"I knew when as Jongin and I got kidnapped, she stood above our shaken and helpless bodies and she killed them all without mercy." Taemin said suddenly. "She did because they did hurt her only friend. They did hurt me, kidnapped me... and that make me realize that she used her unhuman body to protect me the whole time..." he knelt next Jongin who held her hand. "You wanted to know what she did hide..."

"But were you ready to face the truth?" Jongin completed. "She had been the most human among all the humans..."

"While she was a mere robot." Taemin finished and looked down. "If you refuse her truth, just please don't let her know." They stood there for what seemed an eternity when Jin Ki walked out of the room. "I will join my brother." Taemin and Jongin looked at each other as they got tears. "Stay with her, Jongin." Jongin just nodded and observed Taemin running out. He remained there, until sleep overcame and he slept on the floor.

Meanwhile, Jin Ki was walking home with wet cheeks, Taemin didn't dare to talk to him. As soon as they got in the lee mansion, Jinki pulled Taemin to his room. "Sleep with me." Taemin nodded at Jin Ki barely audible request. Jinki got in the bed without changing and Taemin followed. "Why didn't she... just tell me?"

Taemin looked at him absently. "She told you once that she can't let herself love..." Jinki tensed as he recall her words.

What would that change? You don’t accept me like this, so I know you won’t accept the truth.

I can’t show you the truth.

I can’t be who I am, why don’t you try and get it in your slow brain?

I have a reason, specific and clear, to not let myself fall in love with anybody… so I can’t let you get in my life. However, I can’t step away… you mean so much to me.

"She warned me about it often."Jin Ki mumbled in shock. "But..." He sobbed suddenly. "I love her, Taemin. I can deny it forever. I had never loved someone as much."

Taemin pulled his hyung closer. "Then love her. Robot or not, she still has a human heart who loves you." Taemin pasted a kiss on Jin ki's forehead and pulled Jin Ki closer. "Love her as much as you can."

Jin Ki allowed himself to cry until sleep over came. In the next few hours, Jongin was awaken by arms lifting his body. He jerked awake as a soft surface touched his skin. "Relax." Hye Jin's voice reached his ears and looked at the girl in surprise.

"Noona." He called softly as he held her hand. "Sleep next to me." She indeed slided in and he hugged her as tight as possible. "I am sorry."

"It is ok." Hye Jin's tone seemed neutral but Jongin knew better as her heart was beating so slowly. "I expected it when I noticed that Jin Ki got in my room."

Jongin sobbed. "It is my fault. I forgot he was there and I wanted to show your room to Taemin Hyung... he followed us and I couldn't find an excuse." Hye Jin made him look up.

She dried Jongin's cheek and kissed his head. "Don't say it is your fault. It is nobody's fault." Hye Jin's voice sudden wavered for a moment. "I am after all a robot and no robot fall in love with a human." She smiled as he looked at her in guilt. "You saved Jin Ki's heart from hurt. The sooner he hates me, the better it is."

"But what about you?" Hye Jin just smiled and closed her eyes. Jongin soon followed. In the morning, they woke up to take a breakfast and Hye Jin ate her food like normal, with a smile.

"You seem happy this morning." Dambi stated with a frown. "After your sudden shut down, I expected you to be down for a while."

"I shut my system down to save up battery." Hye Jin said without a blink. "Plus, I needed proper sleep. Did you sleep well, Nini?"

Jongin nodded with a soft smile. "I did." They walked out in pure silence only to meet Jin Ki and Taemin by the Lee's gates. Hye Jin tensed but remained passive as Jin Ki shook her hand with a strained smile. Taemin in other hand hugged her. "Did you sleep well?"

"I did shut down my system, I am sure you know that." Hye Jin deadpanned and the lee brothers froze. "I managed to have enough rest."

Taemin looked over Jin Ki who had tears already running down his cheeks. "What is a shut down?"

