Final

Abandoned- the diaries of seungcheol and doyoon
Cheol's diary
 
[November 17th 2010] 
 
It was Leukemia.
 
The beanies. 
 
The painkillers.
 
I should've known. 
 
Why do you always mess up, Choi Seungcheol? 
 
Just when everything's going better, you lose something. 
 
-------
 
Waiting outside the room was painful. They told me that they'd call me in when he woke up. He went unconscious in the ambulance.
 
I watched the clock on the wall. Tick tock, tick tock. 
 
Then, my phone rang again. I didn't pick up. 18 missed calls. 
 
God, just cancel my whole schedule for today. 
 
I closed my eyes. 
 
 
"Just put me to sleep." I heard his voice. He was straining. They didn't let me in for a few minutes. I suppose that they were fixing the medical stuff around him. 
 
 
The doctor came out, "He just woke up but he's not in a good condition. He's at stage 4." 
 
It was de ja vu. 
 
I went in to see him. 
 
He was still the same Jang Doyoon i know. Clear skin and big eyes. He just looked too tired now, he was bald too. 
 
I took a seat beside him, "Why didn't you tell me?" 
 
"I'm sorry" He managed.
 
"You told me you wouldn't leave me again. You aren't right?" I was clingling to this small silver of hope that he could pull through. 
 
He shook his head no, "I'm sorry, Cheol…" 
 
"Is that all you can do? Apologise for something that isn't your fault?" I was mad at him for not telling me but I was madder at myself for not noticing it. 
 
"This cancer. It was killing you slowly, day by day… Why did you hide it?" 
 
"I didn't want… you to… worry. I didn't want… to cause you more stress… I wanted you to be… happy." He took in sharp breaths. He didn't have much time left. A tear streamed down my face, i wiped it away. 
 
"Jang Doyoon. You're different, you know." 
 
"Different is… good, right?" He asked, slightly smiling. 
 
"Yes, it is." I smiled back. 
 
Then he closed his eyes and entered an eternal slumber. 
 
 
[November 20th 2010] 
 
I went to clear up Doyoon's things in place of his parents who were in New York or whatever.
 
I came across a familiar book. A book of memories. I couldn't help but flip to the last page. I think it was written when he was at the hospital. 
 
 
I'm at the last part of my life now. I've lived my life to it's fullest.
 
And I'm happy. I hope i've made the people i've helped happy too. 
 
I am happy, Doyoon. 
I am
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
A/N Lol hi. The last part was inspired by The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. Hope you liked the story! Do leave comments!!