The 15th Chapter

Android Love.
XSYKOTICA
THE LAST STRAW

Hye Jin was surprised to hear the conversation recorded by the bracelets in Jongin’s place. It made her happy, extremely happy, and she erased the recording for their privacy. “What happened? Why aren’t you in school?” her mother showed up, panicking. “Why did you activate the Attack mode?”

“It will be activated for security measure.” Hye Jin said seriously. “The kidnappers I killed had gang mates who wanted pay back and kidnapped my friends. I killed those I found while saving my friends but I’m sure something will pop out from nowhere.”

“You killed?” Her mother astonishment was pissing her off and she nodded before sleeping in her bed, and activating the fast charging mode because she had only her lunch break. Sung Rin was shocked by the girl’s coldness and ran to Siwon’s side. “She killed people.” Siwon looked at her in shock. “Hye Jin killed people. She said they kidnapped her friends and she killed them.”

“We expected it to happen someday.” Siwon was rather calm about it. “I’ll talk to her tonight after school.” Sung Rin sighed in worry and Siwon paused his task to hug her. “Look, our daughter is a soldier, she is made for this.”

Sung Rin nodded but she couldn’t keep her worries away. “But what if some cameras caught her? What if someone got evidence about it?”

Siwon smiled to her. “Hye Jin has enough electromagnetic strength to fry all the phones and the cameras in a very large scale once she turns on the shields. What I fear is if she spared someone without noticing.” Siwon pulled her closer and hugged. “We have to prepare ourselves, because Hye Jin was made for this. She couldn’t live out of her nature for too long.”

“I don’t want to lose her.” Sung Rin sobbed in her husband’s embrace when Hye Jin woke up and heard it. It made her realize that she didn’t truly think of the consequence of her acts on her family. Heading back to school, she thought of it as merely as possible and concluded it would be even good for Jongin and Taemin. Meeting Jin Ki in the gate, she smiled brightly to the frowning kid.

“I thought of an awesome idea.” She told him, as she wrapped her arms around his. “What if I take Jongin and Taemin for a full makeup change?” Jin Ki blinked before giving her a confused expression. “I’ll give them new haircuts, and I’ll even make them go through a whole makeover.”

“Why? Did something happen?” Jin Ki asked her worriedly and she looked away.

“Taemin said they tried to abuse Jongin ually.” It made Jin Ki stop. “He was so shaken when I reached him that he scotched himself to me and didn’t let me go.” Jin Ki didn’t say a word and looked away, sighing.

“This is why Taemin with him?” Jin Ki looked at her as she harbored a stoned face. “I noticed something and I wish you can be clear about it.”

“Ok?” Jin Ki pulled Hye Jin to a corner. “The lunch break ended, Jin Ki, maybe afterschool?”

Jin Ki forced her to stand in front of him. “No.” as their faces were inch far away, he sighed. “Taemin got abused ually too.”

“What? When?” Hye Jin frowned, shocked and outraged. “Who did that to Taemin?”

“I don’t know but he showed signs…”

“How couldn’t read the signs?” Hye Jin held him from moving. “Jin Ki…” The man looked away, trying to not look at her in the eyes. “Who did it to you?”

“Taemin’s mother.” The words kicked her hard and she let him go, horror written in her face. “She used to do things to me for pleasure and she brought her friends to play with her.” Jin Ki’s eyes were filled with pain. “But I’m fine now, she died and Taemin is happy around me… I don’t ask for more.” Hye Jin sneaked her arms around him and hugged him tight.

“I’ll protect you now, Jin Ki ah.” Hye Jin’s voice was serious despite the light tone she used and they looked at each other for a moment. “You are safe now, Jin Ki.”

“I know.” He smiled to her. “But I worry for my brother.” She sighed at that and made Jin Ki look at her. “What is it Noona?”

Hye Jin waited for a second before speaking. “I think Taemin and Jongin are harboring emotions for each other.” It made Jin Ki pale and nearly spoke. “I want you to accept that possibility from now on because you don’t know how it means to Taemin to see you accepting it.” His expression darkened and he walked away before answering her. Hye Jin headed to her class, working hard to copy as much as possible for her fellow friends. The day ended faster than Hye Jin expected it. With no worrying thoughts, she went to the bus stop, followed by Jin Ki who suddenly held her hand.

“Won’t we fetch Taemin?” Jin Ki’s voice wavered.

Hye Jin guessed that Jin Ki wasn’t ready to lose Taemin’s exclusive love. Not for a second time. “I thought it will be better if he stayed with Jongin. The kid felt secure around him.” She reassured. “I’ll just change clothes and head to their house; I bet they didn’t eat anything yet.”

“I want to go with you.” He held her hand. “Please. I want to see my brother again.” She nodded and they got in the bus, waving to their friends. They headed to Hye Jin’s place, where she fast changed and drove her bike out.

“Hope in!” She called him, throwing the helmet that he wore as he sat in, hugging her tightly. “Ouf! That was tight.” She laughed as he loosened up. “I was kidding. Hang on.” He ended up tightening the hug as she drove, his head buried in her hair. He didn’t notice she didn’t have a helmet only when they reached a narrowed road. He looked up as she slowed down, parking in front of an old hideous looking house. “Taemin! Jongin!”

Jongbin was the one opening the door. "Noona." He noticed Jin Ki and he paled as he made himself small by the door. "I am going to buy some takeouts" Hye Jin looked over Jin Ki and held his hand before looking at Jongin.

"Let us all go eat outside. My motobike can fit us four." Hye Jin proposed. "Also, we need to shop!"

She got as she said so while Jongin stood there unable to grasp what she meant. "Shop?"

"I will go with Taemin by bus. It is safer that way." Jin Ki proposed and Taemin who showed up with a sleepy face nodded at that as he hugged his brother. "You got only one helmet, anyway."

Hye Jin smirked. "Actually, I got three helmets but I use none." She held Jongin's hand. "Make sure to keep the bracelets in your wrists, we will meet up in Hodong."

The road to the street Hye Jin picked was rather long and Taemin felt it getting longer with Jin Ki's heavy frown. "What is it, Hyung? Did something happen?"

Jin Ki sighed deeply. "We will talk about it, later."

"So you are mad at me, isn't it?" Taemin sighed sadly and looked away. "Is it because i went to someone else home instead of that... home?"

Jin Ki wished he could snap but Taemin had all rights to be spitful. He looked at Taemin who looked at him expectedly. "Do you like that kid?"

"Who?" Taemin paled and tried to avoid looking at Jin Ki's eyes.

Jin Ki made him look at him as he glared. "You made a promise..."

"We are just friend now, Hyung and Jongin is far from being like Junwoo Hyung." Taemin mumbled pleading. "I know I promised but... Jongin is not Junwoo."

Jin Ki had opened his mouth to speak up but then he just sighed and held Taemin closer. He didn't want to hurt his brother, not now that he went through kidnapping and probably witnessed Jongin's abuse. He said nothing as he held Taemin closer until they noticed Hye Jin standing alone in the bus stop.

"Where is Jongin?" Taemin worriedly mumbled as he noticed Hye Jin's expression. He rushed out followed by his brother only to freeze by Hye Jin's side. Jongin was hiding few feet ahead of him. " what is doing?"

"He is scared of Jin Ki." Hye Jin said softly. "I think he can no longer trust anyone beside us both." Jin Ki looked at the kid who tried to act normal as Taemin rushed to his side. "Jongin was forced to ride Taemin yet his trauma didn't affect his emotions toward him" she looked over the obviously shocked man by her side before holding his hand and pulling him. "Highschool relationships rarely make it out of highschool, so please let Jongin and Taemin stay together. It won't last and they may get hurt but I doubt any of them is ready to part." Jin Ki said nothing as Hye Jin let him go, pushing the youngest males to a nearby restaurant.

"So what is the shopping plan?" Taemin wondered suddenly and Hye Jin smiled at that mysteriously. "What?"

The orders soon showed up and they ate in silence until Jongin froze and suddenly sniffed. "What is it?"

"I smell something familiar to me..." Jongin mumbled weakly. "In the van."

The other three froze suddenly as Jongin sniffed around for a moment before flinching. In Hye Jin eyesight, a man smirked to Jongin as he held his gaze on the kid. So I didn't kill them all. I can't use the attack mode in a public place and especially not in front of Jin Ki. She held Jongin's shoulder and squeezed it. "Eat. He won't hurt you. He wants me."

Jin Ki really wanted to look at the face of whoever they are talking about. "Isn't safe to take them home?" He asked her, the food forgotten.

"Eat, guys. I will handle it." She smirked evilly at the man; his own smile fell as he looked intimidated and who wouldn't? Jin Ki considered taking Taemin and leaving the country in the first plane. He forced himself to eat as did the youngest kids. Taemin sneaked his hand to hold Jongin's and squeezed it. "Let us take our time. He won't attack us in a public place." Hye Jin indeed took a bite before freezing. Her taste buds got electroshocked. ... it hurts. "I need to spit it out. If you excuse me, I will be in the washroom." She stood to run but Jin Ki held her hand. "Be careful."

She ran to the bathroom, spitting the food out and drinking up water to calm her system down. It took her a moment to notice the man by the door. "Hi." She smirked to him.

"Hi. How is your friend?I think I got addicted to him." The man chuckled. "His mouth still feel amazing around me.

Hye Jin chuckled. "Too bad." He gave her a curious expression. "I would have loved to make it the last thing you felt. However, we know both that a public attack will engender only one result." She gave him her evilest expression. "I will kill you like I killed the rest of your man."

He tensed badly and Hye Jin chuckled as she made it out of the restroom. Once out, she activated her shield which made the receptionist gasp in horror. "Our system is not working."

Hye Jik stood by her friends. "Done?" They nodded and followed her to the reception. "Our order is for 30000 won." She announced to the receptionist and she paid as they confirmed it. "It is a cable issue, by the way. The TV isn't working too."

She walked out as she left the restaurant after Jin Ki and the kids. She held Jin Ki's hand with Taemin and Jongin walking ahead of them. "What is your plan now?"

"I don't have a plan now but I will keep you safe." Hye Jin tightened her hold and called the kids to get in a hair saloon. She bowed to the men inside as she explained what she wanted. Surprisingly, she pushed Jin Ki to sit next Jongin who was nervously glaring at the mirror. "I won't be long."

Jin Ki wanted to follow her but Taemin's choice of words stopped him. "Take it easy on the guy, Noona." Hye Jin laughed as stepped out of the saloon. She had noticed the man in front of her and she raised her hands as she walked closer to him.

"Attack mode on." Since the password was supposed to be a secret, she had to act like watching the hour in her wrist band before mumbling it. She soon noticed a handful of people hiding somewhere with guns and weaponry. She looked back to the saloon and was relieved she detected no weapon around it.

"Are you backing out?" The man yelled at her with an amused tone.

"Isn't it too late to back out with your men ready to attack me?" She said with a smirk. She walked closer, surprising him with a sudden hug as she snatched his guns and successfully threw them in the trash can. "Now, we can talk. Can we?"

He had a shocked expression on but soon moved following Hye Jin to the men hideout. She was surprised to notice their youth. "Kids, huh?" They pointed their guns on her when she looked back to the man.

"Drop your weapons." His order came out shaken and Hye Jin scoffed at that.

She stepped closer to the man and crossed her arms. "So. What the heck you want from me?"

"You killed my brothers." She smirked at that. "You are a monster."

"I am a monster? I didn't shoot on a bus filled with innocents, neither I kidnapped and two young kids. I did not chose the gun as a career. You all did." Hye Jin gave the man in front of her a heavy glare. "Your brothers are the ones who pulled the trigger first. You had all to pay the price."

The silence was heavy and long. They knew it was true, she could read it in their eyes. "You will know the same fate they faced unless you drop me off, anounce me dead to your leader or whoever is sending you on my toes."

The man frowned. "You already killed our leader." He crossed his arms. "Technically I am the leader now." She laughed at that.

"You make many mistakes for a leader." She looked over the saloon."Did you forget the cameras around? Or the people who saw you already getting in the area and hiding? You think you were unnoticed?" The man tensed. "You want to avenge your friends, fine. Kill me right now, in front of all those people." Hye Jin stepped to the open street, as people passed by, ignoring her. She observed the man who frowned to me. "Forget about me."

He scoffed. "You know we will never forget you." She nodded at that and raised an amused eyebrow. "Surrunder yourself to us and we promise no harm will happen to your friends."

She sighed and walked to the trash can, fishing the guns. "You know... it is not my friends that I am worried about." She faced them and walked back to the ally before pointing her gun on the kid's head. "I am a trained soldier. Faster than anything or anyone you had seen. So, if you are still sure you can kill me, let us go."

They froze there for a moment before the leader moved. They headed to vans parking nearby. Hye Jin checked the recordings of the bracelets as they drove and soon found herself in a familiar storage building. They led her in and faced her with the guns. "Wait, you are standing in the wrong spots." The kids were stunned as she moved them. She made sure each kid was pointing at the center and technically someone else in the other side of the circle. She stood in the center while stretching. "Shoot me, all at once, and don't try to miss me."

They pointed on her head, the seconds ticking like detonating bombs. She closed her eyes as they shoot, fast moving before any of the shots hit her. She stood up to face the leader who had a horror expression in his face. He fell first, blood filling his chest and more followed. They died on the spot, Hye Jin made sure of that before allowing few tears. She sobbed as she ran away. She drove midway, checked the van before hiding it between the trees. She ran back to the saloon, using her entire generating system, before noticing that none of the men were in it.

"Where are they?" The men ignored her and se had to call. Jin Ki picked up as fast as she called. "Where are you? I am in the saloon."

Jin ki sighed. "We are in the police station. Taemin freaked out when he saw you getting in an ally." Hye Jin sighed. "I will handle it, just relax and wait for us there."

They did make time to come but when they did, they knew something was up. Hye Jin looked lifeless.

No beta reading or whatsoever