"It is a comatoze program which shut down the robotic side of my brain, while my human brain is still active and sedated until my batteries and my chips are repared." Hye Jin explained as they gave her a shocked expression.

"Human brain?" Jin Ki was the one to ask and Hye Jin looked away as she nodded.

"I am 23% human." She stated as she ignored him. "I have a human heart, a human half brain and a human skin tissue and hair." She froze and looked around. "Did you hear that?"

It took them a moment to hear the sound of sirens. They looked at her as she handed her bag to Taemin. "Give it to me when I reach school. Make sure to note for me."

They observed as she ran toward the sound before any of them could object. "I still find her speed fascinating." Jongin observed. "Her robotic side is powerful."

"I am sure of it." Jin Ki said as he led the kids to the bus station when the police cars passed by. "What the...?"

"Is it me or was it Noona in the car?" Jongin pointed to the cars before looking over the serious Taemin. Hye Jin had indeed found the police in front of the door and as Dambi had left and her parents had yet to comeback, she stood facing them.

"Can I do something for you gentlemen?" She asked with no hesitation.

"Choi Hye Jin?" She nodded when the man held her arm. "Please follow us to the police station, we will explain things up."

She relaxed as there was no order to lock her up and she got in the car without saying a word. As soon as she got in the police department, noticing her father and her mother with three other men surprised her. "Dad?"

They noticed her and her father gave her a reassuring look. They pushed her to an interrogation room where she rested her cuffed wrists nonchalantly. It seemed like hours when a man got in. "You seem calm for a convicted kid." The words made her blink but she remained stoic. "Tell me kid, did you see this before?"

The pictures thrown to her were of the kids who last died and her eyes got filled with tears. "They are kids."

"The same kids who shot the bus you were in." He threw her a pic of her standing in the middle of the glasses. "It was brave of you to warn the bus driver and push his head down."

"I learned it from TV." She answered without a blink. "They all bend down at the sight of a gun."

"I see." He showed her another picture of her in the werehouse parking. "Isn't it you?"

She remained stoic at that point. She rechecked her history, her barrier were on after she got in the area. ! She hissed mentally. "Yes."

"What were you doing in that werehouse that day?" She picked her phone and handed it over. She had instantly fixed it data.

"An unknown number called me to meet there." She picked the leader's picture. "I met up with this guy that day and he tried to make a deal with me. Money against my family's life."

"You refused it?" The inspector studied her.

Hye Jin scoffed. "Our family knows how to protect itself." Hye Jin smirked. "As you know, my dad is a politicien, and as a politicien, he got the kidnapping and murder threats almost daily. Nothing happened so far." She leaned to rest her head on her hands. "He wanted revenge for the accident I caused and that killed his men. I didn't budge." She observed him. "I left the man alive, rode my bike back to school then back home."

"Your school director said you told him you were kidnapped that day." The inspector remarked with a smirk back. "You were lying."

"Indeed I was. If I was kidnapped, I would head to the hospital as soon as I am free. My family would have insisted on it." Hye Jin sighed. "I wished I didn't lie that morning. It would have saved me so many suspecions." The man remained silent for a moment before picking his paper. "By the way, I lied about a Kim Jongin and Lee Taemin being kidnapped because they were skipping the class and I needed an excuse for them so don't waste time on them. You better check the autopsy before making any other move."

The inspector tensed as she stoically observed him. Hye Jin was soon led out where her father and mother waited. "Where is your bag?"

"My classmates will bring it to you." Hye Jin answred her mother while her father patted her shoulder.

"Don't worry. Ok?" Hye Jin nodded and smiled to her father. "They will keep you for twenty four hours, but I managed to give you a single cell, they will provide you pillow and cover.""

"I need none." Hye Jin said as she pulled her father to a hug. "Just don't get my friends involved in this."

But as soon as she got in, Taemin, Jongin, and Jin Ki got in the police station. "Noona!" The youngest rushed to hug her while Jin Ki bowed to her parents first.

"We heard that we were asked to witness against you." Hye Jin nodded at that and Taemin paled.

"I said that I asked for an excuse because you wanted the day off so get an good alibi ok?" Taemin seemed lost for a moment but Jongin nodded at that. They soon pulled her away. Taemin and Jongin stood helplessly as she disappeared from their sight.

"Lee Taemin?" A man stood by the kids side. Taemin nodded. "Please follow me."

Taemin was interroged and kept saying that he didn't know the kids and what happened to them because he indeed didn't. Jongin said the same. However, the unwarned Jin Ki found himself in unable to come up with excuse. "You are a grown up. Contrarily to the youngest, I am sure you will find it wise enough to answer me."

"What should I say?"

The inspector sat in front of him, smiling warmly. "Was she acting suspeciously?"

Jin Ki frowned. "Well, I fought with her so she was depressed but she did seem ok this morning. I smiled to her and she smiled back to me." Jin Ki recalled her words. "I remember though that lately she seemed... on the edge."

"On the edge? Which means?" Jin Ki noticed that he said too much. "Don't be afraid. She won't hurt you..."

"We kissed few days ago and since then... she was tense and awkward around Taemin... he is her best friend and he is my brother." He spoke while blushing. "I thought it was because she feared Taemin was opposing to our relationship but it may be something else, I don't know."

The inspector frowned. "Did she treaten you or your brother?"

"No. Of course, not." Jin Ki gave the inspector a firm glare. "She would prefer death than to let anyone hurt me or Taemin. My brother was bullied and she nearly killed herself with guilt because she didn't save him on time from bullies." Jin Ki blushed at the passion his words wore. "I am sorry, sir. But I am too subjective to give you informations."

The inspector nodded. "Indeed you are. After all you gave us a clue." Jin Ki blinked. "She prefer death than to see you hurt."

"Don't twist my words. She wouldn't kill... she would sacrify herself." Jin Ki nearly cried because he knew she did it. She said so herself but if he say so, she may never leave jail and the idea was frightening. He was dismissed and sat down by Taemin's side.

"Don't worry. She wont blame you for a thing." Jin Ki agreed to that. He will blame himself enough. They had to leave, leaving the bag with her parents, and headed to the school. Hye Jin remained in her spot for what seemed forever. Her thoughts were everywhere.

"Miss Choi." She opened her eyes to look at the front door. The cell was open for her to go and the officer had a man by her side. "The autopsy assisted to the fact they killed each other; nothing to charge you with." She stepped out of the cell and nearly out of the department when the inspector stopped her.

"I don't know how you did it but..." the inspector couldn't say more as she smiled softly to him.

"I know I look like a killer to you now but I can't take a life..." she bowed to him. "Rest well, Mr. Jung. I hope we will meet in better circumstances."

He observed her leaving and she knew she seemed suspicious to him. Her parents said nothing as they were just glad she was free. She found Jongin at home, keeping Dambi company. "Noona!" He hugged her tightly. "I worried a lot."

"What happened?" Dambi said caressing her sister cheek.

"They killed eachother in an attempt to get me in jail." Hye Jin said with a pout.

"Indeed, except from few footages, there was no way for them to prove Hye Jin did it." Siwon said as he patted on her shoulder. "But you did?"

"They faced each other while aiming in me. I just bend down and they ended up killing each other." Jongin paled. "I didn't want them to die. It was instinctive to fall on your knees in fear." She explained to him and he nodded before hugging her.

"Is it why you depressed and shut your system down?" Her mother gasped in horror. Hye Jin looked up from Jongin to meet her mother's eyes.

"Shut down?" Her voice broke. "Are you serious now, Choi Hye Jin?" She sighed and walked away leaving Dambi, Jongin and Hye Jin standing there with a very upset looking Siwon.

"I was... in pain." Hye Jin admitted, sheddig tears. "I am still in pain." She looked over her father with crying face. "They were kids."

"I know. But, shutting down your system may kill you. Especially that your brain died after the gun shot." Jongin gave them a shocked glance. "The day of your friend's accident, they did shot her and she died. It took us a miracle to reanimate her heart."

"You died." Jongin stepped back, his face filled with horror. "You... what?" Hye Jin tried to hold him but he refused it. "You did and I still... punished you... I am a monster." Jongin almost ran off if Hye Jin didn't backhug him. "Let me go..."

"You are part of the family now, Jongin." Hye Jin made him look up. "You are not a monster, you are my brother, and we always forgive our little brother."

"Speaking of brothers, your mother and I, this morning had an operation. She may be pregnant of a boy as we speak." Siwon noticed how Hye Jin and Dambi brightened at the news and he smiled. "So please, try to keep her mood up." Hye Jin nodded and followed Dambi who rushed to her mother.

She sat by her side while Dambi hugged her and expressed her happiness. Hye Jin observed as Jongin and Siwon had a concerned expression looking at them and she realized she seemed distant. "Can... can I hug you?" SungRin looked at her when she opened her arms for Hye Jin to fall in embrace but Hye Jin instead sobbed loudly. "I had been bad. I was a bad daughter to you, mom. I am sorry." Hye Jin crawled to her side and allowed her mother to hug her. "I am sorry. I wish I was just a robot and stopped hurting you all."

"You are hurting no one, my baby Hye Jin." Sang Rin shushed her. "It is ok, baby girl. You will be ok, baby." Hands joined Sang Rin at patting on Hye Jin back.

Hye Jin shook her head and looked up. "No, mom. I made you and Appa suffer. I made Nini suffer. I made Taeminnie suffer and now... Jin Ki is suffering because of me." Hye Jin gasped air. "I will leave School and lock myself in. I am a public danger."

Jongin gasped and rushed to her side. "You can't! You promised to protect us!" Hye Jin caressed his cheek and he broke down. "I need you, Hye Jin. I beg you... please stay with us at school."

Hye Jin was about to object when her mother stopped her. "Hye Jin, just go to school. Locking yourself won't make me happy." Hye Jin gave her a conflicted expression. "I just want you to be safe. No more puting yourself in danger."

"Sung Rin... you are asking her to go against nature." Siwon softly scolded. "Live the way you want, Hye Jin. Stop worrying too much. Your heart can barely handle it." Hye Jin observed them and nodded as she hiccuped and allowed her mother to dry her tears. Hye Jin slept right then and Siwon had to pick her up when she whimpered.

"Jin Ki..." she clenched her sudden hold on Siwon's shirt to a point Siwon worried. He fast put her into her bed, connecting ber to the bed when he noticed Jongin had followed him.

"Let's put you to sleep." He led the kid to the bedroom next door but Jongin remained still. "Is anything bothering you?" Jongin nodded and looked down.

"Can I sleep next to her?" The request wasn't a surprise. Dambi told them he slept on the floor the last night.

"Do you cherish my daughter that much?" Jongin looked up and nodded. He shyly smiled as he looked at the door.

"She means safety for me and I already consider her as a sister." Jongin admitted and he slowly made his way to Hye Jin's side. Holding her hand, it tensed and she brievely woke up. "Sleep. I won't leave your side."

"But Jin Ki did." Hye Jin mumbled as she fell back asleep. He slept on the floor, still jolding her hand, as Siwon and Sang Rin made sure he slept on a mattress and was covered. Dambi in other hand stood there jealously.

"I could never stay with Hye Jin in her room." Dambi objected.

SungRin laughed at her daughter's pout and pulled her closer. " I don't remember you wishing so. I still remember, you used to crawl in our room." Dambi blushed as her mother and they left the room.

I guess people find this fic and wonder why I keep writing in it >.<