The truth

Makeover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 6: The truth

***

 

"Uh, Yunho where are we going?" Jaejoong was caught off by surprise as Yunho suddenly pulled his arm, dragging him to the opened door.

"If you are not going to answer me, then let's see the man that has hurt you now." Yunho's tone sounded hard and cold.

Jaejoong's heart jumped upon heard the word.

"W-wait...Yunho..." Now, Jaejoong sounded panic and tried to stop the man who was about to stepped out, dragging him along. Jaejoong knew it was not good to face Siwon now when the man was still mad, moreover with a person that had triggered his lover to show the side of him that he never saw before. It was first time Siwon treated him that way. To Jaejoong, Choi Siwon was the most gentle and caring person he ever met and knew in his life.

"No, Yunho... stop it!" Jaejoong pulled back his arm from the strong grip. He winced once he felt the pain on his bruised wrist shot up, he held his hand to his chest.

Yunho stopped from his track and turned around, shooting a glare at the strong-willed man before him who still resisted to talk; never had the nerve to spit the thing that he held inside him.

"So, it's him right?" The anger was clearly seeping through the manly one's tone.

Jaejoong dropped his eyes looking down, avoiding the questioning stare from the other.

Even he was being treated wrongly or insulted, never once he lifted up his head and fight back. The thought alone had enough angered Yunho even more. He grabbed Jaejoong's arm again, this time not strong as before as he aware of the man's injured hand. He pushed the latter to settle down on the long couch behind him.

There was a moment of torturing silence as Yunho dropped himself beside the quite man, waiting for Jaejoong who looked distraught to voice out something first.

Just a moment ago, the petite male looked so cheerful in their last date, with face never lack of showing his brightest smile. Yunho knew something had happened after he dropped Jaejoong home just a while ago.

"Why this love is so hurt..?" Jaejoong suddenly muttered. His voice was low and his words were tarnished with bitterness.

"Are you sure it is love what you feel toward him now?" Yunho's sudden question brought Jaejoong to look up at him with his swollen-red eyes. Yunho could see a trace of tears sticking on those long eyelashes, indicated the other had been crying before he arrived.

"What do you meant?" Jaejoong asked.

"What I see... it is not love that make you still holding onto him, but the feeling of insecurity at the thought of being leave alone. You're actually afraid to live your life just like before you meet him, aren't you?" Yunho said straightly, as if it was a fact. His eyes scrutinized the pretty male's face intensely, searching the truth behind his words.

Those words were just dug into Jaejoong like daggers. Did he really feel that way?

"No, I... I still love him..." Jaejoong muttered lowly with uncertain look in his eyes. Somehow, it sounded like trying to ensure himself.

"Jaejoong..."

Jaejoong looked up again, meeting Yunho's intense gaze as the way the man called his name was so different this time. The man had barely calling him gently.

"Why don't you just let him go, instead of holding onto him more?"

Jaejoong eyes widened upon heard something that he didn't expected from the man who claimed to help him getting back the love of his life.

"What are you saying?"

"I've start to think it's the best for you to let him go. Who knows... there is someone else that has actually waiting for you out there."

For a moment, Jaejoong fell into silence. He just stared at Yunho's face before a sad laugh escaped his lips. "Are you asking me to quit now just when we have been going this far? You should give me your support, not discouraging me. This is not like you, Yunho."

"Did I? Well, I'm sorry... because that's not what I'm going to do from now on."

"W-what... why?" Jaejoong threw a curious look at the man's sudden change in demeanor.

"Because I..... I don't like that man."

"Huh?"

"And I don't like the way he treats you." Yunho said, his voice tensing.

"It's not that easy to forget the one you love. Moreover, we've been together so long. And... there is no one who looking at me like the way he did. He is my first love and probably would be the only one who ever returned my feeling." Jaejoong said while fiddling with his fingers. His last word sounded whispered.

"But I believe there is." Yunho said shortly.

Jaejoong chuckled at the quick and confident answer from the man. "What's that? Are you trying to comfort me? If that's so, thank you. But stop saying something that you are not used to. What I remember, you are the one who hate the kind of people like me."

Yunho was taken aback by the sudden shot of statement.

Sighing, he took Jaejoong's hand and inattentively caressed the bruised wrist soothingly, which made Jaejoong stared at him in dumbfounded by his sudden gentleness in action.

His eyes scrutinized the adorable look on Jaejoong's face. Obviously, the other was looking so confused by his sudden action. Yunho suddenly felt amused when there was a noticeable blush on the beautiful one's face.

'What... did he blushing due to my touch just now?'

His eyes then trailed from staring into those beautiful doe-like eyes to those plump, full lips of Jaejoong.

It started with those eyes that enraptured him... and those lips that made him fall for it unconsciously.

Suddenly, Yunho felt the urge to do something.

He brought his palm craddled Jaejoong's cheek, his thumb caressed the other's bottom lips. In that instant, the smaller man's face reddening even more, as if all his blood had just shooting up his face. Those big, curious eyes stared at him unblinkingly. Yunho held the urge to smile in pure triumph upon saw the effect that he had brought to Jaejoong.

That was it.

That was what he wanted to see. It prove something important to him.

So, even he also could bring such effect to the guy. That was like a good sign for him. It showed that he stand a chance.

Jaejoong felt warm spread to his cheek where Yunho had touched and his heart was beating so hard against its ribcage, making him so confused. It seemed a new feeling that had been hidden inside for so long had just surfacing now. He didn't even comprehending why lately, the presence of the man could make him felt so at ease. It made him felt whole. And the slightest touch from the man could give him a weird effect. Yunho's big and warm palm always felt so comforting, whenever the man hugged him. It was different from what he received from Siwon. Those fingers seemed emitting a tenderness as they anchored him, sending a strange warm tingle on his skin. He didn't knew since when he became so aware and sensitive with the man's touch. He believed it must be because of that weird dream he had before; since the night where he was drunk.

Jaejoong was still drawn in his own thought, until he felt the other's hot breath hitting his face as the man leaned closer to him.

'When did he comes this close?!'

Jaejoong's eyes widened upon realized how close Yunho's face with his now. Nonetheless, he sat still in a stupor state.

Suddenly, Yunho's palm was blocking his eyes. Jaejoong couldn't see anything and that was when Yunho kissed the back of his palm that was covering Jaejoong's face.

"Y..Yunho... what are you doing?" Jaejoong muttered confusingly. As the man removed his hand, Jaejoong met with those almond-shaped eyes stared back at him before the man retreated from their current close proximity. As always, it hard to read what was playing in Jung Yunho's mind.

"Well, I... I'm just trying to distract you since you're looking so down."

"Huh?" Jaejoong stared at the man quizzically. The reason was so ambiguous.

"Don't look at me like that." Yunho muttered.

"Huh, why..?" Jaejoong frowned, confusion was clearly written over his face as he realized the cold-looking man had been acting weird tonight.

'Because I might kiss you right now, for real!' Yunho screamed mentally.

"Well, your big eyes staring at me just make me feel goosebump." He mindlessly blurted out something that wasn't reflected from his real thought.

"What? Yah, am I look that creepy or ugly th-"

"Okay, just shut up. Let's go have some drink. I'll keep you  company to drown your sorrows tonight until you passed out." Yunho cut off the other from ranting on.

"What was that mean? Yah, are you mocking me?!" Jaejoong scowled.

Yunho didn't answered as he pulled Jaejoong up from the couch before they lead their way to the rooftop after grabbed few cans of drink. Seemingly, the place had became the two hangout spot now.

Somehow, Jaejoong felt the heaviness in his heart was once again lightened up by Yunho presence. Who would have a thought, the presence of Jung Yunho that always made him felt annoyed before would be able to soothe his aching heart and making him felt much better at a moment like this.

The man might annoyed him sometime, but he had his own charm that could easily manipulated him in a good way, making him to be having second thoughts about the man.

***

"Jae..."

Jaejoong heard someone called him. The voice was so close to his ear. He brought his hand to cover his ears, shutting the voice from disturb his peaceful sleep.

"Jaejoong..."

The person called again. It took a minute for the drowsy Jaejoong to comprehend the voice was real before his eyes snapped opened.

There, he found Yunho's face was so close to his - again. The man was hovered on top of him.

'Oh, my...it's another weird dream!'

"N-no..!" Jaejoong's eyes widened in surprised before he rolled out from under the man hastily, causing him fell from the edge of bed.

"Auch!" He winced and rubbed his sore that landed hard on the solid floor.

"Tch, so clumsy... What's with that exaggerated reaction?" Yunho peeked over the latter  from the bed, one hand propped his head.

"Huh?" Jaejoong looked up at him blankly.

"Yah, wake up sleepy head." Yunho extended his hand as he flicked the other on the forehead.

"Aww..." Jaejoong glared at the man who was leisurely sitting on his bed. 'He is real!'

"Yah, what are you doing in my room?!" Finally, he able to make some sense and asked once he collected his scattered mind from the shock.

"Have you forgotten? You were so carried away when we were drinking last night. Aish, you and your poor tolerance over alcohol. I'd to drag you home again after you completely passed out last night. What an airhead... my back had almost break after carrying you. I wonder where all the foods that you've always stuffed in your mouth end up to? You look so skinny but your weight is really something." Yunho complained.

"Then, you have been here the whole night?" Jaejoong stared up at the man.

"Of course, how could I'm going back when you had been whining in your sleep non-stop over your unfortunate life while kept tugging my shirt. Tch, seriously how old are you to be acting like a kid who had just lost his puppy." Yunho mumbled.

Jaejoong couldn't help, but felt a warm heat crawling up his face upon heard the other's explanation. He bit his bottom lips; a habit when he was in an embarrassment.

Yunho looked amused as he caught the sight and the meaning of the other's silent.

He smirked. It was always pleasant to him whenever he could making the other face's flushed and lost of words to debate with him.

"Well, it's time for me to leave..." Yunho stood up from the bed and stretched his muscles.

Jaejoong looked up at the man in alarmed. When Yunho was about to walk out from his door, he snapped.

"Err... wait!"

Yunho turned around and raised his eyebrow. "What?"

"Erm... Are we... really not going to meet again after this?"

Now, Yunho remembered the thing he had said to jaejoong last night. He also almost forgot about the promise he made to himself, a promise to better distance himself from the person named Kim Jaejoong. But now, he thought it was useless. The more he tried to get away from the other, the more closer he get. He stared at the smaller man that were still looking at him in a saddening eyes.

'Ugh, this is so frustrating...' Yunho sighed inwardly.

Instead of answering the other question, he took out something from the pocket of his plush wallet.

"Here..." He extended a company's card to Jaejoong.

"What is this?" Jaejoong asked in confused.

"Well, something that would make you feel less lonely and at least, your mind would be distracted and not thinking too much about unnecessary things."

"Are you suggesting me to see a psychologist?" Jaejoong looked at Yunho with a sharp look. Yunho almost rolled his eyes at how clueless the other was.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter