This is love

Makeover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 8: This is love ***

Jaejoong stepped into the big, new condo hesitantly. He stood frozen in the middle of the huge living room, looking around the lush and well-decorated house in awed. The soft-yellowish painted wall, giving out a warm and welcoming atmosphere. He had been in Yunho’s place before and he knew this was not the man’s house that he used to visit.

“What are you standing there like a statue for? Just have a seat.”

Jaejoong jumped by the sudden voice that came behind him. Yunho had leisurely carried his luggage and took it straight into the bedroom. Jaejoong watched the man in disbelief, started to feel disquieting about the situation.

“Have you just moved in here?” He asked once Yunho walked out of the room.

“No, this is just one of houses that were given to me by my late father. I never live here, but there is a hired housekeeper that would come here constantly, cleaning and keeping everything in the house organized.” Yunho said and looked around, checking the place that he hadn’t stepped in so long.

‘Just how much properties this rich-snobbish guy owned?’ Jaejoong thought silently. “Then…w-why are you taking me here?”

“Isn’t it obvious? You don’t have a place to stay. So, you can just stay here as long as you want and use every space here free as you like.” Yunho said and flashed a warm smile ever, making Jaejoong to look at him sceptically. “Or…do you prefer to live with me instead?” The man raised an eyebrow, anticipating the other’s reaction.

Jaejoong’s face flushed. “There is no way I would.” He blurted out quickly. “You… to see you suddenly being this kind and so bold in your actions is scarier than the usual you, who always being self-centred.”

“Oh, really? Well, that’s a different now...” Yunho muttered nonchalantly.

“What’s the different?” Jaejoong frowned, seeing the man just smirked at his statement.

“That’s before I fall for you. Now, I’m treating you differently as someone I love.” Yunho replied curtly.

Jaejoong blinked his eyes, looking dumbfounded before he turned to look away, avoiding Yunho’s gaze. He could felt his heart fluttered uncomfortably – he was still strongly denied the fact of the man had affected him that way.

“Just stop playing around, stupid…” He muttered.

Yunho sighed. “Why is it hard for you to believe me? I said I’m being serious about my feeling to you. Can’t you just accept it?”

Jaejoong remained silent, only looking at the fluffy red carpet underneath his feet this time. It was not that he didn’t believe the man. He just had his heart broken and lost his trust in love that he had been keeping for long in just one night. And to have the man who he thought was straight as a ruler, and would be the last person in this world that would look at him that way suddenly confessed - it gave him another shock of his life.

“Tch, you are getting hard to understand now. Come here…” Yunho tugged the silent man’s hand as he saw the other just stood stiffly, out of response again.

Jaejoong looked panic as Yunho led him to the bedroom. He pulled his hand from the man instantly. “Where are you taking me?”

Yunho stopped in his step and looked at the restless-looking Jaejoong questioningly. “It’s getting late and you look tired. So, I’m taking you to bed.”

“Oh, it’s okay. I… I will just sleep here.” Jaejoong pointed to the sofa in the living room in his immediate response. It was strange to be treated gently by the other.

Yunho looked at the pointed spot. He smirked as he looked back at Jaejoong’s anxious look. “No. I’ll not let the one I love sleeping in such uncomfortable place. Let’s sleep in the room.” Yunho said purposefully.

“No! I… I love sleeping on the sofa more!” Jaejoong tried to protest.

“Hmm… it looks like I don’t have a choice then.” Yunho said with a serious face while staring into those worrying eyes of Jaejoong.

Jaejoong froze as the man leaned closer to his side of face.

“So, should I teach you to start loving the bed more from now on?” Yunho whispered to his ear with a cunning smile tugged his lips, intentionally his words sending another message to the flustered-looking man.

“N-no we… we can’t!” Jaejoong blurted out as Yunho continued dragging him into the bedroom that occupied by a king-size bed and full-height single wardrobe.

“We can’t?” Yunho turned around, looking at the smaller man in amused this time. “We can’t what Jaejoongie?”

Jaejoong’s heart thumped by the way the other called him and he gulped to find a right word to explain to the man.

“I… I’m not ready to sleep with you.” He said it straightaway. His answer just made Yunho suddenly burst out laughing so hard that he was holding his stomach. Jaejoong stared at the man confusedly.

“As expected from you… never failed to amuse me!” Yunho said in his remaining laughter. “That’s such a quick jump. Even I would like to, but I’m not such impudent man.”

Jaejoong’s face turned sour as he realized the man was fooling with him again. “You’re a jerk…”

Yunho stopped from his teasing as he saw the other was pouting now, looking irritated. He held back himself from sneakily pecking those pouty lips – it was always hard to resist such a cute sight.

“I’m sorry for your disappointment, but not tonight Kim Jaejoong. Maybe after you’re ready as you said, okay?” Yunho said and observed the man’s expression again, before Jaejoong started to take down his words and retaliated.

