The 13th Chapter.

Android Love.
XSYKOTICA
THE BUS RIDE 

The next morning, Jongin woke up as he noticed nobody around. He stood up, dizzy, and tried to remember where he was before leaving his bed, and wondering ahead. He soon heard bips and weird sounds, and peaked through the door where it came from, only to find Hye Jin connected to wires, big gray wires.

“Charging complete. Batteries operating 99,8%. Damage repair starts in fifteen seconds.” At the static voice spoke, Jongin stepped closer to find that Hye Jin was soundlessly sleeping meanwhile, and her chest was split in half with wires connected inside. Shocked, he ran back to the room he was in, and hugged himself under the bed.

“It’s just a dream. Just a dream.” He kept mumbling until someone opened the door. Hye Jin soon slid in the bed, and he tried to not flinch but did and opened his eyes to meet Hye Jin’s curious ones. “I had a nightmare.”

Her hand was warm as she rested it on his cheek. “It’s ok. I’m here. I’ll be always here for you.” He kept his gaze on her smile for a moment, before looking up and studying her eyes.  He recalled her words.

“I am pushing him because this human heart…”

“This human heart is calling for him, wanting him, and loving him.”

“I wish I was just a robot… and nothing else.”

For once, he actually understood why she was suffering the last few days. Hye Jin closed her eyes, resting before breakfast while Jongin’s eyes got filled with tears. He just understood everything. “Noona?” Hye Jin opened her eyes, smiling to him. He smiled to her and shook his head, closing his eyes, and Hye Jin’s expression fell observing him.

I’m sorry you got to know this part of me.

The breakfast was silent compared to the dinner and Sung Rin soon noticed the change in Jongin’s face as Hye Jin came back wearing her uniform. “Let’s go. We will be late for the bus.” She cheerfully spoke, and the kid just nodded. They walked for a moment, when she held his hand. “What is it, Jongin?”

“Nothing.” Jongin tried to sound cheerful, but he failed himself. He noticed the hurt expression in Hye Jin’s face, which made him realize she was human except from that detail. “I just … I’m sorry.”

Hye Jin sighed, looking away. “I am the one to be sorry. I shouldn’t have let you know.” Hye Jin paused her walk. “Please don’t tell a soul about who I am.” Jongin stood in front of her. “Please, don’t tell Jin Ki about it.”

“But I don’t truly know who you are, Noona.” Jongin frowned. “I don’t understand the whole deal.” She looked at him confusedly and he groaned looking away. “I got in your room, Noona, but that didn’t mean that I managed to understand what I’ve seen.”

“There is nothing to understand.” Hye Jin held his hand and rested it in her , which made Jongin blush madly. Her was so squishy and warm but suddenly, he felt a little pulse. He looked up, shocked. “I have a human heart. I was… made with it.”

“It’s really human? Like 100%?” She nodded. “So, I won’t say anything. After all, all what matter is what you have in that heart, so if it is human then you are human.” Jongin shyly took her hand and looked away, embarrassed. “Let’s go.” Hye Jin observed him, surprised before smiling and squeezing his hand. He smiled warmer this time and she beamed.

Taemin and Jin Ki were waiting for them, and they both frowned to their entwined hands. Jongin noticed Taemin’s glare and slowly made his way behind Hye Jin who just jumped in happily. “Good morning.” Taemin smiled to her as she leaned to kiss his cheek, while Jin Ki just grumbled something, as he seemed like he lacked sleeping. “You didn’t sleep well, as it seems.”

“I was preparing for some exams.” Jin Ki admitted, resting his head on her shoulder. “I feel so tired.”

“I’ll buy you coffee.” Hye Jin offered, pulling him to the bus stop where Taemin and Jongin walked to silently. They sat together in the bus, talking randomly about exams before the bus stopped. Hye Jin stood up, making sure the others won’t move. “What is it?”

“Someone is standing in the middle of the road.” The driver said before peaking. “Hey! Step out of the way.” Hye Jin soon noticed that the man seemed familiar and she looked around to notice people with guns pointing it on the bus.

“Everybody down!” She pushed the driver inside harshly before shots were fired on the glass, high up to not kill anyone. Hye Jin stayed still looking at the man still standing on his own in the road. She kept her gaze on him for a moment before smirking. He had pulled a gun and shot her way but she stood there without flinching. The shooting stopped and she noticed them running away. The police showed up soon after, and the injured got help while Hye Jin made sure that Taemin and Jongin had gotten in a taxi before pushing Jin Ki in another one.

“The hell happened?” Jin Ki said to her, once he knew she won’t avoid his questions. “Why did you stand like that? Why? Are you mad or something?”

Hye Jin kept her eyes on the road for a moment before looking at him. “I have a feeling that the kid who stood in front of the bus was the one who burned the school down.” Jin Ki tensed. “I saw him when I helped my classmates to wipe the class’ windows. He looked at me the same way he did in front of the bus.”

“Who is he?” Jin Ki asked her worriedly but inside he expected the answer.

“The kidnapper’s gang members or someone wishing to avenge the men I killed in the van’s accident.” Hye Jin admitted, earning a shocked expression from the driver and a paling dull face from Jin Ki. “I am not worried for myself… I am worried for you.”

“For us? Or for me?” Hye Jin gave him a look and he closed his eyes. “Oh god. Isn’t it going to end?”

Hye Jin looked down to her hands, shaken. “I’m sorry for this, you know.”  She looked at him, with a small hope. “I am trying to protect you the best I can. The bracelets I gave you have microchip that allows me to know where you are twenty four hours a day, every day. So I am sure it will be fine if you keep them.”

Jin Ki was surprised she could get microchips but he didn’t ask her how she got them because they reached school and Taemin and Jongin were nowhere to be seen. “Where is my brother?” he looked down at her as he pulled her phone.

“They are in move…” She paused and looked up. “Go to your class, Jin Ki. We will meet up at lunch.”

Dadadam !!!!!