Different is good

Abandoned- the diaries of seungcheol and doyoon
Cheol's diary
 
[march 1st 2005]
 
I've made a new friend. Sort of. We're kind of at the beginning stage of friendship, you know when it's awkward. keke. His name is Jang Doyoon and he's the same age as me! He also dances and sings really well… but i noticed that he doesn't really have other friends other than the noisy girls that stalk him? 
 
 
[march 6th 2005] 
 
I'm really glad someone like Doyoon was there for me. He's a sweet boy. After these past few days, i've learnt a lot about him. Like how his lifelong dream was to become a performer, and his favourite food was ddeokbokki and friend chicken. Oh he also told me that he preferred to go around school alone.. until i came. hehe. 
 
 
[march 11th 2005] 
 
Today I watched Doyoon dance. He was sooooo good! I wanna learn too T.T Maybe i could ask him to teach me a few moves? keke. 
 
 
[march 12th 2005]
 
I was told to do a project for my photography class. I was supposed to take pictures according to the topic "Dynamic". The first thing that came into my mind was of course, Jang Doyoon and his amazing dancing. I knew that he enjoyed performing for others to see and of course wanted to flaunt his style so i asked him to be the subject of my picture. He agreed. 
 
 
[march 13th 2005] 
 
Right now, i'm in the school's dance studio. This place is really spacious and pretty. Doyoon's doing some warm ups before i snap the pictures of him. 
 
………… 
 
Hey. So i finished with the "photoshoot" and the pictures turned out great! I'm hoping to ace this assignment! Oh and Doyoon taught me some basic hiphop moves too. I think i'm not that bad of a dancer, if i might say so myself. 
 
 
[march 15th 2005] 
 
Today Doyoon and i were getting to know more about each other because we didn't really get the chance to during the early stages of our friendship what with my photography project and his dance practices. But now that i've gotten a free period in my new class schedule and his dance practices have moved to the afternoon, we decided to talk about more about our lives.
 
Doyoon came from a wealthy family (duh, he goes to SHINHWA). Anyway, his parents own a sneaker business and are apparently against his dream of becoming a performer which is a waste of pure talent if you ask me. Doyoon was also the only child. After that, he talked about his dream. To become, i quote, "The world's greatest performer". I watched as his eyes sparkled and how his face brightened when he spoke about dancing and singing, his passion radiating off his body. 
 
……………
 
When it was my turn though, i kind of got a little insecure because I've never really talked about my family and personal life to anyone. If i remembered correctly, this was how the conversation went: 
 
"You do photography right? When did you start getting into taking pics then?" Doyoon inquired. 
 
"It was when i was helping out my parents with their stall a few years ago. I noticed the beautiful flowers, how they swayed in the wind during spring. As the months passed, it was became autumn. I watched the caramel coloured leaves gently fell to the ground. When winter came, i noticed how all the plants around me were withered but still looked pretty covered in blankets of snow. I wanted to remember these details so i began taking pictures of them. One picture turned into a thousand others… I guess you could say that nature made me love photography." I recounted. 
 
"Oh.. Wait. Your parents own a store too?! What kind of stuff do they sell?" Doyoon asked eagerly. 
 
I hesitated, "Umm not a store actually. Just a stall… A street food stand." I was kind of ashamed to admit it because a puny street store could not compare to the Jangs' entire sneaker business. I braced myself for the teasing and condescending look to come. Just like how the rest of the school reacted when they found out i was on scholarship. 
 
"OH MY GOSH!!! REALLY? I LOVE LOVE LOVE STREET FOOD. TAKE ME THERE PLEASE?" Doyoon jumped about, tugging me towards the entrance of my school. And just like that, we ended up infront of Cheollie's snacks. That name still makes me cringe.
 
"AHJUMMA! ONE MORE STICK OF DDEOKBOKKI PLEASE. OH AND FISHCAKE TOO. MORE SAUCE. THANK YOU!!" I couldn't help but smile at my friend. He wasn't like the rest. He was accepting and different. I liked that about him. 
 
 
[march 16th 2005]
 
"Doyoon, you're different."
 
"Is that bad?"
 
"No no. Different is good." 
 
 

 

 

A/N: Hey guys! I'm sorry for not updating lately, it's because school's been really busy. I'll try to update more!