“That’s not what I meant!”

“Oh, but that’s how it sound to me.” Yunho smiled.

“No, that will never happen!”

“Don’t be so sure Jaejoongie, we will see.” Yunho grinned and walked out of the room before closing the door behind him.

“There’s nothing to see, because it will never happen!”

Jaejoong could heard the man chuckled away at his tantrum, didn’t take it seriously that made him feel more annoyed. The fact of he couldn’t help but feel his heart had always wining away by every move the man made on him, making him feel scared. There were many times that he was disappointed by the man he loved, also where he had disappointed the other by his tedious appearance. Thus, it was the best if he didn’t start any if the ending was something inevitable, he would end up being hurt again. It would be the matter of time before he was left alone - back to his previous life that lingering in loneliness and emptiness. There was no one to care and no one to love.

He promised to himself it should be good to live alone from now on. He should just love himself and no one else. And for someone who used to be a homophobic as Yunho suddenly confessed to him, it was like digging out the worse trouble. It would open more possibilities to be left and abandoned again someday, it was too risky – he thought.

Jaejoong walked to the bed and dropped his exhausted body onto the restful mattress. For tonight, he would just stay here since he really had nowhere to go. His mind couldn’t do the thinking for now.

“Let’s just think about leaving tomorrow.” He mumbled to himself before his eyes getting heavier. He felt so tired physically and mentally, and it took him just seconds before he dozed off into oblivion.

***

The next morning, Jaejoong was awakened by the faint clanking sound; seemingly someone was doing the dish in the kitchen. It took him a moment to remember what had happened and his whereabouts before he jumped out of the bed, realizing he had overslept. He went straight to wash up before he stepped out of the room.

“Oh, did I wake you up? I’m sorry.”

Jaejoong stunned upon saw an unknown lady stepped out from the kitchen. He then remembered what Yunho told him last night; there was a hired maid that would come over once in a while for taking care of the house.

“Oh, it’s okay!” Jaejoong bowed slightly at her and smiled awkwardly. “I’m leaving now. So, can you pass a message to Yunho? Please tell him that I say thank you for everything.” Jaejoong said as the maid looked up at him confusedly. Yunho must be already off to work or somewhere more important, considering the man wasn’t the type that would be loitering around over something that won’t give him any profits.

“Why don’t you tell that straight to my face then?” Jaejoong jumped at the sudden voice behind him, as the mentioned man came out of nowhere. With both hands in his trouser pocket, Yunho walked closer to the puzzled-looking man.

“Mr. Jung has been waiting since early morning to have breakfast with you, Mr. Kim.” The maid spoke suddenly and smiled before she walked away to the living room and continued her duty.

Jaejoong looked at her curiously, it was not just the fact of she knew his name, but the way she addressed him made him felt somewhat uncomfortable.

“What are you looking so dumfounded for, snapped out of it.” Yunho flicked his finger before the smaller man’s face, pulling back Jaejoong’s attention to him before he took his hand and pushed the man to sit down at dining table, where the breakfast had already served.

Jaejoong’s eyes dropped on the morning newspaper on the table as his eyes caught the familiar face on the front page. Feeling alarmed, he grabbed the paper and read the bold headline of today’s news.

‘Jung corp decided to delay their CEO selection and successions plan.’

“What is this..?” Jaejoong mumbled before the paper was snatched out from him.

“It’s just baseless news that is overstated by media. It’s not worth to read.” Yunho said as he put away the paper from Jaejoong before pouring the coffee for the other.

“The announcement… is cancelled?” Jaejoong muttered as he looked at Yunho.

“Is it because you escaped from the event last night? Then… your grandfather cancelled the important announcement, isn’t it?” Jaejoong said, looking panic. “Is it…my fault?”

Yunho chuckled upon seen the other’s freaked expression. “Yah, it has nothing to do with you.”

“Then, why…” Jaejoong stared at the man before him with tearful eyes, didn’t know what he should say suddenly. He knew how long Yunho had waiting for the night where he can get back what was originally belonged to his parents.

“Tch, forget it. It’s not important to me anymore.” Yunho stretched his hand out and pinched Jaejoong’s nose, making the latter yelped at his action.

“What’s that for?!” Jaejoong pouted as he rubbed his reddening nose.

“You’re looking at me with a pity look. That’s so annoying.” Yunho muttered.

Jaejoong huffed and his mind was distracted immediately as he recalled something that happened early.

 “By the way, did you tell the maid something about me?” He asked as Yunho handed him his coffee.

“Hmm…I’ve just said that you are the new occupant here. Also she will be working according to your order from now on. So, at least she should know who the house owner is.”

“Oh, I see...” Jaejoong nodded. “Wait, w-what?? Owner?!” Jaejoong asked, shocked after the words downed on him.

“Yes, starting from now on, you will stay here, in this house.” Yunho phrased while slicing the hot pancake for him.

“Yah, are you crazy? I’m jobless now and I’ve just calculating to stay at sauna for the meantime before I can find a decent job, and now you asked me to stay here and even have a maid? How am I going to afford that?” Jaejoong stared at the man in disbelief.

“I don’t remember asking you to pay for it, do I? Just stay here comfortably.” Yunho muttered, still in his couldn’t careless look.

Jaejoong threw an incredulous look at the man before him, who now sipping his coffee composedly, as what he said was something natural.

“Do you pity me?”

“What?” Yunho looked up at him, some emotions b in those translucent eyes.

“Suddenly offering me a shelter? I don’t want your constant help... I feel like I’m an object of your pity.” Jaejoong said his mind out this time.

 “I think you misunderstood something here. You don’t need to pay for the place, because you’ll be working for it. This house will be provided to you as a staff accommodation.”

“Uh, what work?” Jaejoong asked confusedly.

“The job offer that I’ve recommend to you before. You know, it’s still open, only for you to decide and settle in. And this house, it will be provided to you by the company directly as long as you work with them.” Yunho said calmly. “So, how is it sound?”

“Why would the company do that? Isn’t this your house?”

“Erm… I was planning to keep it a secret, but since you are quite smart in catching the situation than the usual you that used to be slow before. Then I will tell you.” Yunho grinned as Jaejoong shoot him a glare.

“Actually I’ve started my own business since three years ago, without my grandfather know, of course. I’ve just feel the need to make a preparation for myself, in case he kicked me out from the list of his successors. It’s just a small business, but then it has been growing every year since we started.” Yunho explained.

“We?” Jaejoong asked, looking somewhat impressed. 

“Yeah, we. Changmin and I. We’ve been doing the properties business together. So, with the experience that he gained from my family’s company, he helped contributing in this business too. So now, I really wanted to propose you, who have been working in this field for more-than-enough experience to join me too. So, what’s your answer Kim Jaejoong?” Yunho asked directly.

Jaejoong fell into silence. Was the man planning something ahead to hook him near? He opened his mouth to refuse the offer before he realized his current desperate situation had left him no choice. The offer was quite tempting when he was in a tight spot where he couldn’t be acting difficult this time. Without anything to argue, he just dropped his head down, looking debilitated for once. As if Yunho could see the ambivalence about his choices in his mind, he felt hopeless.

“I’ll work hard...” He subjugated to the suggestion since he had no job, money and place to stay. 

Lifting up his cup, Yunho smiled as he sipped his coffee, eyes still on the smaller man.

‘Soon, Kim Jaejoong… I promise to bring back your trust to love someone again. And show you that I’m different from that man.’ He thought to himself, resolutely.

***

Jaejoong stared out the large window, watching the full grander view from the deluxe office that located on the highest floor of the building had to offer. His mind started thinking back of how he had ended in this room two months ago, that caused by a certain persistent man. His mind just flew to think about the latter when a soft knock on the door roused him from his reverie.

“Are you not going back yet? Have you finished the report?” Soo Young, the friendly secretary in the company peeked behind the door, wearing her usual smile. The most pleasant thing Jaejoong found in his new workplace was the environment here was far better than the previous ones that he had ever worked at. The people around him were mostly kind and friendly, they knew how to respect each other. Jaejoong had to give credit to Yunho for that, successfully instilled a positive working environment - unexpectedly the man really had the capability as a leader.

“Everything is done now. I’m about to leave too.” Jaejoong started gathering his things, now realized that he had stayed later at the office than he usually did.

“Then, I can give you a ride.” Soo Young offered.

“No, it’s okay. I feel like walking home today. It’s not that far from my place.” Jaejoong reasoned, as he felt like it’s been so long he didn’t take a gratitude walk as he usually did before. It was only the moment where he can find and appreciate myriad blessings for each thing that had happened, large and small that were presented in his life, despite the upsetting reality he had to facing.

“Okay, then I’ll be heading home first. I’ve a family dinner today and my mom already nagged at me if I come home after everyone gathered around the table.” She said.

Jaejoong chuckled and waved at her to go back quickly.

“How nice to have people nagging at you and waiting for you to come home...” Jaejoong mumbled to himself before he started to walk out of his office.

As if it was another unlucky day, the rain started pouring down once he reached the ground floor.  

“Haa… just when I’m about to enjoy the chilly air tonight. This is too much.” He muttered in glum, but then the beep sound of message coming distracted his saddened though. Jaejoong pulled out his cell phone from his trouser pocket.

‘I’m coming to pick you up now, wait for me.’

Unconsciously a small smile curled on Jaejoong’s lips as his fingers were just fast typing a reply to the sender that never missed a day to text him. For the past two months, Yunho was never tired in pursuing him. The man intentions was so obvious at the point Jaejoong always lost an idea h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter